General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

got screwed by honda dealer..no more new Si

Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
got screwed by honda dealer..no more new Si

As many of you might know i placed an order at my honda dealer for a '02 White Si my dealer gave ma the Vin # last week and told me it would come in in a week or so..i called the dealership yesterday checkin if my car came in yet then teh grl on the phone told me they juist sold a white one yesterday..i was so FVCKING pissed i went over to the dealer and demanded an explanation. the manager told me 3 weeks ago tha i "was the first one to place anorder on a white Si , u will get the first one that comes in" now he is tellin me that he sold it to a cash customer..which paid a deposit earlier than me..i asked to see the paper work on the date that guy came in and he told me they "lost" it..i started to curse the $hit out of the manager...he told me to calm down and wait another 3-4 weeks until the next white one comes in...my dad told me to send thema letter from a lawyer to scare them but i have no choice now but wait till the next one comes in..

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] sales_slip.jpg (40 Kb)
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

oatmeal is an unknown quantity at this point
to bad you don't live near me....in rhode island.....they five of them 3 white one and 2 black one.....the sticker price is 19000 but you can get it for like 180000......sorry to hear about your mess up dealer ...i swear man dealer are out to kill
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

pounds is an unknown quantity at this point
that is pretty sh1tty...sucks tho since you cant do anything about it!!

dumb @ss dealer!!
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

fourkilos is an unknown quantity at this point
aren't there other dealerships around u?? screw them go find a different dealership!
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

this is the largest one around my area...the other ones are only gettin one car and most of them are either black or silver..i want a white one....
damn and i even paid my credit card bill for the $500 deposit...i told them to give me a refund if they dun get the car in 3 weeks...i'll just save up a little more money and get a WRX...
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

ThUgGiNAzN is an unknown quantity at this point
dass sum bullshyt i hate dealerships they are skanks
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
dude my dealer can get me a white one in 36-48 hrs. What the hell is your dealer doing that would take so long? Go to a different dealer and get them to order it for you - and walk back into that one tell them fvck you and get your money back.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

i check most of the dealres aroudn my area..they all takin this long..i dunno y...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
maybe i'll buy off you Si neo...
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah only one dealer in my area has one- in gold. I expected to puke when I saw it, but it looks much better in person. Only problem is they want $24K for it nd there's no way I'm gonna pay that much for a civic.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
heh its already modified for your driving pleasure.. you can always get it painted championship white (type r color)...price is negotiable, just need enough to pay off my loan and put a down payment on my WRX..

Click here for marketplace thread
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Man that sucks so much, I am pissed for you. I would have snaped and just about took someone out if that was me. But man, how come they cant get one in from another dealer for you. When I went to get my 01 SI they had to ship it in from like 500 km's away for me cause they didnt have any and I didnt want to wait another month for a shipment to come in.

But this sucks so bad. Keep us posted

Crashoveride
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
number one, they DID NOT lose the paperwork, that was a flat out lie, they said that because they knew they were wrong. definitely call a lawyer, you put a deposit on that car, and signed a contract to buy it, so they were not legally allowed to sell it to anyone but you unless you backed out, they may be forced to get it back and sell it to you, or you might be able to sue the, and you should if you can, get everything you can out of those a$$holes. that was no mistake, the cash customer probably paid more than you were going to so they sold it to him instead, which has to be illegal since you put a deposit on that specific car with the vin number they gave you, so they already sold it to you
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

that wuts my dad said...but i dun want to go through the whole process which will probably take forever...i'm just hopin they give me a better deal when the car comes in or else....i'll need to go kung-fu on their @ss..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
threaten them with the lawsuit if they dont give you the next one at exactly what they paid for it, no profit whatsoever for them
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Yeah sue them for an Si plus legal fess. Nothing better than a free car[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

hmm..u guys really think i should go find a laywer or at least talk to some1 with legal experience? let me look into this...and one more thing the 2k1 i am tradin in is gettin some extra milage now they better not lower the price they first offered me for that car...damn i'm so pissed...
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

yeah you should at least threaten them with it. First I think you should ask around at other dealers and see if they can get one in sooner though.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh man that sucks. This is what happens when a car is in high demand. I swear these damn dealers are never any good. I hate them all!
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
Ricerocket...I'm in Nassau County and I've heard of Paragon Honda. They do engage in some shady business practices from what I've heard. If you have any specific legal questions, I can try and answer them to the best of my ability (I'm not a lawyer, just a cop ). Have you tried some of the larger dealerships on Long Island such as Honda City on Hempstead Tpke in Levittown? They seem to always have a large inventory of vehicles...
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

thax qcsilver..i have class now so i'll get back to youguys later 2nite...
Old 04-02-2002
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
file a lawsuit against that dealer for scamming. they're scamming the customer to put down deposits and selll cars to first person to buy it with cash. demand damages and hopefully u will get the car for free......... and contact the better business bureau ... and widthdraw ur deposit and tel them that they lost a customer. i surely wouldn't want to wait another 3 weeks....

just sue the **** out of them. that will bring their rating down and ahm will be mad at them. that is not how they are suppose to do business. and they can't have 2 people down on 1 car if they gave u the vin #. that is just utterly bs.

