General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Riceboy Is Just A Stage In People's Lives

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
Riceboy Is Just A Stage In People's Lives

We really don't need to tell people that things are rice, because they will eventually grow out of it. I got my civic last year for my 16th birthday. Me being just a regular poor teenager without a job, it's obvious that I went for rice mods. First mod ever was a V-tec Power emblem. I was considering chrome hubcaps but my dad advised me not to. Then I started looking at "Supra Style" spoilers because I had seen a supra with that wing and it looked damn good. When I started getting rims, intake, etc. I ran to get stickers to go with them. You know when you get stuff, if you can't see it you make sure everyone knows you got it? Along the way I also got The powered by Honda shoulder pads and an apexi N1 muffler with the resonator taken off. Well eventually I got a job and actually had money to buy good stuff. Once my car actually started looking good, I realized how stupid all this cheap crap looked, so I took the rice mods off or had it replaced. I'm sticker free, no shoulder pads, rims, and an OEM spoiler (avoided the usual touring wing). The whiny lawnmower N1 was replaced with a quiet Magnaflow catback. Sometime in the last year I just grew out of my "Riceboy stage." So no need to keep making fun of people for rice. I liked it at the time, but eventually they'll figure out on their own how tacky those things are.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazyjetskier is an unknown quantity at this point
very well put, cuz i went trough that stage with my miata
Old 04-15-2002
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light

<< whiny lawnmower >>

Tee hee.

That's just funny.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
looking at the list of you're mods, adding that to your dumba$$ testimonial, and then factoring in what mods most people on this forum count as "rice"......i would say you haven't changed, your rice has just become more expensive...(i just couldn't resist).....seriously though, i wish we could stop putting people down for the things they do to their cars...look what its creating, people doing things iam not sure they want to do, because some idiots made them unsure of what they originally did..(yup, that makes sense)......hey, aznnp77, how do you know that this is how you want to build your car???, you changed your mind before cause now it ain't cool to put stickers on your car, but it was then...you're just following trends so make sure you make a copy of this BS so you can re-post it in a couple of years when your current mods are deemed to be "rice"....
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
hah holly crap 1973 just slammed aznnp77, i think that was a little harsh, i agree with aznnp77 on most of the things he said though but i still like my apexi n1
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

just pray that joeb16 aint on-line......i think my point is valid, this rice thing has to stop, aznnp77, hasn't helped that, all he's done is join the group of a$$holes who laugh at cars with stickers and big spoilers on them....does that make sense, did he forget how good it felt to slap on his aem sticker so the world would know he had an intake, why take that away from people?...whats so wrong with that?....why the f*ck does everyone care so much, or think they know what a car should look like?....
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol joe would of wrote a 12 page essay on how azn is a riceboy and this and that. My feelings: Do what you want, its your car no-one elses.
Old 04-15-2002
All Show No Go Sedan

I didn't say Apexi N1 was bad, but without the resonator is a no no. And what do I have that is ricey to you? Since when is a Magnaflow catback rice? If you're referring to my altezza lights, probably are cuz I don't see anything you could even call ricey unless you think fog lights are ricey? Altezza lights aren't rice, they just are extremely played out. Honda civics are played out, doesn't stop people from getting them. Konig Verdicts are really played out, doesn't stop people from getting those either. Maybe I misrepresented stickers though. In my case, I took them off after I tinted my windows cuz it looked so much better. Before I thought they added style, so who knows if I didn't get my windows tinted they might still be on there.

Oh yea and what is with flaming these days? I didn't single anyone out. Just expressed my opinion about a part of the civic culture.

