General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

How do you have the wiring routed? You may want to think about routing the wires under a door sill and under the carpet to the center console. I have my amp wiring running under my passenger side door sill and I have zero issues with my sound system
Old 07-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
How do you have the wiring routed? You may want to think about routing the wires under a door sill and under the carpet to the center console. I have my amp wiring running under my passenger side door sill and I have zero issues with my sound system
I ran my amp power lines under my passenger door sill, tucked nice and out of the way, but I did the rca thru the center console and under the carpet. It was fine until I put the 12v line through there for the usb. Probably just going to lengthen it and run it under the sill with the amp power wires and away from the RCAs
Old 07-31-2015
Registered!!

tattedlariat is an unknown quantity at this point

I blew my headgasket. Now i just gotta decide what i wanna do.
Old 07-31-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I found a Fit with 200,000 miles with a blown head gasket...... if I can get it for dirt cheap I may get it.
Old 08-01-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ezone
I found a Fit with 200,000 miles with a blown head gasket...... if I can get it for dirt cheap I may get it.
Get it! Very fun and versatile car. Sell it or keep it as an extra. Drop a K in it

Originally Posted by tattedlariat
I blew my headgasket. Now i just gotta decide what i wanna do.
Sorry to hear that. Shouldn't be to expensive to fix if you want to keep it.
Old 08-01-2015
Registered!!

Today I took the shiny clean photos I should have the other day.
Name:  EFA26171-43B9-4F5D-9BF0-8145F55F885F_zpsnyd5uyn8.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  345.0 KB

Name:  1316A2D3-0FA0-4675-A773-8902394F2C75_zpsg0ottjjn.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  527.8 KB
Old 08-03-2015
Registered!!

Star1967 will become famous soon enough

An oil change and a new radiator cap.
Old 08-06-2015
Registered!!

I got a perfect opening to upgrade my exhaust after I ripped off my dangling dragging tailpipe.
Old 08-09-2015
Registered!!

Genyc07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did u score the dual usb port?

Found one identical on eBay for 5 bux shipped to my door. I don't know how those crazy Chinese can do it but I'm a buyer. Sweet little mod.

Last edited by Genyc07; 08-09-2015 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-09-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Got the Fit, paid for it Friday afternoon. Cheap enough to be worth the risk IMO.

Got the engine torn apart, found one broken head bolt as the most likely root cause of the blown head gasket. Amazingly enough, the head and deck both measured flat.
Gonna fix it, and it has stuck oil rings so I'm gonna stuff a set of rings in it too.

Originally Posted by GolNat
Get it! Very fun and versatile car. Sell it or keep it as an extra. Drop a K in it
Plan is to give the Fit to the GF so she can pass the Saturn to her sons family so they can have a second car.
Old 08-09-2015
Registered!!

ZoSoIV is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys new to the forum , just bought a used 2009 EX-L Coupe, its a girlfriend for my Toyota FJ Cruiser which has turned into pretty much a show truck, getting the windows tinted first thing this week, learning the car , one question it has the premium 350 watt audio system and I'm not sure if it has (((SiriusXM))) there as no button only a AUX button?

Name:  IMG_1252_zps8bwe3bpr.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  33.0 KB

the FJ

Name:  IMG_1361_zpsr6zg6lrt.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  309.4 KB
Old 08-09-2015
Registered!!

also doing HID headlights, easy or not on the Civic ?
Old 08-09-2015

and I'm not sure if it has (((SiriusXM))) there as no button only a AUX button?
If there is no XM button then it was not equipped from the factory with XM.

I think you had to buy it as an accessory...I think XM only came from the factory in Navi equipped cars. (This is not an area I pay attention to, so I don't remember very well)

It could have had a dealer installed accessory XM, but if you pushed the AUX button and nothing comes on, then it still does not have XM.

If it had dealer installed XM there would be a big ugly 2"x2" cube antenna stuck to the passengers side of the windshield.
Old 08-09-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ZoSoIV
also doing HID headlights, easy or not on the Civic ?
What's with the bold lettering?

If you buy a retrofit from a reputable dealer, it's pretty easy.
Old 08-09-2015
Registered!!

Probably won't do the projectors just a regular kit , nothing with the bold letter buddy other than I'm 30+ years older than you and don't see great anymore OK !
Old 08-09-2015

nothing with the bold letter buddy other than I'm 30+ years older than you and don't see great anymore OK !
Want to borrow my no-line progressive bifocals?
Old 08-09-2015
Registered!!

maybe ,mine aren't cutting it anymore lol
Old 08-09-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Genyc07
Where did u score the dual usb port?

Found one identical on eBay for 5 bux shipped to my door. I don't know how those crazy Chinese can do it but I'm a buyer. Sweet little mod.
Yup, eBay. So far so good, I'm loving it!
Old 08-10-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

So anybody know if I can buy a XM receiver and plug in to back back of what I have?
Probably not. If the deck wasn't built for it, you're gonna have to get a crappy separate over-the-air SXM unit or an aftermarket SXM-compatible radio. I've had both (the first, then the second), and I would never EVER go back to the first method.
Old 08-10-2015

So anybody know if I can buy a XM receiver and plug in to back back of what I have?
It's still listed in the accessory section of the dealer parts catalog.
Old 08-10-2015
Super Moderator

I've had a good couple of weeks. Ordered a Revo Technica short-throw shifter fro Ebay, aluminum shifter base bushings from CorSport, and a pair of AVS window deflectors that were on sale at AutoAnything! I changed the oil too, and now all I need is a tire balancing/rotation and I'm ready to move back to AZ!

