General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Would you purchase this home designed sports car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Would you purchase this home designed sports car?

Greetings Civic owners, I have set out to create an exotic looking car using my Nissan as a donor. For the year 2010, I feel new cars, even the Civic with its mass appeal, lack sexy curves that one finds in expensive, unaffordable automobiles.

My kit is obviously a work in progress... and ever changing in design, but I want to know if owners here would consider buying such a sports car with the following kit (currently made out of paper mache ).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLAlWBh2KXA[/YOUTUBE]
http://picasaweb.google.com/VigorousZX/MyCar#

I plan to sell the kits for $3000 and with a solid Nissan 300zx for its base, the cost should be under $10,000.
Old 08-12-2010
Registered!!

hindude will become famous soon enough
Re: Would you purchase this home designed sports car?

personally, i don't like body kits unless they increase aerodynamics. what's wrong with the stock front end on the 300zx? the headlights you have mocked up remind me of the toyota solara. kind of a girlie car. just saying.

hey, that's me though. all that really matters is if you like it.
Old 08-12-2010
Registered!!

The stock end of the 300 is fine looking but I want some thing extraordinary and actually Im changing the headlight design tomorrow... I'll be updating my photo gallery with pictures.

I thought this forum was huge but then I found out the "viewing" are just bots, oh well
Old 08-12-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Nice to see another guy from Van on here.

Personally, I would never even consider buying a radical body kit for my car. I understand the reasoning behind kit cars and how they give an average person the opportunity to own an exotic looking car, but they all inevitably look cheap and ricey.
Old 08-12-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

77,720 members isn't alot ??? and no i wouldn't pay for that thing.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Its not busy as one is lead to believe.

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Nice to see another guy from Van on here.

Personally, I would never even consider buying a radical body kit for my car. I understand the reasoning behind kit cars and how they give an average person the opportunity to own an exotic looking car, but they all inevitably look cheap and ricey.
There is a company called DNA which makes the best Ferrari kits but of course it all depends on how real you want it to look with the accessories... I would guess the one in this video to be in the 50k+ mark but it still beats out paying 200k (not including Ferrari insurance rates and maintenance).
[YOUTUBE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BghVzezQUV8[/YOUTUBE]

One thing about original kit cars is that its not trying to be something else, so there isnt a high expectation to have glossy paint, expensive wheels, or a roaring v12.

I also designed this photoshop from various car features... wouldnt you guys like to see Integra's like this then the bland stock look that we are all so used to.

ps MindBomber, by next month I should have the car completed and parked on Robson street to advertise it... look me up if you'd like to see it in person, I should have a website by then listing when Ill be out in the public.

Last edited by Arashi; 08-13-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

its summertime dude what do you expect . im surprised its as active as it is. and the ferrari is cool except for the fake engine cover thats gay.are you the guys that made that hideous ferrari / 8th generation civic ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-13-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
....are you the guys that made that hideous ferrari / 8th generation civic ???
Was it a photoshop of the two combined.. I would like to see that.
Old 08-13-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I might take you up on the offer to see it in person.

I don't understand why someone would spend 50k and go to all that effort to have a car that they can't really show off. Clearly you want people to think you have a Ferrari, but as soon as they looked at the interior or engine they'd know it wasn't. An NSX turns head almost as well as a Ferrari and you can get a used one for 30k.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

No.

(lengthened to 4 characters)
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

no unfortunately its not a photo shop it real
http://forums.dieselstation.com/inde...howtopic=30571
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

I might take you up on the offer to see it in person.

I don't understand why someone would spend 50k and go to all that effort to have a car that they can't really show off. Clearly you want people to think you have a Ferrari, but as soon as they looked at the interior or engine they'd know it wasn't. An NSX turns head almost as well as a Ferrari and you can get a used one for 30k.
Yup f1 inspired NSX > mr2 with fiberglass shell

I actually saw a Reventon on Robson followed by 4 other Lambo's a couple years ago... knowing the car is rare and it being $1 million, I second thought that it could be a kit car but it looked so real. When I got home I googled it up and it looks like a rich Taiwanese (I think) guy owns a real one and he also lives here, I guess he brings it with him sometimes.
The body on that car is really radical, I think that is the one replica that I would like to have one day... in fact someone in B.C. is making one out of steel.

http://www.automobilly.com/carparazz...ero-basis.html

Heres a kit if anyone wants one, but you would still need a Lamborghini as a donor... a crashed one perhaps. http://www.madmechanics.com/build-di...build-diaries/

no unfortunately its not a photo shop it real
http://forums.dieselstation.com/inde...howtopic=30571
It's just like a Peugeot. The cars way too busy looking, but I dont think the front is that bad... although a standing front view isnt shown.
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...85089.1-lg.jpg

