General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tattedlariat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

I bought it yesterday. Put new rotors and brakes on it. Well, in the process of it. Girl went to the store so i'm kicking it with the daughter.

I'm gonna put a different radio in it, and i may steal the system out of my truck and throw it in there.

It needs a bath and tires, bad. If my jimmy sells today i'll be getting some rims and tires for her.
Old 04-12-2015
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You going to steal the system out of your truck or the neighbors? In most communities there is a difference.

lol just kidding with ya... lets see some pictures.
Old 04-13-2015
Registered!!

lol definitely my truck! Or i may just go buy a whole new setup. I haven't quite decided yet.

I'm selling my blazer tomorrow so that'll be a deciding factor in what i do.

I did, however, replace the shift boot with a crown royal bag. To anyone who may do it, i suggest the 1 litre bag, the 750mL just isnt quite big enough.

I got a better picture after I realigned the 2 console parts, but it won't upload so whatever.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150413_202911.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	87650  
Old 04-14-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Ahaha fancy! Now you have to keep your pinky out whenever you want to shift!
Old 04-16-2015
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Today I drove the civic for the first time in two years. I spent a good hour or so in it. I have to say I really miss this car. My Cruze has electric power steering that just doesn't have that... genuine feel to it for lack of better words. It's also turbo.. and there is a bit of lag that the civic doesn't have.

Not to mention the sound of the short ram intake absolutely rocks. Considering the car sat for about 2 years. I charged the battery and drove it. Besides a little alignment issue it drove beautifully. Now to decide on if I'm going to keep it or not... I hate decisions and I love this car.
Old 04-16-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Electric to hydro steering? I still pick the manual rack in my 95 miata, Tom!

Glad she run for a while, better than my 01 miata...
Old 04-17-2015
Whachya lookin at?

It ran really good Sandro. Today I took it for a bit of a harder run and even hit 5k RPM. It does have a few small issues.

- The ABS light is on. When I replaced the rear knuckle to 5 lug I ripped out the damn wires out of the ABS connector because it was stuck on there.
- The alignment isn't quite right. It pulls left when I accelerate hard. Not a huge deal, just a slight annoyance.
- This car rattles. The polyurethane motor mount insert sure does make a lot of the vibration.

Otherwise the car is solid. I have a hard decision to make. Either sell it and buy a BRZ or FRS as a fun car or keep it and put a bunch of money into it... WHATTTOODO
Old 04-19-2015
Registered!!

cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point

put on new TypeS Aspec suspension and a mugen CF shift ****

Old 04-30-2015
Registered!!

Took it to get the state inspection, they made me replace a tire. I was hoping they'd let me slide, and of course they didn't. So i've got one, unmatched tire. Woo. Also had em replace the PCV valve in there.

And i ordered a cheap n1 exhaust for it. And stickers. Cause stickers are good.

Had it for 4 weeks tomorrow, still on the same tank of gas. UNREAL.
Old 04-30-2015
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tattedlariat
Had it for 4 weeks tomorrow, still on the same tank of gas. UNREAL.
Yeah, no doubt. I regularly get 650km (400 miles) out of mine which lasts me 3 weeks.

did you get the issues you were having solved?
Old 05-01-2015
Registered!!

markp94 is an unknown quantity at this point

well today i washed my civic, waxed her and checked the oil/transmission color/level. i looked and my transmission fluid color is brown so definitely going to do a drain and fill this weekend. anyone know if it's okay to reuse the drain plug washer for the transmission? its a 2000 automatic btw
Old 05-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markp94
anyone know if it's okay to reuse the drain plug washer for the transmission? its a 2000 automatic btw
I do SOMETIMES if the washer is not already squashed out from repeated tightening.

If there is any question, just get another one. Better safe than sorry.

One kid I know of managed to crack a trans case..... plug washer had been reused too many times and he might have overtightened the plug on top of that. I sure hope SOMEONE learned something from that one.
Old 05-02-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Nice looking EP3 cja3455

Hit 200,000 miles this week. Yay!

