General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019
Car Audio Inc

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
thornygravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

lawl
Old 04-11-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I ran into a box on the road that had a very familiar question mark on it.. then these appeared on my center console

Someone's about to get f'd in the a
Those are awesome
Old 04-11-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I may as well post here too.....Not about my own car, but.....
A few weeks ago I bought a 16 Civic LX for my GFs mother. She's 95 years old, has better brain function than most of us, still damn independent and living on her own, still passing the drivers test each year.
This lady is very likely gonna live to be 100 or more LOL
If the car survives until she decides to stop driving, it will go to my GF to replace the 07 Fit I bought for her a couple years ago.
Old 04-11-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Josh where did you find this question marked box? I have some blank switches and would love to run into one of those.

Not many 95 year olds can say they are still driving.
Old 04-11-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

https://everythingvinyldecal.com/collections/civic
Old 06-05-2019
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Installed a DC sport front upper strut bar today. A small increase in handling, but more than enough for me to notice. Small changes in the steering wheel (e.g. when you make small corrections to keep your car going straight) made much bigger changes than I had previously been used to.
Name:  VEMWUvN.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  1.86 MB
Old 06-12-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Had another go at vinyl wrapping today. Same stuff: 3M 1080 Carbon Fiber pattern, but I got a 2' x 5' roll this time. Did the "instrument cluster cowl" or whatever you wanna call it. The big *** plastic piece that runs the length of the dash over the I strive cluster. I'll snap better pics in the daytime, but for now, y'all get this

Just after finishing the wrap.

Aaaaaaand installed .
Old 06-13-2019
Administrator
Administrator

As promised, daytime pics.
Name:  l9m9Kcil.jpg
Size:  503 Bytes

Name:  nR76Ya5l.jpg
Size:  57.6 KB
The following users liked this post:
thornygravy (03-16-2022)
Old 06-20-2019
Administrator
Administrator

I'm starting to think I have a problem....

Old 06-20-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Plz send help
Old 06-20-2019
Administrator
Administrator

I can't stop
Old 06-20-2019

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Stolen from the internet

Old 06-20-2019
Administrator
Administrator

lol, luckily I used most of the roll I bought
Old 06-21-2019

Put in the LED lights I bought a month ago, doing the fogs tomorrow.

Old 07-12-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Was getting sick of how ugly that wire loom looked for protecting that fuel purge line and negative battery line. What DC included was a fairly soft plastic that deformed a bit with heat, and thus, barely did its job. Bought some DEI titanium plug/tube protective sleeve and wrapped them in that. Didn't feel like disconnecting the fuel line (and since there was a good amount of contact between the strut bar and the line I wanted a bit of extra protection), so I wrapped it like exhaust wrap with the sleeve. To secure it, I used small zip ties on both ends, then wrapped it in electrical tape. For the negative battery line, I disconnected, slipped it over, and used the supplied heat shrink tubing. Look a whole lot prettier now

Edit: Said screw it and took off that fuel purge line to properly sleeve the hose. Put 2 sleeves on it to protect against heat and abrasion damage from engine vibrations vs stationary (hot) strut bar.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-12-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2019
Administrator
Administrator

I think I'm done vinyl wrapping for now

Name:  F0ObbNDh.jpg
Size:  160.6 KB

Name:  es2iBFyh.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  161.4 KB
Old 08-09-2019
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light

nice job!
Old 04-01-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really niceBanoOmg is just really nice

xRiCeBoYx, that's rad as hell!

I don't have any pics, but two weeks ago I got to play with a blowtorch to remove a seized caliper pin. It didn't even have the bolt that connects it to the caliper, and the pads on that were worn very unevenly. Fire was fun.

It's maintenance time for my 2012 Civic. Tomorrow, I'm draining the coolant. Soon, I'll be doing suspension stuff. It's at >150k miles, and the previous owner has no record of any suspension work. Rear shocks are shot, all stabilizer link boots are torn, and front struts probably need to be done too.

Sure feels good fixing stuff though!

