General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star1967 will become famous soon enough
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Bought a can of refrigerant and the my brother& I added to the AC. Called an interior shop to check on how much it would cost to recover/replace the sun visors and headliner. I have a pair of beige pantyhose covering the damaged diver's side visor.
Old 06-07-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ezone
Uhhh....Bad wheel bearing(s) will sound like an airplane.
Old 06-08-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

sorry about that, poppies

sorry again, poopies :P (just some humor to brighten )
Old 06-08-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
sorry about that, poppies

sorry again, poopies :P (just some humor to brighten )
Haha thanks, Sandro. I got me a pair of Moog rear hub assemblies and I hear installing them isn't all that bad. Hopefully I won't have to touch the rear knuckle area for a long time after that!
Old 06-09-2015
Registered!!

Working on wiping out an old sticker off the inside rear window.
Old 06-09-2015
Registered!!

tattedlariat is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, i decided that my problem I've been having with my honda was due to a bad ignition coil. Went to autozone, got an ignition coil and a distributor cap and rotor.

After about 30 minutes of turning over the engine, i came to the realization that my rotor doesn't have a set screw, so i yanked it off. And then I couldn't get the ignition coil to fit in right, and can't find a rotor that has a clip as opposed to the set screw. So I walked away. It'll be fixed another day, maybe.
Old 06-09-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tattedlariat
couldn't get the ignition coil to fit in right,
I installed a coil for a friend in a 97 or 98 Civic, it came from AutoZoo and it also did not fit quite right in that distributor. Only one of the screws would thread in, the other hole wouldn't line up. So it's running with only one screw holding the coil but it does run.

Didn't have the rotor issue though.
Old 06-09-2015
Registered!!

Well, this is just too big. I gotta tinker with it some more. and Oreillys seems to have the part i need, i may go check it out in a little while.
Old 06-09-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Take the original part with you to match them up!
Old 06-09-2015
Registered!!

Well, i went to oreillys and was able to buy one that came with a set screw. Problem solved. Got the ignition coil back in, plastic cover, gasket, and rotor on. Distributor cap wouldn't fit up right so i decided to call it a night.
Old 06-10-2015
Registered!!

Distributor cap is back on. Gonna take it out on a test drive soon. I think i'll end up doing plugs and wires this weekend.
Old 06-11-2015
Registered!!

I polished the headlights on her.
Old 06-11-2015
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Just sold mine today
Old 06-12-2015
Registered!!

I went to go to the Dodge dealership to pick up my boss. And my civic died. And wouldn't start back up. Took the distributor cap off, checked the rotor, checked plugs, etc. I COULD NOT get that thing started back up. So i pushed it from the office to the shop, waiting to hear back.
Old 06-15-2015
Registered!!

Went to work and then washed the Honda. Tried Mequire's paste wax for dark color paint jobs. Found a replacement sun visor for $20 in a salvage yard.

Last edited by Star1967; 06-18-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I just relieved my civic of her daily duties. She is now moving toward a more serious project car. In the mean time I will listing some parts for sale (coilovers anybody) to help get me a suspension for my new daily. After I have that all set I will move onto saving for more serious civic mods.

2009 Honda Fit Sport w/ Nav 5 Speed

Name:  IMG_2665_zps8184e569.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  207.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2664_zps93d12ee3.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  181.0 KB
Old 06-18-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

wut?!? tell us you not gonna go maxtierney
Old 06-19-2015
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

wut?!? tell us you not gonna go maxtierney
haha no I will still be on everyday, most likely multiple times like usual. Of course I am going to have to check the Fit forums for info since I will lowering it and doing some minor suspension mods.
Old 06-19-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

non, non, i meant your civic will start looking like his

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...sion-swap.html

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ld-thread.html
Old 06-19-2015

Originally Posted by GolNat
Of course I am going to have to check the Fit forums for info since I will lowering it and doing some minor suspension mods.
K-swap the fit? Rowr!
Old 06-19-2015
Super Moderator

Nice Fit, GolNat!
I FINALLY put the finishing touches on the rear disc swap today. EP3 knuckle/rotor/caliper assembly installed, rotors turned, new pads, new Russell braided s/s brake lines, new Si proportioning valve, new Moog rear bearing hub assemblies and an extremely thorough vacuum bleed to finish it off.
Old 06-19-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

way to go! let us know how it feels after a drive

i am still at my stock rear drum parts at 114k miles...
Old 06-19-2015
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I just relieved my civic of her daily duties. She is now moving toward a more serious project car. In the mean time I will listing some parts for sale (coilovers anybody) to help get me a suspension for my new daily. After I have that all set I will move onto saving for more serious civic mods.
Excellent.
I wish I could have saved my civic for a big build....
Sadly I don't have the funds, the space, or the time.
The fit will be a fun economical car, but soon you'll be wanting more power...as usual.

