General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Put in the new DC Sports tie bar. I originally wanted a Neuspeed one, but it was like looking for a damn unicorn! All it took was a 14mm socket and my foot to widen out the passenger side mount. Stupid USPS. Thanks fusion158!

The thing feels pretty solid and definitely looks nice!
Old 01-25-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

^ does look nice! I'm sure it will work just as well as a Neuspeed bar.
Old 01-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marteam is an unknown quantity at this point

Replaced the wiper blades and gave my Civic a good bath.
Old 01-29-2015
Registered!!

Lokin4Areason is an unknown quantity at this point

still looking for the additional part(s) .... and awaiting for the next cheque to buy a few other things; like rear main seal, water pump, timing belt, and tensioner pulley ..
Old 01-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Today I bought a CRV!

2005 EX.
105k.

Ok, sorta... I am playing "bank of dad" for my ol' ladys son and his young family.
I am now the lienholder on the title.

Their car was totaled just before Christmas (other persons fault), and they have been using my GFs car and she has been using her mothers car, and it's been a big PITA for all.
They wanted a reliable small SUV that I would approve of (and ultimately be willing to take care of), so I found one and jumped in with both feet LOL. Still got a little work to do to it before I turn it loose.

They are all excited, they have never had a decent car before.
Some tears were shed when they heard what I was doing.

Took this pic a few months ago, this is their 3yo daughter.
She calls me PopPop. How can you say "no" to this face?
Name:  JHUwZWIl.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  42.5 KB

----------------------------------------

Ok, enough of this mushy stuff. Back to being a hardass.
Old 01-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

haha, she's a cutie. Glad nobody was hurt in the wreck! Also glad to see your Honda family is still growing hahaha
Old 01-29-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
haha, she's a cutie. Glad nobody was hurt in the wreck! Also glad to see your Honda family is still growing hahaha
Thanks!
If I can find a killer deal on an 8th gen Civic I may get the GF out of her Saturn before it becomes totally worthless.
Old 01-30-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ezone
Their car was totaled just before Christmas (other persons fault), and they have been using my GFs car and she has been using her mothers car, and it's been a big PITA for all.
Glad everyone was ok. Having to share a car is a big PITA. It is great that you were able to give the freedom that a car provides back to them.

A friend of mine had a Saturn, it served him well but it did have some electrical issues.
Old 01-30-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

I may get the GF out of her Saturn before it becomes totally worthless.
Maybe someone has a pair of Daewoos sitting around and would be willing to make a trade!
Old 02-09-2015
Registered!!

marteam is an unknown quantity at this point

After searching on the net for some nice looking wheels, I decided to get the Pacer 773MB Mantis from http://4wheelonline.com/pacer-wheels.242199. Will upload pictures once they are installed. Also, I need to replace my tires though can't decide yet which one to get.
Old 02-09-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

weird - still wondering what went wrong - it was warm enough, not supposed to lose traction that suddenly...
Old 02-09-2015

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
not supposed to lose traction that suddenly...
Wet pavement?
The first bit of rain can make a road slicker than cat poop until the oil has been washed away.
Old 02-09-2015
Super Moderator

Wet pavement?
The first bit of rain can make a road slicker than cat poop until the oil has been washed away.
That, and I think you can start hydroplaning at like 30mph in the right conditions. It didn't look like you were even going THAT fast though. Maybe it's all that torque from the cam!
Old 02-09-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thats the weird stuff...
about 50F, no rain. some moisture around, making things around kinda damp, but that was it.
but i take that corner quite faster than that usually, tires were warm. but suddenly the front loses traction (hard to tell from video, but it understeered hard suddenly, even though i braked to load front tires) so i lift the throttle to regain front load (of course that will make the rear progress sway bar/no front sway bar make the rear step out), so countersteer. I did not punch the throttle to correct the oversteer, since it was weird, never happened in that corner before.

there might have been some oil, but when i went back in the afternoon, i saw nothing else in there...

nothing wrong with teh car, it was the same as always the rest of the way...
Old 02-09-2015
Super Moderator

Old 02-23-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
weird - still wondering what went wrong - it was warm enough, not supposed to lose traction that suddenly...
[URL=http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z77/sdaidoji/civic%20general/06420003_zpslxmk3inb.mp4][IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z77/sdaidoji/civic%20general/th_06420003_zpslxmk3inb.mp4
heh...

found out the why...
left front is screwed...
and now, i have a three week trip...

will fix when i get back...

was bad before i even drove over the ice bumps from last week (that made it worse, actually...)
Name:  alignment_zps4d91e1e0.png
Views: 251
Size:  1.04 MB
Old 03-08-2015
Registered!!