Old 05-24-2021

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
lvis is an unknown quantity at this point

I put a mishimoto shift **** on my ap1 so i took the stock s2k gear **** and put it in my em1
Old 03-16-2022
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M Falcon is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, this thread has been silent for a while! Is it dead? Maybe it's worth necromancy!
Let's see... here's what I've done to my '03 EX coupe since the last update with my old account:
-2016: Airbag recall dealt with. Car almost overheated after leaving.
Overheat issue misdiagnosed as bad radiator. Lesson learned but hey, new radiator!
Head gasket finally went, took her to a shop for that and a timing belt/tensioner
Got rear ended. New bumper and tail light. Rented a Sonic sedan for a few days and that turbo lag was HORRIBLE.
Shocks/struts were bad, replaced with KONI Orange
New tires and alignment, yay!
-2017: Brights went out, replaced the headlight switch with OEM
Hit 200,000 miles while "Owner of a Lonely Heart" was on the radio. Got me a pic.
-2018: Right headlight projector shroud popped off, pulled headlight apart to reattach
Crankshaft position sensor went out, replaced with cheap Chinese part
The rear left window wedge randomly shattered. Safelite repair, Safelite replace!
-2019: New wiper blades FTW
-2020: Left headlight projector shroud popped off, pulled headlight apart to reattach
Catalytic had been throwing a code for 2 years, replaced with Magnaflow.
Cheap Chinese crankshaft position sensor died, replaced with OEM. Torqued valve cover to spec and snapped the last bolt, necessitating new cover gasket. Now I have a nice little oil leak up top. :/ Lessons learned.
-2021: Clutch had been slippery for 4 years, finally replaced at a shop along with front compliance bushings
Got a dash cam after watching too many episodes of Idiots in Cars.
-2022: Trunk latch had sucked for the past 14 years... replaced to much success.
-TODAY: Left rear tire died a wastelander's death in the desert heat but all were due for replacement, got new ones yay

Last edited by M Falcon; 03-16-2022 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Indented a thing
thornygravy (03-16-2022)
Old 05-20-2022
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

The rear bearings are shot on my SV so I took the Falcon into work for the first time in a few years. In return, I gave her a washing, re-polished the headlights, topped off the coolant reservoir and implemented phase 3 of my 4 phase plan to refresh the power steering fluid!
Colin42 (05-20-2022)
Old 06-30-2022
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tnrider is an unknown quantity at this point

2005 civic ex, automatic transmission with 363,800 miles. Replaced front and rear wheel bearings, front lower ball joints and cv shafts (easiest part). None of this was done since I first bought it new in 2005. Car has been driven hard and has a trailer hitch for towing a light utility trailer (my riding lawnmower). I love this car.
Old 07-01-2022
Registered!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Harry Hemi is an unknown quantity at this point

While looking for a parasitic drain on my 03 ex, discovered that it has a wireless receiver for unlocking the doors.
Now I assumed when I got this car in 2020 that these didnt come with keyless entry, because - well it didnt come with a key fob and I bought one new in 2001 and it didnt have one.

I bought the $14 one from amazon, and it programmed. Now I dont need to use the key to get in it. So awesome.

Maybe one day Ill do the push button start.
Old 07-25-2022
Tyrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nergion is an unknown quantity at this point

What I did today was fix rust spots around the wheel well. Sanded the bad areas down as much as possible without losing the metal itself since it's so corroded. Started with 40 / 80 grit then onto 300 / 800 grit.... Cleaned it & spray painted 2 coats. Looks much better than before. (It's actually an Integra but I'm looking at buying a 2008 + Civic soon.)
Old 02-04-2024
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

I miss this thread! Washed, waxed and detailed the Millennial Falcon today. Wash/wax and oil change on my new (to me) Honda. Addisyn is next on the list when I get a new set of fork seals.
The following 4 users liked this post by Poopies:
Colin42 (02-05-2024), GolNat (02-06-2024), sdaidoji (02-04-2024), xRiCeBoYx (02-04-2024)
Old 02-05-2024
Super Moderator

Received 1,846 Likes on 1,299 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

My Civic is too rusty to wax and detail
The following 2 users liked this post by BrotatoChip:
Colin42 (02-05-2024), Poopies (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
too rusty
I believe you mean "full of character."

Last edited by Poopies; 02-05-2024 at 10:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Poopies:
BrotatoChip (02-05-2024), xRiCeBoYx (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024
Administrator
Administrator

lol, the first thing that came to mind seeing that SV650 was "that's cool, it has a Johnny 5 face"