General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Sold it!
Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a bit of a scare last nite when I saw tons of smoke billowing from under my engine bay. Turns out when I pulled over.that due to bumps in the road one of my fog lights fell out and was melting my fenderliner.
Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

RizeLe is an unknown quantity at this point

cant do anything due to the fact that thursday night an a**hole blew a stop sign and ram into my car.
Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RizeLe
cant do anything due to the fact that thursday night an a**hole blew a stop sign and ram into my car.
Damn how bad is it got.pics?
Old 04-07-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HateOnEveryone
Had a bit of a scare last nite when I saw tons of smoke billowing from under my engine bay. Turns out when I pulled over.that due to bumps in the road one of my fog lights fell out and was melting my fenderliner.
Sounds like a fun repair job lol.
Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

LOL my first set of fogs did that in my em2 also. but it destroyed the backside of the foglight itself too.
Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

Damn how bad is it got.pics?
this is how it looks like now

Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

look on the bright side. now u can take that insurance check and get a fender off ebay and ebay headlights and all that. then put the rest towards a cam.

at least your friend didnt wreck it and the guys insurance is paying for it. lol
im getting paid back...VERY SLOWWWLLLLLYYYYYYY.
Old 04-08-2012
lady outlaw

montecarlogrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

I washed mine.. and now you can easily see all the "spiderweb" scratches in the paint and how badly it needs to be buffed. :/
Now looking for ideas for re-covering my center console lid. The fabric is worn and it looks crappy.
Old 04-08-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Took the baby out to grab beer since it's my birfday

I keep it classy hahaha
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

inifiniteblur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
took her in for an alignment...i hate waiting while my car is at a shop. hopefully they dont call me saying they cant since its "aftermarket"
how come every shop i take my car to has those kinda problems as well.
i was once told that they couldnt figure out how to turn off my car and let it run for 20 mins before the remote start timer turned it off.
anyway...this is what i did yesterday and today. painted window trim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	04072012098.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	83031   Click image for larger version

Name:	04082012099.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	83032   Click image for larger version

Name:	04072012097.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	83033  
Old 04-08-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

happy bday roxie.

i modded my license plate housings to fit the new osram LED w5w bulbs. you need to de pin the spades and snip the top metal prong off otherwise the led heatsink will short out and blow fuse. this is the 6000k which i just got as a test set to take apart. the 4000k version is backordered for another month. i have more pics but these are the important ones. they are really good quality led bulbs, prolly the best you can buy now. check hidplanet.com for the full review and pics.

Name:  osramledriving6000k-1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  24.4 KB

Name:  osramledriving6000k-8.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  22.5 KB

the modded terminals. notice the stock on the left and modded on the right with trimmed spades.

Name:  platemodforled-2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  ledplateosramcomp-1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  33.6 KB
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

ye werd this sucks but coulda been way worse.i once got hit from the side and forced under a parked school bus had to get a new fender bumper hood hindges light brackets head light all aftermarket all the parts cost me less then 400$ hammered out the frame did all the labor myself and at the time i was an auto body painter so i painted it myself. car actuly looked beter then then it ever did so look at the bright side, and rebuild. im sure there were things about ur car u were unhappy with or wish u did differently (atleaste that how it was for me) nd now is ur opertunity to do it.
Old 04-08-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Happened to me as well. The cheap fog light housings are made of plastic and they got stripped and wouldn't hold in the bulb well any more. Fell out after a bump and burned through the bottom of the bumper. Now I have about 70 strips of duct tape holding in each bulb. Not exaggerating... actually 70.
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

ye werd this sucks but coulda been way worse.i once got hit from the side and forced under a parked school bus had to get a new fender bumper hood hindges light brackets head light all aftermarket all the parts cost me less then 400$ hammered out the frame did all the labor myself and at the time i was an auto body painter so i painted it myself. car actuly looked beter then then it ever did so look at the bright side, and rebuild. im sure there were things about ur car u were unhappy with or wish u did differently (atleaste that how it was for me) nd now is ur opertunity to do it.
dam thats way worst then what happen to me but yeah im wanted to do alot of stuff to my car but i didnt want this to happen. but i was able to find everything i want on ebay and its gonna caost me about 600 thats including all the extras i want on the car. i.e fog light, HID, brake, rotor, type R lip f/r. but the problem for me is trying to find a good paint shop down in South jersey that does a good paint job for cheap.
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