Drove it for the first time since December! I took the head off in December to find out why I was having a misfire. Cleaned head up good, put in a new head gasket and got it back together in January. First time I cranked it the CEL was on for a bad camshaft sensor and it was overheating, and the radiator fans wouldn't turn on. Then it felt like we were living on pluto for about the past 3 weeks so I haven't worked on it. So replaced the sensor, thermostat, and fan switch today and it seems to be 100%!!

Feeling pretty accomplished. Just wish it had happened over the summer so I could have got it back together faster with more sunlight and temps that are comfortable to stand outside in. But oh well. Hopefully it's good for another 100k now.
Old 03-08-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
Just wish it had happened over the summer so I could have got it back together faster with more sunlight and temps that are comfortable to stand outside in.
Haha...I'm in the same boat...no garage or indoor space. It seems like nothing ever goes bad in the nice warm summer months either.

I just finished putting my summer winter tires on since winter never really happened where I live this year. I actually have flowers and grass growing in my yard at the moment.

Last edited by Stock 99; 03-09-2015 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2015
Registered!!

Yeah it sucks when you have to use a flood light to try and warm yourself up!
Old 03-13-2015
Registered!!

mdepriest09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Today I had to re-tape the crack in the windshield wiper fluid reservoir. I'm not sure if I should replace it, since the summer is coming up and it will be so dry here in CO. It holds enough for 3-4 sprays, since the crack is high up, but I hate getting underneath the car and dirty for something so minimal. I also ordered new red visors so I can replace the gray ones. I tried to sew on new fabric and removed the mirrors, didn't realize that the clips are permanent and can't be replaced once removed, so they're completely ruined. So put the visors back on, but ugly gray and no makeup checks for about two weeks. I'm starting to realize that I need to google things for at least a day before I take them apart, just in case it's irreversible. (I should have learned my lesson when there were 7 extra screws left over after I took apart the dash to paint it!) lol
Old 03-28-2015

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

For the first time since I bought my Civic 5 years ago I'm driving on something other than a winter tire! I just put Nokian eNTYRE and Core Racing rims on my car...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	99Civic-before.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	87580   Click image for larger version

Name:	99Civic-after.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	87581   Click image for larger version

Name:	99Civic-tire-LRR.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	87582   Click image for larger version

Name:	99Civic-tire1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	87583   Click image for larger version

Name:	99Civic-tire.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	87584  

Old 03-29-2015
Super Moderator

That's a nice looking Civic! How do you like the tires?
Old 03-29-2015

Thank you! Hard to believe it's 16 years old sometimes. I just drove on them for the first time today and of course I like them....they are whisper quiet. It'll take a few months of driving in all conditions before I really have an opinion on them though. I spent about a month researching what I wanted for tires and these ones were very highly praised by people who had bought them. Even running winters on steelies in the summer months I was averaging 37-42 mpg so I'm really curious to see what that will translate into with alloys and LRR tires.
Old 03-29-2015
Noob Member

Mr. Noble is an unknown quantity at this point

One day I'll be able to afford rims/good tires. Until then I am rocking spray painted hubcaps and 70k all weather tires

Today I replaced my header gasket, washed my car and painted my front lip. Getting a new one next week, hope it doesn't arrive all twisted/warped.

Anyone know how I can find if there are any Civic groups near me?
Old 03-29-2015
Noob Member

Mr. Noble is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a nice shirt btw Poopies
Old 03-29-2015
Super Moderator

LOL I wish I had a shirt that cool! For groups, you might try here
or look for groups here
but it doesn't look like either link will take you anywhere that's been active for a while.
Old 04-04-2015
Super Moderator

I washed my car, changed out my tail lights to LED ones and upgraded my reverse bulbs to white LEDs!

You can follow my exploits here:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4682035
Old 04-10-2015
Registered!!

RaymondCasgrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are all the posts? Come on people, I want to see some pics!
Old 04-10-2015
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RaymondCasgrain
Where are all the posts? Come on people, I want to see some pics!
That's a two-way street, you know!
Old 04-10-2015

Originally Posted by RaymondCasgrain
Come on people, I want to see some pics!
Originally Posted by Poopies
That's a two-way street, you know!
In Soviet Union, pictures look at you!

/whut?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?