Last edited by Arashi; 08-13-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

hindude will become famous soon enough

I guess the integra looks alright. I never liked the integra front end anyways. I just don't like the light at the bottom of the bumper. the aston grill and the projectors look good. I might consider getting a kit like that just because it's done tastefully and not riced out.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

you just ruined a perfectly good 300zx and why wouldnt you just put a jdm front end on the integra...
Old 08-13-2010
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

that ferrari civic looks like ****. Also why would you make a mock up out of paper mache? Fiberglass would make much more sense.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by hindude
I guess the integra looks alright. I never liked the integra front end anyways. I just don't like the light at the bottom of the bumper. the aston grill and the projectors look good. I might consider getting a kit like that just because it's done tastefully and not riced out.
Once I have money rolling in Im going to see how many people will be interested in that kit and then decide on making it.

Originally Posted by Muirsy
you just ruined a perfectly good 300zx and why wouldnt you just put a jdm front end on the integra...
If you havent noticed, the jdm front looks dam generic... take any regular Joe off the street and offer one of the two designs and I bet the red one would get chosen most often.
Also another advantage my kit would have is the fact that it would use the same headlights, this would cut down on cost and also avoid any DOT regulations.

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR
that ferrari civic looks like ****. Also why would you make a mock up out of paper mache? Fiberglass would make much more sense.
You cant just cut up and perfect designs with fiberglass because the stuff is very toxic on many levels.

Im actually finalizing the car soon as the current design has reached my expectations. Hopefully by next week I can start to glass it over. Here is the final design in its early stages.
More pictures in my album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/VigorousZX/MyCar#
Old 08-13-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I like the shape, how are you keeping the paper mache from falling apart when it rains?
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

I like the shape, how are you keeping the paper mache from falling apart when it rains?
I throw a large tarp over it but unluckily just a few days ago when it rained everything got soaked somehow. I think the trap may of had a few holes and the newspaper soaked all the water into itself like a sponge.

The way I layered out the newspapers over the black, one can distinguish a large black grill. Just this hour I realized the car looks like an Aston One-77

Tonight when I get home, Im going to do some serious photoshop work to see if I should make this lord like grill.

Last edited by Arashi; 08-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

i love aston there designs just keep getting better
Old 08-13-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

IMO Aston Martin builds the most beautiful bodies of any car maker, Jaguar being a close second.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

thats because the guy that designs the aston also does the new jaguars.
Old 08-13-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^I haven't kept up with the new Euro stuff as much as I'd like cause of school, thanks for the info.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Arashi
If you havent noticed, the jdm front looks dam generic... take any regular Joe off the street and offer one of the two designs and I bet the red one would get chosen most often.
Also another advantage my kit would have is the fact that it would use the same headlights, this would cut down on cost and also avoid any DOT regulations.
the jdm front end is pretty popular and looks better then the usdm front end
Old 08-14-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

thats because the guy that designs the aston also does the new jaguars.
That explains why every time I see a Jag, I say to myself "OH! An Ast-- bah.. Jag.. *shakes fist* Tricky bastard.."
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Same guy that designed this black Jag also designed the blue Nissan r390... maybe hes doing the new Jag stuff too.

Originally Posted by Muirsy
the jdm front end is pretty popular and looks better then the usdm front end
Reminds me of the lovely Legend coupe, one of Honda's greater designs.

I made a few photoshops with the Aston bumper in this thread.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/post5744519.html#p5744519
Old 08-15-2010
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

keeping it simple... 'Would I buy that kit?'

Magic 8 Ball says: No.
Old 08-15-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
That explains why every time I see a Jag, I say to myself "OH! An Ast-- bah.. Jag.. *shakes fist* Tricky bastard.."
Lol I do the exact same thing. I see one and I am like oh **** an aston mar.... nevermind its a jaguar damn.
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manahoonie
keeping it simple... 'Would I buy that kit?'

Magic 8 Ball says: No.
I hope your life decisions arent decided by the magic 8 ball... ask it if the One-77 bumper is cool enough please.
Old 08-15-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I let my Magic 8 ball make all my important life decisions;
Should I sleep with my gf's best friend, Magic 8 ball says: outlook not so good.
Should I go to med school, Magic 8 ball says: without a doubt!
Works everytime.

The one-77 bumper is so cool, it makes the rest of the car look like a POS. Epic Fail.
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

I advise against med school, life is too short to fill your head with all those facts... plus after paying off your debt you'll be so unsatisfied with your pay that you'll find your self prescribing unnecessary prozac to patients in return for exotic vacations by the pharmaceutical industry

I find the Aston bumper cool too, Im really considering building it. Now to source out the right rectangular shaped shopping carts :P

Doing market research on Pistonheads.com someone posted this video in reference to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT6hw0LlZrE

Last edited by Arashi; 08-15-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Would you purchase this home designed sports car?