General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Turning a newer Civic to a Lambo shape concept kit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Turning a newer Civic to a Lambo shape concept kit.

Hi guys, some of you may remember me from before (thread listed at the bottom), I plan to make a kit for the 8th gen civic sedan in the future and I wanted to let you guys know and see what you think.

The Vigor car is my custom design on another donor.

http://www.madmechanics.com/consumer...?topicseen#new

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...rts-car-2.html
Old 07-22-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Turning a newer Civic to a Lambo shape concept kit.

making a nice civic body kit is one thing, making it a wanna be lambo... well...

Old 07-22-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

People will laugh at you. Sure it'll be an interesting project for you but it's worthless. Instead of making a wannabe lambo why don't you make something original for the Civic like a new lip, new skirts, new grille etc.
Old 07-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Youd be lucky to sell 10 of these kits.. and I hope it comes with a V12. How did the Fairlady project turn out?
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Stop hating guys at least he has a dream.
But in all honesty tho there are right you will probably make a hell of a lot money if you decided to make custom made lip kits and tasteful body kits. But if this if what motivates you then good for it.
Old 07-22-2011
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about

lol i forgot about the other thread... How did the first one go for ya?? Not a learning experience i can see =)
Old 07-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Hows the 300zx kit and clothing line coming along?

I haven't seen you post on revscene in a awhile.
Old 07-22-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

I saw a couple of those 8th gen renders of that coupe. Looks real good. The wanna be ferrari one
Old 07-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta say, if you can get your 3d modelling down a bit better you might stand a chance
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

The 3D's are very roughly made but even if they're carved out with holes, there's always paper mache to patch things up
In-regards of it coming with a v12... if I had 10k extra to play with I would persoanlly look into hacking motorcycle engines in the back. Vrrrooom!

Originally Posted by Brian1037
People will laugh at you. Sure it'll be an interesting project for you but it's worthless. Instead of making a wannabe lambo why don't you make something original for the Civic like a new lip, new skirts, new grille etc.
SpeedDownZone said it best, Im doing what motivates me which is creating a cool car. One problem though is that I like the rear end body of the Murcielago but at the same time dont want people to see the car and think "oh fake Lambo" but rather, what car is that?
I also like this Jaguar's rear... but so far Im not sure what to do.

Great roof-line here but then no one would fit in the back seats.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-u...024/mvnbnn.jpg

For tail light design I may use the Civic ones to save cost or use Honda Accord ones like I kinda plan to use for my ZX kit. Very NSX like.

The downsides of this conversion are that tall people wouldnt fit in the back, the rear doors will be sealed up, and the loss of outside view in the back seats. It should be cosey back there though and pretty neat if the back windshield is made louver like so that they open and close.
lastly if the rear seats could be reclined into the trunk area, maybe one can make a bed back there!

After I make the Vigor kit I may start the Civic conversion or do a Corvette/Aston77 replica then the Civic last which could take up to a year to finish.

My current project, the Vigor kit, has advanced greatly!
The car ended up looking like this
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m.../s1024/vvv.jpg
but to make it perfect and equal on all sides, I started making a CNC machine to carve out the design. I had to make one anyway seeing how I want a career in this and making replicas. So I made a CNC and it worked great at cutting foam during testing, but when I went to cut a wood mount for a large router (drill), it basically broke so now Im upgrading the axis to steel.
http://i52.tinypic.com/zk0go9.jpg

A back story behind the design changes
http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=36

The latest renders of the car are on the first picture I posted with the Civic. In a couple weeks I think Ill have a life size foam kit made.

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Hows the 300zx kit and clothing line coming along?
I haven't seen you post on revscene in a awhile.
Hi MindBomber, I was banned from RevScene after taking a shot at the mods and friends for believing the early news reports about Japans nuclear safety levels.
They said to come back when I have updates though, so I may one day.

Last edited by Arashi; 07-23-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-23-2011

We are better here. Haha. We may poke at you for ***** and giggles but u do make nice work.

But I've seen some renders for your civic. They are nIce but the problem is that those kits aren't simple bolt on kits. They are full blown conversion kits. Which in turn will be very expensive.

Remember that the civic "market" isnt a high end one and most people buying civic are either on a budget or they need something cost effective and efficient. so u get the idea.

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 07-23-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-23-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Rawr
Old 07-23-2011

meow.
Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

make me a carbon fiber tsunami rear window visor knockoff for my 2004 make some extra cash for your endevors.
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

That would take too much time for little profit.
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
But I've seen some renders for your civic. They are nIce but the problem is that those kits aren't simple bolt on kits. They are full blown conversion kits. Which in turn will be very expensive.