PS: JoeB can't say anything cuz he'd be a hypocrite. Joe B is always posting about what he feels is rice, but he actually singles cars out.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Grifter is an unknown quantity at this point
1973.... we can criticize... because we've already grown up.. or aquired more sophisticated tastes.. thus we are now uppity an feel better than the majority of peps younger than us. Its the cycle of life deal with it.... it makes kids tougher (kids.. I'm still a kid 21) it also makes them defend their position or rethink how they maybe percived by the rest of the world.... as long as its not to harsh.. flamming ones taste is fun... flame wars are particulary enjoyable for me to read... however ignorance an bigotry annoy me to know end... an that line is all to often crossed... anywaz... learn how to take things in stride an be confident in your own descisions.. that way it wont matter what people think of you.. cause you will be happy
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I also grew out of the riceboi aura
i used to be like oh sweet im gonna go dump a civic engine in a lamborgini diablo[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
no seriously i was thinking like that i was like telling all my friends that i was gonna go buy a civic engine
then find a lamborgini diablo body or a ferrari body and dump the engine in there[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
i was pretty retarded back then
hahaha but then that was when i was like 14
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

what the fu*k does anyone have thats "rice"?.....you think you "grew up" and now you know???......i didn't say anything on your car was rice....i said that there are a lot of people who have called a lot of the parts on your car "rice", and then i went to explain how dumba$$ that was and what a dumb$$ you where for thinking you can justify your new found ricelessness (a new word is born).....there is no such thing as "rice", just too many ignorant people, it seems like you have now joined that club.......enjoy making fun of other peoples rides and make sure you keep those stickers off yours......
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

i really dont think anything is rice like stickers,emblems,spoilers,shoulderpads
all that sh*t is kool
i dont call anything rice

But i know what IS rice
taking a civic engine dumping it into a laborgini diablo[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
To each his own. Not to like something is one thing, but to hate someone and make fun of them because of it, is a completely different thing. The only time to worry about other people's opinions of your style or taste is when you are applying for a job,meeting your girls dad, things like that. Otherwise, who cares what everyone else thinks.
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

&lt;&lt;Mbow&gt;&gt;

couldent of said it better
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

there is such a thing as rice... it is a term used by the majority refering to those who sup up imports in a none clean or resonable manner

just as someone who smokes alot of pot is a pot head... now society has labled him.. jus as many people who smoke pot occasionally can be mislabled as a pot head... however the dif between a ture ricer an a pothead.. is the pot head is to laid back to get angry about being labled as one an accepts the choices he has made in his life.. for better or for worse.. as society percieves him...

1973.. your fighting a winless battle.. I believe rice exsits .. but jus as any name... it gets thrown around at anythign that resembles it.. fustraiting.. yes.... going on a crusade to stop it.. pointless....

society has spoken

so relax.. as far as ignorance... your the only one who dosnt think it exsits.. ponder that if you will
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

don't labels suck.....it amazes me that you would promote them, just because the majority labels something it doesn't make it right, it doesn't even come close to make it valid, all it means is that a lot of people are a$$holes with too much time on their hands, and this sad need to promote idiocy.....thanx MBOW, it's nice to see that at least a few people get it.....
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

I never said I promote it .. jus that I understand society an the way things are.. an I accept it... it is a waste of your time to try an change peoples minds on the subject....

the best way to fight this is with pride inyourslef an your stlye.. if you have that.. it wont matter what people will say.. an once word gets out that the dreaded "ricer" tag dosnt work or offend you anymore.. then after awhile the only people left using it will be rednecks (oh no another stereotype).. in which case we can all sit back an have a good laugh at inbreeding at its best [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

GeNoZiDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Aznpp!! u got 205/45 tires on your car too?!?!
some guy at the rim shop told me i needed 245/45
and i had to change all 4 of my perelli 7000 supersports
i was like wtf?!?! 1000 bucks
LOL i already got workin brand new ones!
nice to know im not alone = )
Old 04-15-2002
Registered!!

crazyjetskier is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG!!! DELETE NOW!!! everyone calm down...... its their car let them do whatever the hell they want to it
Old 04-15-2002
All Show No Go Sedan

Genozide, does your gas mileage suck? I know mine blows like no other. 24 MPG regularly. Purely highway 27 MPG.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

Chlorine is an unknown quantity at this point
Rice? I like mine with black peppered beef or general tso chicken [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
steamed rice under some hot S&S pork