edit starts here:

dude. don't go to another dealership and get the car. sue the a$$ out of them. u deserve to have a brand new 0 mileage car. and i think u deserve a free car... they can't just do that to you and sell u the car at rigged up price. screw the deal of -$1000 off the car if they plan to take it back from the other owner.(if they ever do that. they will be sued by that owner too, i doubt they want to do that)

ur best bet is sue them and get a free car.. i would if i was u, man ur lucky to have a dealer screw u like that..
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Ricerocket, I thought of a few things:
1.) *IF* you placed a deposit on that specific vehicle, that is considered placing an "option" on a contract. An option is the legal word for a
hold on a contract. The sales document bearing the specific vehicle identification number, a price, your signature and a representative of
the dealership's signature created a contract. If the deposit is acknowledged in writing on the contract (as it should be), then the
option is evidenced by a writing. The dealership was obligated to sell you that particular vehicle with that particular VIN number. Now that
the vehicle has been sold, that particular contract (sales slip) is legally NULL and VOID. The contract was breached by the dealership.
2.) While the contract was breached by the dealership, you are not really entitled to anything unless you can show serious hardship as a
result of not being sold that particular car. So, I WOULD do this, which would certainly get some attention:
a.) Notify the dealer (the sales manager) by telephone and in writing that you have contacted an attorney and that he is looking
into action for breach of contract. While you are probably not entitled to anything, saying this would probably scare the manager.
Follow your phone call with a formal, typed letter addressed to the dealership sales manager. Whether or not you actually hire
the attorney is up to you, but I don't think you need one for this. Also let them know about Steps B, C, and D below.
b.) Write a letter to Honda Corporate Headquarters describing the unprofessional conduct of the dealership. Make a "CC" (carbon
copy) of the letter you sent to Paragon Honda and attach it to this letter.
c.) Contact the New York State Attorney General's office. They DO look into these kind of complaints. Be sure to write a separate
letter, and include copies of the sales slip and copies of the two letters from Part A and B above.
d.) Contact the New York State Better Business Bureau (BBB) and file a written complaint. This can be done online by finding the
NYS BBB's website. This complaint will go in a permanent file against the dealership, be a public record, and certainly will not serve
to help their business.
e.) Do not give the dealership your business when other vehicles come in. They did you no favors, you owe them nothing. Do not
humor them. If they try and give you a great price, get it in writing, say "see ya" and take it to another dealership and request that
they match it. They will.
3.) Be sure to get your deposit back if you did give one. They are required to return it as the contract is void, and more specificially, in
accordance with New York State law.

This can all serve to create a headache for the dealership, and I strongly suggest you do everything above. Let me know if you need any assistance with any of these steps.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

they just gave me the vin # over the phone it wasn't written the deposit slip...do i still have something against them? cause right now i am really lookin into findin a lawyer at least send them a letter from the lawyer to scare the $hit out of them...
QCsilver thanx for the advice..my dad kinda told me to do the same thing...if they can do this to me they can do this 2anyone...alright let me make some phone calls and type up a few letters..thanx for the help everybody
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

newkid is an unknown quantity at this point
definitely write the letters...ur hard work will be compensated for in a timely fashion...

i've had dealings with compaq before when i was 15 and i got myself a free pc and monitor for my work
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

but since the new Si's are kinda rare you guys think they will give me one for FREE?
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
FREE? Not a chance. I think what they mean was dealer cost. The dealer sells it to you for what the paid for the car. But also keep in mind they get roughly $600 dealer cash on each car they buy from Honda. That money is used for upkeep on the car while it sits on the lot before it sold. Car wash, gas for test drives etc.. So even if the sell it to you for invoice, they didn't have to touch that $600 of dealer cash, so I would shoot for a little bit below invoice or threaten to file a civil suit. You don't really need a lawyer. Just tell the dealer you sold your car with the agreement that you will have a new one in a few weeks and then they sold the car that you have. I'm not sure about NY law, but in Florida when he called you and told you your VIN number that would be considered a verbal contract and does carry significant weight in the courtroom. Hopefully you still have taht VIN number and you can use it in your defense. Bascially, tell the dealer you want the next one at $250 below invoice, or you will see them in court plus letters to the BBB, Honda America, and other formal complaints.
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

Yeah, no way will it be free. Kevin is right about the verbal contract...if you have your own records of being given a VIN number, that can also be deemed a verbal contract. As I said, though, just for the principle of the matter, I would not give that dealership my business.
Old 04-02-2002
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
doesn't matter if the si is rare or not. demand that u get the car under invoice at least 4grand less than invoice. or file lawsuit. they don't want to go through all the lawsuit thing because it will ruin their rep. they might as well pay for their stupidity. and about the vin number. once u got a hold of a vin from them before the car arrives, that is a verbal contract... if u dun want to file lawsuit. demand u want the si for $10000 in your white color. and u can use the rest of the cash for mod!!!!!!!!!!!

ur one lucky baastard
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicballer is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry bro
Old 04-02-2002
Registered!!

newkid is an unknown quantity at this point
im not saying u'll get it for free...but if ur case is legit...then compensation is definitely in order...

cuz basically they gave away YOUR car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got screwed by honda dealer..no more new Si