Remember that the civic "market" isnt a high end one and most people buying civic are either on a budget or they need something cost effective and efficient. so u get the idea.
The hard parts would be;
Cutting the rear roof pillars with an angle grinder
Bending the roof line down
-Contracting a welder to join the roof to a support structure

Removing the rear windows
-Contracting a glass shop to shorten the windows

Cutting the rear end
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1003& transactionid=1311506829-248578229&posted_by=Arashi_www.civicforums.com&you tube_video_id=KfJ3VtzIjIg[/autostream]

Depending on how one tackles the conversion, it shouldn't cost too much and I would also include an installation instruction video.
I think selling the finished product (already converted) will be popular at first and interested clients could buy a Civic to do this conversion too.
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah because your current project is not going to take time and will make you rich ???
Old 07-24-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Oh my god leave the 8th gen civic alone !
Old 07-24-2011

I can't wait for this project to finish. It should turn out interesting
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

specialized7 is an unknown quantity at this point

i gotta say This is kinda stupid.
This is what gives civic owners a bad name, a fake lambo kit lol/.
I bought my civic because its cheap on gas. Not because i want it to look like a lambo
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

i bought my civic because it gets all the ladies.

im into GILFs
Old 07-25-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i bought my civic because it gets all the ladies.

im into GILFs

hahahahahaha! "do youz knows what youz are's?? ...a G-MILF. that's a grandma i'd like to..."
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

i know what i wrote how many granny's you see driven 7th gens tons they love dem 7th gens. not much woom in da back doe don't need no broken hips.
Old 07-25-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I respect the time and money you invest into these project of yours.

Though I'm not a huge fan of sports car look-alikes, I like to see custom fabricated cars.

I remember i read about some guy that created a completely unique sports car out of scratch. it was sexy, and he made a ton of money making it.
Old 07-25-2011
Whachya lookin at?

What kind of education/experience do you have in autobody / engineering? How do you know these kits meet the safety regulations in the united states? Your not just bolting a kit on, your shortening windows etc. Unfortunatly you can't just make a kit like this and sell it. You must get it approved and need some kind of education to get it done properly.
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

I have no formal education... the only big problem that can arise is in the event of a roll over and if the occupants heads will be protected. I think cars today have to meet these strength standards on the front pillars alone as even convertibles from decades back are good enough. I will most likely include a support structure for the rear anyway... this should meet safety standard and there are mechanic shops that have licenses to check and approve kit cars like mine to be insured for road use.

Originally Posted by lowlife9
yeah because your current project is not going to take time and will make you rich ???
Why delay my artistic automotive revolution for a windshield spoiler that serves no purpose but to make 5k car look better.

Originally Posted by iSharix
Oh my god leave the 8th gen civic alone !

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Though I'm not a huge fan of sports car look-alikes, I like to see custom fabricated cars.
Just yesterday I ran into a design that is very similar to mine... the artist carried the headlight design cues and applied them to the back taillights! I really like it and I may use it after asking his permission.

http://autographix.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2f3a9e

Originally Posted by specialized7
i gotta say This is kinda stupid.
This is what gives civic owners a bad name, a fake lambo kit lol/.
I bought my civic because its cheap on gas. Not because i want it to look like a lambo
Big spoilers, Lambo doors and fart can exhausts are what people despise in Civics. My conversion is in a different league of modification just as Lotus uses Toyota organs for their cars my conversion basically gives a new artistic shell over the guts of the car.

Last edited by Arashi; 07-25-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

because your artistic revolution isn't going to make you any money. selling a roof spoiler that serves no purpose other then to make a 5k dollar car look better would considering the small amount of after market parts there are for 7th gens but maybe somebody will buy your lambo kit because thats the trend these days as you can tell by this sites enthusiasm for one.
Old 07-25-2011
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about

k bud i understand your ambition but you need to realize that the kit will most likely end up costing you more than the car itself. Your shooting for the stars with a broken slingshot right now. I really hope your a rich kid because this will definitely put you in the poor house if you plan on this being your career. Not saying your doing a shi**y job or anything but your attempting to introduce a high end item to a budget market and you'll be lucky if you get a pity purchase from one of your rich friends. Or maybe im just retarded and that is what people waste there money on in canada. In which case good luck. But for the american market if its not Japanese its not worth the time LOL
Old 07-26-2011
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

what car is that that you are hacking up? its rhd!!!!
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

marek91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamis33
what car is that that you are hacking up? its rhd!!!!
looks like a peugeot emblem on the steering wheel?
Old 07-26-2011

GUYS......relax.

who cares if he is gonna make money or not..... it is doing what he likes.....

and you KNOW his civic is going to be very distinct... isnt that what customization is all about? he's just taking it to an extreme.

at least its not some ricer throwing up diff color body kits that have way too many spoilers.

Quick Reply: Turning a newer Civic to a Lambo shape concept kit.