General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

SO Long Civic

Old 03-03-2008
I need a drop
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
SO Long Civic

well it happened about a month ago, but figured I would share with the Civic community.

Bye Green Machine

Hello Black Beauty

It's the black one, when she was on the lot. Has a spoiler and is the base line model. Couldn't really afford the HEMI or anything.
Old 03-03-2008
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: SO Long Civic

Nice. Purchase or lease?

Those are fun cars.

You should tint the windows dark and get the rims/grille powdercoated black
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow. that is a colossal TANK compared to our dinky civics.... haha
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

rick1574 will become famous soon enough

nice upgrade.
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

skoot is an unknown quantity at this point

grab a Snickers...You'll be in the shop all the time for the tranny
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

The ONLY way I like those cars are if they are blacked out. Black it out. I hate chrome.
Old 03-03-2008
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
Nice. Purchase or lease?

Those are fun cars.

You should tint the windows dark and get the rims/grille powdercoated black
It was a purchase. I am planning on tinting the windows fairly dark. But other than wheels this car will probably be mod free...

Originally Posted by skoot
grab a Snickers...You'll be in the shop all the time for the tranny
Lifetime powertrain ftw.
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

j.steimer04 will become famous soon enough

Wow, thats alot better than the Civic! Nice choice.
Old 03-03-2008

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thefever
It was a purchase. I am planning on tinting the windows fairly dark. But other than wheels this car will probably be mod free...
What wheels are you planning on?

And trust me - blacked out grille would be hot!
Old 03-03-2008
I need a drop

Probably black wheels with a chrome lip. Of some sort. Staggered 22x9.5 fronts and 22x10.5 rears.

I work for a wheel and tire store and I still haven't found a solid set of wheels that I like. I was kinda even thinking about doing black chrome or "Hyper chrome"
Old 03-03-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i dont like domestics, but if you do thats all that matters. congrats
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

dodge is the only domestics i really like. I like there diesel trucks just because it can make gobs of torque and I like their old muscle cars. Most there newer cars I don't like but I do have to say that the new challengers look absolutely gorgeous. I saw a blacked out charger the other day that looked really good too. One of my friends bought a brand new 2005 Neon sxt and it is a POS. the interior is crap and the tranny clunks horribly after only 24,000 miles. To the OP just keep it looking nice and I hope you like it.
Old 03-03-2008
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!! If you're happy so am I

Try to pay the car off before ever trading it in.
Old 03-03-2008

Although chrome really isn't my thing, these cars just beg for it.

These TIS 01s would look good.

Old 03-04-2008
Registered!!

BoneStOck_176 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you have ur mind set on chrome rims u have to get the chtomed b-pillars and mirrors so it can b really flashy looks really nice tho ! Enjoy
Old 03-04-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

congrats. black out!
Old 03-07-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

Originally Posted by thefever
It's the black one, when she was on the lot.
thank you for clarifying that it was the car in the focal point of the picture, which is 60% of the entire frame, with the words above the picture being "hello black beauty". it irked me so i had to comment. congrats on a new ride.
Old 03-08-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rick1574
nice upgrade.
hmmm dont know if thats an upgrade. sorry to disagree w/ ya
Old 03-08-2008

Originally Posted by Civic_Racer9
The simple fact that it's RWD makes it an upgrade.
Old 03-08-2008
I need a drop

the simple fact that it's a v6 is an upgrade.
Old 03-08-2008
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Nice choice man. My friend just bought a Magnum SXT. Although he wanted a Charger.
Old 03-08-2008
Registered!!

Why do people post sh*t like this when somebody trades in their car?
Old 03-08-2008
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

no hemi=no care.

btw ugly *** grill.

You know what? This will decimate all... after we put about fifteen grand or more under the hood. If we have to, overnight some parts from Japan.

usually like them. not feeling this one. and its not because of our past differences. i genuinely don't like it.
Old 03-08-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i don't like the grille...shoulda bit the bullet and got the R/T at least. i think the novelty will wear off in a few months. if it's to be your daily though, you'll be fine. if you're gonna get chrome though, then go all out. otherwise it looks half-assed on those cars for some reason. black on black is just killer though, those cars do stealth really well. my boy has a silver R/T with all the old style decals and stripes on black deuces....thing is sweet. grey leather and he got the silver/gray carbon fiber dash kit to go with it. really nice ride. nice whip

i hope you enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited by tuningmycivic; 03-08-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: added link
Old 03-08-2008
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

i agree.
and black on black ftw.

and i didnt ban you. admin did for racial ****.s
Old 03-08-2008
Registered!!

^^You guys suck. R/T or not who cares? If it don't gotta Hemi and since you don't care why even post in here? You think the novelty will wear off in a few months? I think you sound like a a**hole.

I hope you enjoy it for what it is? What is that supposed to mean really?

So what bothers people like you more.. Trading in a Honda Civic or buying a Dodge Charger? Something got you guys salty. Let the guy enjoy his car don't rain on his thread.

-Chris
Old 03-08-2008
Registered!!

2k1_Toaster will become famous soon enough

Import >>> Domestic...
Old 03-09-2008

Man, a bunch of dudes driving no-hp econoboxes and a few piece of **** older Hondas giving a dude crap because he bought a car with a proper power delivery system (read: RWD) because he couldn't afford the Hemi. I refuse to use the word "haters" so I'll just say that some of you are *********.

Don't worry. One day, many of you will trade in your econo-box, inline 4, 130bhp starter cars for vehicles higher up the food chain and will start to lose your inane prejudices.

Er... what am I talking about? Econo-boxes with no hp and no torque are awesome. They're >>>>>> everything!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2008
Registered!!

2k1_Toaster will become famous soon enough

Im not saying the civic is the top of the line, but a civic is better than a brand new us domestic anything even if the civic is a hundred years old.

There are definately upgrades, but this isnt one of them.
Old 03-09-2008

Originally Posted by 2k1_Toaster
Im not saying the civic is the top of the line, but a civic is better than a brand new us domestic anything even if the civic is a hundred years old.

There are definately upgrades, but this isnt one of them.
A 100yr old is Civic is better than any brand new domestic? People like you are half the reason I sold my Honda and will never buy another.

Here are a few American rides that are leaps and bounds better than any counterpart Honda has ever produced. You can say you disagree with me, but I warn you - you'll be wrong.

So, with your mentality, if one of the aforementioned cars was to pull up next to you at a stop light and offer to trade rides on the spot, you'd turn them down? What would you say? "No"? "**** you"? "I'm perfectly happen with my 7 year old 99whp Honda"?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SO Long Civic