General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

A real car

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
inthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trusted
A real car

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xxqQc3oNs
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0TXLMR...eature=related

Hennessey Venom, a real man's car. Faster, looks better and is about 10x cheaper than the veyron
Old 08-19-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A real car

look at that steering wheel bounce around!

i'd still prefer the Veyron...Dodge just doesn't do it for me..

AWD over RWD!

Last edited by manahoonie; 08-19-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

inthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trustedinthezoneac should not be trusted

Dodge didn't do it for you. Hennessey did.

that steering wheel is the display of raw power. Gotta love it
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
Dodge didn't do it for you. Hennessey did.

that steering wheel is the display of raw power. Gotta love it
Dodge did do it, it's a Viper. Hennessey tried to church it up. Your still spending ungodly amounts of money to park a p.o.s. Dodge in your garage IMO
Old 08-19-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

raw power...but not as much handling...

sorry, i don't love it. i'll stop now, before this turns into an arguement. i didn't know it was ok for you to shoot down the Veyrons, but not ok for me to give my opinion abuot the Venom.
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough

Ewww. A viper...
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

give your opinion about the venom. Nothing wrong with vipers. They're my favorite car and probably the only american car I like besides the Buick GN/GNX and maybe the new camaro.
Old 08-20-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Veyron = raw power plus balance
Henessy Venom = raw power

Not saying the Venom is a POS but the Viper wasn't originally built for over 1000 horsepower, where as the Bugatti was.
Old 08-20-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manahoonie
i'd still prefer the Veyron...Dodge just doesn't do it for me..
uhh....like who wouldnt? hahahah...it IS like 10x (literally) as much $$$
Old 08-21-2008
Registered!!

sk8erelemnts will become famous soon enough

that viper has power but without awd... its just another straight line car.

this hennessy got beat buy an awd porsche with less power... traction>no traction

http://www.youtube.com/v/jGLm7oVukVY&hl=en&fs=1

Last edited by sk8erelemnts; 08-21-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-21-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xxqQc3oNs
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0TXLMR...eature=related

Hennessey Venom, a real man's car. Faster, looks better and is about 10x cheaper than the veyron
your missing the point of the veyron. Its not famous because it has a 1000hp, its famous because the car is fast while luxurious at the same time. If the viper is so much faster but still can't touch the veyron's 254mph.

The reason the viper tops out at 220 is because its not aerodyanmic enough to hit 254. The veyron was engineered from the ground up to hit past 220+, they didn't just bolt a turbo to a big engine and call it a day.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 08-21-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

lol a car specifically designed with 1000hp and 250 mph in mind with every bolt, or a dodge with some turbos slapped on. hmm...
Old 08-21-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
your missing the point of the veyron. Its not famous because it has a 1000hp, its famous because the car is fast while luxurious at the same time. If the viper is so much faster but still can't touch the veyron's 254mph.

The reason the viper tops out at 220 is because its not aerodyanmic enough to hit 254. The veyron was engineered from the ground up to hit past 220+, they didn't just bolt a turbo to a big engine and call it a day.
the hennessey venom 1000tt(based off the older model viper) tops out past 250.

0-60 under 3 seconds, faster top end than the veyron.

Veyron is built with everything in mind. When you buy a viper you get great looks, good power. Viper isn't meant to be a luxury car and whoever said it sucks around turns tell that to Team Oreca. Sure you don't want to have the most HP in a viper at the track, because it's too much to handle, but it's not like a viper is a classic muscle car.
Old 08-22-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

That driver was either amazing or you're full of it.