General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
just bought tein street basis $814.10 shipped and i told some of my buddies who are mostly dub kids and all of them are flipping a **** over the price and ive tried explaining that that price is literally the cheapest on the market i could not find anything cheaper and all of them are telling me to go look at raceland and ive said like three times they dont manufacture es1 coils anymore then a kis posted a link tho the honda coils page and siad he was sure crx ep3 ek or eg coils would fit and i just face palmed and said not without extensive mods that i dont trust myself doing lol but yeah coils are on the way!

Just be careful on the install. Check several times to make sure everything is tight and perfectly fit! Congrats on the purchase!
Old 06-05-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TFMEX
go back and get it fixed.... and 157$ is crazy!!! i spent 200 for lifetime...
I'm gonna have my insurance company check it out. If they indeed made it worse, I'm calling BBB on their asses
Old 06-05-2012
CO&CA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
I'm gonna have my insurance company check it out. If they indeed made it worse, I'm calling BBB on their asses
There are a lot of lazy techs. You have to be careful and im sure you know that. Dont be afraid to tell them what you want or if you dont like what they did, you have to drive it. But be nice so they dont cur your brake lines lol
Old 06-05-2012
Registered!!

si985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Today i paited my stock rimss,,,,,,,,it looks way better
Old 06-05-2012

Originally Posted by TFMEX
There are a lot of lazy techs. You have to be careful and im sure you know that. Dont be afraid to tell them what you want or if you dont like what they did, you have to drive it. But be nice so they dont cur your brake lines lol
I already expressed the issue. They offered to fix it, but not for free. That's an instant turnoff.
Old 06-05-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

I already expressed the issue. They offered to fix it, but not for free. That's an instant turnoff.
wow..... im speechless... that place is garbage... my first issue would have been the fact that they gave you a hard time about the "binding". Hope you get your stuff sorted...
Old 06-05-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

nevermind on coils i had an emergency where i needed the 800 so i got my refund so there will be a delay on the coils but now my nrg front strut bar megan rear strut bar skunk2 lca's and tie bar are now all intalled also took a nail out of my tire today and filled the whole -.-
Old 06-05-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Installed the rear speakers yesterday, today i installed the fronts and tweeters
Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed a new Alpine head unit because my stock radio was losing its ability to play my CD's without skipping every time I make a slight turn
Old 06-06-2012

I accidentally put on WAAAAY too much armorall on my tires. I can literally see my reflection on the tires. So to fix it, I put WAAAAY too many effects on this picture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P4270002.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	83477  
Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

thereo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,
Sorry if I am posting this to the wrong area.
I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions with regards to led lights. I recently placed led lights in my 08 Civic. They look awesome except for a couple of problems. The flashers do the quick flash deal, and I was wondering if it would be better to put in a load resistor or a new LED flasher unit. From what I have read, it seems that the new LED flasher unit would be better since you don't need to install the load resistors which can produce a lot of heat and melt plastic.
Also, when I placed the led lights into my brake lights, when you turn on the lights they would not turn on. Original bulbs were 5W and led light was 1W. Would I need to place a resistor in? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pics once it is all done.
One nice thing about the led lights I got is that they have a lifetime warranty.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thereo
load resistor or a new LED flasher unit.
The flasher is built into the MICU, I doubt you are going to successfully do anything with it.

Use the resistor IMO.
Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

thereo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2012
CO&CA

I accidentally put on WAAAAY too much armorall on my tires. I can literally see my reflection on the tires. So to fix it, I put WAAAAY too many effects on this picture
Be careful with armorall products.They dry out rubber and can cause tire cracking as well as interior parts like the dash etc.. I have been a victim myself before. use a tire gel or something else. I use whatever my local detailing shop uses and they guarantee that it will not eat the rubber.
Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Rotated my tires, and cleaned them and my hubcaps up.