Name:  IMG_2438_zps9e473b4e.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  367.1 KB

Also replaced ball joints, tie rod ends and LCA bushings with Energy Suspension ones. Went to get an alignment and was told I need a wheel bearing. I get upset but then I remember it has 200K miles on it. Its going to need parts sometimes.
Old 05-04-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

200k miles! Wow! It's mid-life!
Old 05-06-2015
Registered!!

Washed it yesterday. Rained today. Got my fart can in, it'll be put on tomorrow. For no other reason than my neighbors are *******s.

My IAC will be here tomorrow, so i'll throw that B on there too.
Old 05-07-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tattedlariat
Washed it yesterday. Rained today. Got my fart can in, it'll be put on tomorrow. For no other reason than my neighbors are *******s.

My IAC will be here tomorrow, so i'll throw that B on there too.
LOL which can did you pick?
Old 05-09-2015
Registered!!

MN-02-CivicEx is an unknown quantity at this point

Reinstalled all 4 Spark Plug Ignition Coils before heading for McDs this morning for coffee where i now let my fingers do the talking.

Yesterday, found three Neoprene Insulator Boots to replace the torn, cracked, misshaped Boots. Cleaned surfaces with acetone and bonded all 4 of the new/used Boots to the SP Ignition Coils with a High Temperature Adhesive. Let them sit overnight to setup bond.

Old 05-09-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

Fixed a leak from the vtek solenoid. Hopefully. When I took it off the head the little screen came off with it and the gasket was stuck to the head. I don't know if I knocked it loose taking of the solenoid or if it was faulty when I put it in and didn't realize it. Hoping it's sealed up pretty tight now.
Old 05-14-2015
Registered!!

I just got a cheap n1 can from amazon. But i finally replaced the IAC, seems to run better. I HAVE to get a radio in there though.
Old 05-14-2015
Super Moderator

After getting back from a mandatory company camping trip with my coworkers, I finally got both my headlights working again! My original MotoControl harness for my headlights went bad a few weeks ago, and I was left with only the driver's side. Fortunately, the whole setup was under warranty and the replacement was free. Unfortunately, I had to send proof that I removed the thing and cut the wires.
I took advantage of the trip (had to leave the car behind) so I didn't have to drive around without working lights. TRS sent it hella quick, although that could be because they're only one state over...
Old 05-18-2015
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i drove mine to work today. first time in months!
Old 05-19-2015
Registered!!

Star1967 will become famous soon enough

Drove my Civic go work. i'm a Pizza Hut Delivery Driver.
Old 05-19-2015

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I put gas in it for the first time in a month.

683km = 424.396 miles
40.722l = 10.757 gal
= 39.453 mpg
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mileage.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	87753   Click image for larger version

Name:	receipt.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	87754  
Old 05-20-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stock 99
39.453 mpg
I don't think I have ever seen that!

$42 for fill up is high though!!
Old 05-20-2015

Yeah...Canadians never get any breaks. That's $4.36 a gallon. The trade off for good mileage is driving like a grandma too. For that entire month i only passed 1 car and never drove over 100 km/h (60 mph). It's been ok lately though because they've been speed trapping hardcore the last month. Min ticket here is $167 and it goes as high as jail time and loss of licence.

Last edited by Stock 99; 05-20-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2015
Registered!!

Star1967 will become famous soon enough

Went to work and put $6 worth of gas in her. It's $2.71 for the 92 octane at BP. I don't like using the 87 it's lawn mower gas. Went to the bank. Took her to the car wash and used the $8 wash(The works).
Old 06-05-2015
Super Moderator

Spent the better part of 7 hours working alone on my rear disc conversion. My while learning how to do the install, I also got to learn how to remove a caliper, remove a rotor, and reinstall a lug nut stud. Rust has also been my enemy. On a side note, the emergency eye wash stations work pretty well when you get surprised by brake fluid. Had to leave her in the DIY shop overnight though. Victory will be mine tomorrow. I'm sure I'll make a more detailed post later.
Old 06-06-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Good luck, poppies!
Old 06-06-2015
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
poppies!

I got the job done. Now my car sounds like an airplane over 20mph... I think my rotors need a turning. Ugh.
Old 06-06-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poopies
car sounds like an airplane over 20mph..
Uhhh....Bad wheel bearing(s) will sound like an airplane.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?