DrunkinStuper will become famous soon enough

Drove her down a dirt road!!!
[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1221& transactionid=1333940568-962311367&posted_by=DrunkinStuper_www.civicforums. com&youtube_video_id=R9_oQXfeoDw[/autostream]
Old 04-09-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Happened to me as well. The cheap fog light housings are made of plastic and they got stripped and wouldn't hold in the bulb well any more. Fell out after a bump and burned through the bottom of the bumper. Now I have about 70 strips of duct tape holding in each bulb. Not exaggerating... actually 70.
Are they really that bad?! I'll keep that in mind because I haven't installed mine yet.
Old 04-09-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Roxie
Took the baby out to grab beer since it's my birfday

I keep it classy hahaha
Happy Birthday. Hope it was a good one.
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

dam thats way worst then what happen to me but yeah im wanted to do alot of stuff to my car but i didnt want this to happen. but i was able to find everything i want on ebay and its gonna caost me about 600 thats including all the extras i want on the car. i.e fog light, HID, brake, rotor, type R lip f/r. but the problem for me is trying to find a good paint shop down in South jersey that does a good paint job for cheap.
have you tried using color matched paint from paint scratch or somewhere to paint it? ive heard if you use good primer and take your time it can look just like professionally done. they sell aerosol cans with the paint in it, like spray paint.

Also: lowered the rear about another .5" today. i shouldnt need another alignment should it? it seems to handle about the same since it was just the rear.
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

As an x autobody painter.my best advice is absolutly do not cheap out on thr paint make sure thy prep everything correctly.and use a spray booth and stuff. the last thing u want is to have ur paint flaking away 2 months after u fix it
Old 04-09-2012
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Are they really that bad?! I'll keep that in mind because I haven't installed mine yet.
yeah... the bulbs are made of metal and they will strip off 1 layer of cheap plastic every time you take them out of put them in. I guess it also depends on what brand you bought
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

As an x autobody painter.my best advice is absolutly do not cheap out on thr paint make sure thy prep everything correctly.and use a spray booth and stuff. the last thing u want is to have ur paint flaking away 2 months after u fix it
would you recommend sites like paint scratch or automotive touch up?
Old 04-09-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

That'll buff out.

All joking aside that sucks
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

most of the shops i got in contact is mostly custom or franchise shop that want to charge me about 5000 for a paint job and thats way too much. i was hoping to spend around 1000 since my car is not that big.
Old 04-09-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

detailed with adams detail spray, wolfgang plastic sealer for the lights, and meguiars ultimate quick wax for the paint. that wax is really good if you put it on every few weeks. lots of shine and smooth. easy to put on and remove too just like a detailer spray.
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
would you recommend sites like paint scratch or automotive touch up?
Honestly the only aerosol can thatd every touch any part of my car would be trim black on the trim lol
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

most of the shops i got in contact is mostly custom or franchise shop that want to charge me about 5000 for a paint job and thats way too much. i was hoping to spend around 1000 since my car is not that big.
Na bro thats way to much. Get the parts prep them urself and give them tl a shop to spray them nd then put them on urself. Thats the cheapest way also let them ono ur paying cash cuz there gona try to rob ur insurence company if they think there gona b paying for it
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

Today I replaced both fog lights broke out some touch up for the pin holes and gave her a quick polish
Old 04-09-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Brian1037
yeah... the bulbs are made of metal and they will strip off 1 layer of cheap plastic every time you take them out of put them in. I guess it also depends on what brand you bought
I have Vinjet lamps (from ebay) and luckily haven't been dismantled before. Should I tape up the bulb mounts before installing?
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
I have Vinjet lamps (from ebay) and luckily haven't been dismantled before. Should I tape up the bulb mounts before installing?
Couldnt hurt

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?