General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Old 08-23-2014
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Took me a week (while going to work and being sick) but I converted her to manual =D. I'll post pics soon =D.
Old 08-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Well, I couldn't resist at $1200 (probably would have paid the $1500 they were asking):

Name:  bluecivic_zpsade80065.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  47.2 KB

2001 EX, manual trans, 112K miles, Brand new Pirelli's all around, not a salvage this time.

Driver's door switches don't work. Leak from that plug on the end of the head. Clutch pedal squeak. Timing belt, etc hasn't been done. A little paint fade on the trunk lid. Except the paint fade all are easy fixes. Fixed the oil leak and pedal squeak today. Will tackle the timing belt, etc next weekend.

Overall, I'd say it's in very good condition. All the fluids are good, suspension is fine, except for the door switches everything works, interior is clean, new tires, clutch is nice and tight, headlights are clear.

I'll tint the windows and get window and sunroof guards but, other than the fixes mentioned I'm gonna keep it completely stock.
Old 08-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Nice! That's a great price too!
Old 08-26-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nice!

Welcome back, Laz! we miss you here
Old 08-31-2014
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Turns out the driver's switches are good. It's the window motor and lock actuator that I had to replace. Gonna wait till next weekend to do the timing belt etc.
Old 09-05-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Found my rear window broken when I got back to work from being away for the day last night. WTF!!

Name:  IMG_0238_zps55048468.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  184.4 KB

Looks like something could have fallen and hit it. My work is in the process of replacing the roof so I am thinking something fell when they were working on it.

Name:  IMG_4702_zps82ca826e.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  292.5 KB

After hitting a few bumps the window completely fell out.

Name:  IMG_3848_zps5c978fc9.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  168.9 KB

Got it replaced today at Safelite, they did an excellent job and even cleaned up the broken glass that was in the car. IT is going through the security footage to see if anything can be seen.
Old 09-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Wow that's nuts. Did you find a bolt in the car?
Old 09-06-2014
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I didn't find anything when I looked in the back. I suppose something could have bounced off. I looked around the car before I left and didn't see anything. Hopefully the cams caught something!
Old 09-07-2014
Registered!!

WEGOMITE is an unknown quantity at this point

So I try and help my parents out when I can by working on their 2004 Honda civic Si...
when I was out working they took the car into the STEALERSHIP...sure enough they did unnecessary work that I could have done and not hammered them on the bill.

Change brake lines, control arms when the problem was the bushings...list goes on...
So I get to change the bushings...:/

Any how while they were there the Honda folks said you should change your serpentine belt...its over the mileage...While I admit it is CLOSE to the mileage changing it wouldnt hurt.

They also said when you change the belt to change and buy a new water pump.
1st time I have heard of that...anyone on here have any knowledge of doing this...or is this more STEALERSHIP BS?
Old 09-07-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEGOMITE
So I try and help my parents out when I can by working on their 2004 Honda civic Si...
when I was out working they took the car into the STEALERSHIP...sure enough they did unnecessary work that I could have done and not hammered them on the bill.

Change brake lines, control arms when the problem was the bushings...list goes on...
Your parent(s) willingly approved that work. Nobody held a gun to their head.

Any how while they were there the Honda folks said you should change your serpentine belt...its over the mileage...While I admit it is CLOSE to the mileage changing it wouldnt hurt.
You mean the TIMING belt?
This is a Canadian SI with the 1.7Liter engine?

TIME is just as important as mileage for the timing belt. You are well beyond the 7 year interval stated in the owners manual.

1st time I have heard of that...anyone on here have any knowledge of doing this...

Even if it looks OK right now, will that water pump go another ~~10 years and 170.000 km? Do you want to chance it? It's more cost effective to replace it during the timing belt job.
Same with the tensioner pulley.
And the PAIR of accessory drive belts (serpentine).

or is this more STEALERSHIP BS?
When you aren't an informed consumer, any salesperson can BS you.

HTH
Old 09-07-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by WEGOMITE
1st time I have heard of that...anyone on here have any knowledge of doing this...or is this more STEALERSHIP BS?
Yes, you have to remove a lot of stuff in order to replace the timing belt so rather than do it multiple times it's best to replace any serviceable parts in that area all at the same time.
Old 09-08-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

front wheel bearing in - civic is back in business

now onto that front cracked windshield...

i feel your pain, golnat...
Old 09-09-2014
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
now onto that front cracked windshield...
I recommend Safelite. My back window was $300 which I thought was good considering it has a defroster and antenna.
Old 09-09-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

yes, they were the ones i used previously when they broke into the passenger window.

thanks, golnat
Old 09-09-2014
Registered!!

Finally got the timing belt etc changed. Of course I broke the alt bolt. I swear I'll never do one again... until they want to charge me $900. lol
Old 09-09-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

so you did not do what i did a few years ago?
water pump bolts delayed me a few days for them to come

never use a click type torque wrench on low torque bolts... lesson learned...

Name:  DSC09636small.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  124.7 KB
Old 09-09-2014
Registered!!

Naw, out and in like Flynn.
Old 09-15-2014
Registered!!

meabjkcaz is an unknown quantity at this point

What did I do to my civic today? I drove the living $#!7 out of it haha... Hit top speed of 134 mph for the first time. <3 my Si!
Old 09-16-2014
Registered!!

usajags84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought another one! 2003 lx sedan 5 speed

2001 civic lx 153k
Replaced both 02 sensors only to still have a CEL on,
I am going to trace the wiring for pinch or snare, transmission was rebuilt and former owner told me shortly after the rebuild the light was on, Anyone know i there is a fuse. I am getting a heater error for sensor 2 and a general error sensor 1.