Originally Posted by Poopies
Nice Fit, GolNat!
I FINALLY put the finishing touches on the rear disc swap today. EP3 knuckle/rotor/caliper assembly installed, rotors turned, new pads, new Russell braided s/s brake lines, new Si proportioning valve, new Moog rear bearing hub assemblies and an extremely thorough vacuum bleed to finish it off.
Nice, the EP3 swap turned into like a dark hole that kept getting deeper and deeper for me.
It was just issue after issue after issue.
But overall, I really enjoyed the mod, made the car look a bit more modern and cool, not to mention stop a bit better.
Old 06-20-2015
Super Moderator

way to go! let us know how it feels after a drive

i am still at my stock rear drum parts at 114k miles...
Thanks! So far, they work great! It was raining yesterday, so I wasn't able to really get a feel for how big the improvement is. They do feel more responsive though, so hopefully they improve my baby's survivability a bit. I don't think it's the night and day difference I was hoping for... it's more like night and dawn.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Nice, the EP3 swap turned into like a dark hole that kept getting deeper and deeper for me.
It was just issue after issue after issue.
But overall, I really enjoyed the mod, made the car look a bit more modern and cool, not to mention stop a bit better.
Ugh, no kidding. I ended up spending WAY more time and money on the project than I wanted. I did learn a LOT too, though. Everything was done right, so hopefully I won't have to touch my brake system again for a few more years!

BTW, I'm sorry to see your 7th Gen go, but I'm sure you found a good home for it!
Old 06-20-2015
Kenny the Ricer

Thanks! So far, they work great! It was raining yesterday, so I wasn't able to really get a feel for how big the improvement is. They do feel more responsive though, so hopefully they improve my baby's survivability a bit. I don't think it's the night and day difference I was hoping for... it's more like night and dawn.

Ugh, no kidding. I ended up spending WAY more time and money on the project than I wanted. I did learn a LOT too, though. Everything was done right, so hopefully I won't have to touch my brake system again for a few more years!

BTW, I'm sorry to see your 7th Gen go, but I'm sure you found a good home for it!
Yep, I ended up replacing the rear wheel bearing, rotor, slider pins, boots, caliper seal, and pads, just about everything other than the spindle, knuckle and calipers lol.

And I did find a good home for the civic. I got a great price for it too. Even the buyer told me the car was immaculate.
My new toy is a ton more fun, and I've finally got a manual so I can row my own gears.

I don't really miss the civic as much as I thought I would.
I'm just sitting here wondering if I'm gonna get a text saying the SRS light turned back on. And then the laundry list of issues pops into my head and I'm so glad it's not in my hands.
Old 06-20-2015
Registered!!

Red_Chaos1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got mine back from the dealer. Had them do the timing belt and oil. Included the usual. Also had them do the valve cover gasket since that was weeping oil, and the last time I had it in they told me the front oil pump seal was leaking, so I had them to that and an oil pan reseal. Cost me a bit but I figure it's worth it. The mobile mechanic I was using literally moved to Africa, so I have no one I can rely on and trust atm. They also cleaned up the engine and such for me, removed a lot of the leaked oil and grime that was on it.

Next up is the exhaust manifold, the crack in it has grown upward and over the top going down the backside in the less than a year I have owned it. Ebay a worthy place to be looking?
Old 06-22-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Red_Chaos1
Just got mine back from the dealer. Had them do the timing belt and oil. Included the usual. Also had them do the valve cover gasket since that was weeping oil, and the last time I had it in they told me the front oil pump seal was leaking, so I had them to that and an oil pan reseal. Cost me a bit but I figure it's worth it. The mobile mechanic I was using literally moved to Africa, so I have no one I can rely on and trust atm. They also cleaned up the engine and such for me, removed a lot of the leaked oil and grime that was on it.

Next up is the exhaust manifold, the crack in it has grown upward and over the top going down the backside in the less than a year I have owned it. Ebay a worthy place to be looking?
A new header costs close to $500. Going to work and I washed the Civic yesterday only to have a bird relieve itself on the back and front windshield.
Old 06-22-2015
Prelude Owner

non, non, i meant your civic will start looking like his
Oh, haha yes but less suspension and more motor stuff. Like maybe turbo but probably K.

Originally Posted by ezone
K-swap the fit? Rowr!
Haha, has crossed my mind and will be considered when it gets relieved of its daily driving duties down the road. A guy on a Fit forum put a V6 J engine in a Fit, still waiting on final results but still sweet!

Nice Fit, GolNat!
Thanks! Glad you got them done and you did it the proper way. It may not provide the night and day difference you were hoping for but learning while you are doing it is great also. I was a little upset that I spent the time doing my wheel bearing, CV, ball joints and other suspension stuff on my Civic now that I am not driving it but I had never done some of those things so it was a great learning experience and confidence booster.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Excellent.
I wish I could have saved my civic for a big build....
Sadly I don't have the funds, the space, or the time.
The fit will be a fun economical car, but soon you'll be wanting more power...as usual.
I don't have any of those either, lol, which is why it will be a very slow build. Yea your rite the Fit will fill those needs and I will want more and hopefully the Civic will help with that.
Old 06-22-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Ha Ha... the things you miss when you're not around for a few days! Nice car GolNat. Congrats on selling yours Kenny... new cars are a rush! Both are good choices... choices I would have made myself. Nothing beats a standard transmission in my opinion no matter what anybody says.
Old 06-22-2015

. A guy on a Fit forum put a V6 J engine in a Fit, still waiting on final results but still sweet!
Got link?

For research purposes, of course.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?