Gonna need new tires before winter. I'm just gonna try to convince my parents to buy me rims with summer tires. Then when winter comes, buy snow tires for the steelies.
Old 06-07-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

did my interior with meguiars natural shine detailer. no grease, it just cleans the plastics. if youre worried about cracking, always leave your front windows open a bit on hot days.
Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

getting it ready for the junk yard
Old 06-07-2012
CO&CA

put my 5mm spacers on last night. I didnt think they would make any difference but I was wrong. They filled out the fenders nicely! I dont have the rim / tire setup to go any bigger of a spacer without additional modifications. The 5mm worked perfect!
Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

gamerzfuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Removing all mods and painting my red vents back to black so I can trade the 02 in for an 01. Ready to start fresh with less dents, less scratches, less rice and more VTEC.
Old 06-07-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

did another drain/fill with maxlife atf. surprisingly it still shifts smoothly in the summer at 103k miles. hoping it lasts a few more yrs. also changed ps fluid with honda oem and replaced an old cracked atf cooler line.
Old 06-09-2012
Registered!!

99civic360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Front bumper and smoked headlights on a 99 civic coupe.
Old 06-09-2012
Premium Member

changed ps fluid a few times. its nice and yellow again lol. and charging battery up
Old 06-09-2012
Premium Member

ooh and i waxed today with meguiars quick spray wax.
Old 06-12-2012
Premium Member

cleaned my aem dryflow intake filter. was actually really easy, i just sprayed the cleaning solution and waited a minute, then flush with water inside out and watch all the dirty water flow away. i was pretty surprised how dirty it was after only 6 months and it looked like new with only a few bugs and twigs stuck in the pleats. i put it in front of a fan for couple hrs and then reinstalled. waiting overnight so it can fully dry.
Old 06-12-2012
Registered!!

Aurora132231 is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked the oil level and coolant on a 2006 Civic. Oil was fine, but the coolant reservoir thingie was nearly empty. I went to top it off and saw that the bottle of antifreeze had been leaking all over the garage floor. *shrugs* I used it anyway, finishing what was left, and then spent like an hour cleaning the garage shelves and floor so my cat wouldn't lick it up.

Last edited by Aurora132231; 06-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-12-2012

Dug deep into the darkest, dustiest corner or my wallet look for what little remains I could scrounge up. $10 descended from the heavens and ordered me some code-matched touch up paint from Paintscratch.com.

Fiji Blue never looked so great! I made almost every imperfection on my car disappear, even a large scuff under the front bumper. All that's left to fix is two door dings and a couple spots where the clear-coat is chipped and I'll have my car's dress looking factory fresh again.

By the way, Paintscratch.com is an awesome place for touch up paints. You gotta give them a week or two to mix your paint, but it's a guaranteed perfect match if you give them the correct paint code.
Old 06-12-2012

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

By the way, Paintscratch.com is an awesome place for touch up paints. You gotta give them a week or two to mix your paint, but it's a guaranteed perfect match if you give them the correct paint code.
Ive got the honda magnesium metallic touch up paint and im not too pleased with it...its not glossy so you can still see where the rock chips were. Is paintscratch.com's glossy?
Old 06-12-2012

Originally Posted by rjones7755
Ive got the honda magnesium metallic touch up paint and im not too pleased with it...its not glossy so you can still see where the rock chips were. Is paintscratch.com's glossy?
Hard to say with the silver. Is it simply a gloss paint or does it have metallic specs like the Fiji blue? Mine is plenty glossy, but it requires two thin coats, some rigorous buffing with Meguiar's Scratch-X and and layer of clear coat for the best possible match. I didn't order a bottle of clear coat and mine came out just fine. It's not quite as glossy as the main body, but the painted areas are too small to notice.
Old 06-12-2012
Premium Member

usually gloss is from the clear coat, not paint.
Old 06-13-2012

Yeah i forgot about that...whats the point of buffing if there's no clear coat haha

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?