First, the Revo S/S. It was relatively cheap to buy, really easy to install, and it's HELLA fun to use! My baby shifts like a new car now! It's adjustable too, so I can tighten it up even more if I want!

You can definitely tell which one's 12 years old.

Notice the 1 inch height difference and the adjustment screw on the new one. They're both sideways because reasons.

The stock height of the shifter. You can also see my crappy old Sirius unit.

The new one sits noticeably lower, but the looser leather doesn't get in the way at all.

Next, the window deflectors! Once again, I got them for pretty cheap and they match my tint pretty well. They've already kept out a lot of rain while maintaining a bit of a cross-breeze in my car, so I think they're totally worth it!

I don't think they're too noticeable from a distance.

I got the in-channel ones for an extra $5, and I think they feel more secure and look a bit more streamlined than the other ones. They just took a little longer to install.

Here's a close-up for anyone who cares!
Old 08-10-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nothing with the bold letter buddy other than I'm 30+ years older than you and don't see great anymore OK !
You need to see the replies, not what you wrote, duh. IQ unfortunately does not relate to age...

Loose the bold letters. and if you want to tell us what you did today, feel free to it. If you wanna ask question like you have been doing, create a thread.
Old 08-10-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Badudertz
need help deciding if I should drain and refill Tranny Fluid of my 04 civic 164k miles I just bought used last week with no records of tranny fluid replacement or flush. We all know this conflicting myths about not to or need to, i just bought honda tranny fluid at a dealership but still looking for answers online that made me more confused. The car is shifting just fine, just dont know what to do...
Not a place to ask questions. Duh.
Post deleted, create a new thread. Like I just said, this not a place to ask questions about your problems.
Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

ok what i did today , I checked with the dealer 350.00 dollars to add (((SiriusXM))) so going aftermarket headunit etc,. thanks guys, i use the bold letters to see the post then i can edit it better if that's not aright i guess i won't be here long you can ban my *** anyday punk, if you guys are that uptight who the hell wants to post here anyway

Last edited by ZoSoIV; 08-11-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2015
Super Moderator

Glad you found a solution!

i use the bold letters to see the post then i can edit it better if that's not aright i guess i won't be here long you can ban my *** anyday punk, if you guys are that uptight who the hell wants to post here anyway
Eh, this is probably the most laid-back Honda forum around. No one is gonna ban you for improper typeface, but just realize that whenever one normally uses bold or italics instead of normal it comes off like you're either trying to forcefully communicate a point or are otherwise putting emphasis on something. I could keep typing all my posts in italics but it would get confusing after a while. It would always look like I'm trying to emphasize a point instead of just posting like I normally do. You can keep typing all your posts in bold for all we care, just know that other people are going to keep giving you grief for it.
Old 08-11-2015

ok what i did today , I checked with the dealer 350.00 dollars to add (((SiriusXM)))
Was that including labor? You can probably get the pieces cheaper than that from a dealer (or wholesale dealer online), and instructions and DIY install if you are into DIY.

if that's not aright i guess i won't be here long you can ban my *** anyday punk, if you guys are that uptight who the hell wants to post here anyway
Made me think of this:
Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

Was that including labor? You can probably get the pieces cheaper than that from a dealer (or wholesale dealer online), and instructions and DIY install if you are into DIY.
no just parts , it was a Toyota dealership i called, I haven't looked around , aftermarket is the better route anyway, may check online since at least i know it can be done
Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

Made me think of this:
Lighten Up Francis - YouTube
made me think of this , back at ya lol

Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

hey guys new to the forum , just bought a used 2009 EX-L Coupe, its a girlfriend for my Toyota FJ Cruiser which has turned into pretty much a show truck, getting the windows tinted first thing this week, learning the car , one question it has the premium 350 watt audio system and I'm not sure if it has (((SiriusXM))) there as no button only a AUX button?

the FJ

dam i didn't realise a fj could look so mean i love it. do you actually take it off road or do you baby it ??? i always wanted to buy an fj and paint it to look like a ninja turtle food for thought.
Old 08-11-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
dam i didn't realise a fj could look so mean i love it. do you actually take it off road or do you baby it ??? i always wanted to buy an fj and paint it to look like a ninja turtle food for thought.
I did off road it when i first got the truck but more and more mods , color matching the top etc i made it a show truck it featured in Car Brite ads and local dealership have use pics of my truck in there ads so its more a toy at this point , its a mean machine and one of a kind , I bought the Civic for a commuter/gas mileage vehicle, the FJ gets about 12 to 14 on a good day and everyone knows what the Civics get lol so i pretty much tripled my gas mileage, the FJ is a great truck and fun to drive, it like the Civic also but have to get used to sitting on the ground and the ride compared to the FJ lol , and i can park the Civic UNDER the FJ lol

Last edited by ZoSoIV; 08-11-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?