I have a code reader and clearer and it will come right back if cleaned. I tried two different upper o2 and 1 lower, still nothing same errors...

Yesterday,
I replaced a cracked side view mirror,
searched online for a 2003 hubcab
replaced 1 tail light, i bought a 2004 set but didnt buy the wiring harness they look cool but I realized its alot more work to make em work so if anyone wants them make me an offer.

Day before
replaced valve cover gasket, plugs, oil change, air filter, fresh coolant

week before
replaced battery, replaced radiator and ac condensor

tomorrow:
welding a new bracket on for muffler putting on the emblems since i did a repaint
rewiring a stereo harness and wiring up a new stereo
clean up and get out tools because its going to the stealership

Thursday
Bringing to dealer for Some serious SRS airbag recalls, both bags and inflators and seat belts are recalled.... Didnt know about the seatbelt recalls...
Hope I dont get a bill
Old 09-16-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Replaced both 02 sensors only to still have a CEL on,
I am going to trace the wiring for pinch or snare, transmission was rebuilt and former owner told me shortly after the rebuild the light was on, Anyone know i there is a fuse. I am getting a heater error for sensor 2 and a general error sensor 1.

I have a code reader and clearer and it will come right back if cleaned. I tried two different upper o2 and 1 lower, still nothing same errors...
What's the codes?

What brand sensors did you use?
Old 09-17-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
What's the codes?

What brand sensors did you use?
The first set were some cheap ebay knock offs the second set was a set of bosch.
Ironically they are both for the heating element.
I did check my fuses, and checked number 4 the 10 amp and it was good....

Error codes are p0141 p0135 both for heating elements.
I am going to try:
http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/hon...nostic-tests-1
Old 09-17-2014
Registered!!

Today:
I had a new mount welded on for the muffler- I am now back to stock and sounding good.

I cleared the maintenance light required
I checked the airbag codes before bringing to the dealership 9-3 (seatbelt drivers side)

Replaced some bulbs in the tail lights

Got my paint job made fun of...
(i deserve it, if your thinking duplicolor paint shop, dont do it!)

Priced some tires (on sale at sams club for 49 each, might grab 2)

I did not put my radio in or charge the ac system, (forgot my good hose and gauges, and I wanted to solder the wires in then put shrink wrap on the harness.

I am now working on trying to isolate the noise coming in the front
every time I go over a bump i get a nice stong click, I believe its the strut or strut mount. (might be a weekend project)

Car is at the dealership waiting for the dreaded call tomorrow of them trying to sell me something. I did the at night drop off with the key that said recalls please and a smiley face Parked directly in front of the service doors. (I might have fun tomorrow when i go pick it up-wheres my radio?

This weekend I have got to replace the door lock actuator and I am thinking of putting in a keyless entry. The drivers door is very hard to lock and i could barely get in today when i locked it .(another reason why I didnt put the radio back in before leaving it at Honda (not in the best part of town)

I am waiting for the 03 excitement is driving me crazy but Patience is a virtue.
Tomorrow when I pick up the 01 coupe, I am dropping off my sister in laws 02 sedan for a recall.
Old 09-17-2014

Originally Posted by usajags84
The first set were some cheap ebay knock offs the second set was a set of bosch.
Ironically they are both for the heating element.
I did check my fuses, and checked number 4 the 10 amp and it was good....

Error codes are p0141 p0135 both for heating elements.
I am going to try:
Looking at your links
The heater resistance spec given for code P0135 is the same as what my info gives....

But my info does not give a resistance spec for the P0141. (I'd have to check my real-world notes at work LOL.)

If you have power and ground as per the tests outlined in the links above, then throw away those Bosch sensors.

Sensors with the correct heaters resistance values are critical, the computer does not like the wrong sensors.

Get the correct DENSO or NTK sensors, whichever the car originally came with.
Old 09-18-2014
Registered!!

Today:
Attempted to recharge ac failed- I think the pressure switch is keeping the compressor from turning on to charge. I am using the old fashioned method of using a 19 oz can and hose.

Thoughts on using a 12 v source to trigger the compressor elctromagntic clutch?

Got car back on dealer with new bags they ordered me a buckle,

I am trying to figure out if its my strut mount or something else causing the clicks.
My weekend is gone, so I probably wont do anything but solder my radio harness, and change my door lock actuator.

I am helping a buddy change the valve cover gaskets in his 2003 highlander v6. I might write a post on how to do it since it apply to any v6 3.0 and you have to remove the intake and everything else.
Old 10-04-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

finally got a new windshield! now i can see without the bi-focal glasses
Old 10-10-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Changed the oil, instructed a Civic newbie on how to change his!
Old 10-10-2014

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
finally got a new windshield! now i can see without the bi-focal glasses
Help a brother out: Where can I get a prescription-ground windshield??
Old 10-11-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

lol! mine was cracked horizontally
Old 10-11-2014
Acura EL 1.6 - Ontario, Canada

AcuraEl1.6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Bump

Check out my YouTube Channel! I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

Old 10-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Had the rear bumper replaced, the damage to the tail gate fixed, the dent in the quarter panel fixed, door dings removed, de-badged the front and rear and had it repainted.
Now working on the interior. Door inserts and such.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?