General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

check out what came into my work today!!! Shelby Cobra GT500

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
check out what came into my work today!!! Shelby Cobra GT500

sorry about the pics, i didnt have the angles to take good pics, but its what i got regardless, sweet car, wish i could have driven it, 500hp @25psi, 5.4V8, goin back to shelby for the super snake package($30,000) for rwhp750hp

Last edited by greeen01civic4d; 09-11-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: check out what came into my work today!!! Shelby Cobra GT500

nice........love it.....so u work for like a mech place? or a dealership?
Old 09-11-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

ford lincoln mercury mazda dealership
Old 09-11-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rick1574 will become famous soon enough

i rode in one of those over the summer. they don't look like much, but god DAMN the are fast. guy through me back in my seat and he didn't even have to floor it.

i'm not a fan of mustangs but that is one NICE car.
Old 09-11-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

even though it is a mustang, those cars are awesome. i wish that i could afford one, but college expenses wont let me....
Old 09-11-2007
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about

my opinion it looks ugly, and correct me if im wrong is the cobra the one they ****ed people over advertising 500 hp but actually made less when people went to the dyno,

03, 04 cobra for the win baby, check ou the vid
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAb...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WB0cuYujW...elated&search=
Old 09-11-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

hmm ... looks like regular mustang GT to me ... other than the block ofcourse ... Would look way better with a sick body kit on like the one in the Transformers Cop Car ... That would make this car stand out from the other mustangs u know ...
Old 09-11-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

WAIT A MINUTE !!!!

$30,000 For that ****ing Snake package which gives what ? 250HP more ?? I would ****ing add a K20 (with minor mods) and place it on the rear seats and get those additional 250hp to the front wheels ... Now that would be a AWD MUSTANG
Old 09-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ you cant just add a k20 to a car like an extra plastic brick to your lego people house.
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

ok well i own a mustang n b4 i bouht my Si, i wa planning on getting a GT, so as a huge mustang fan i know a lot about these cars, the cobra has 500 hp at the motor not at the wheels, so not really false advertisement there, as for transformers, that mustang was a Saleen, which basically is a few extra horses than a GT, but its main feature is a body kit, which is all it is, the GT500, has 500 horses and is great for drag racing, that person is getting it sent in to be a GT500KR (King of the Road) which basically has the add ons mentioned above, my personal favorite however, is the Roush Stage 3, not quite as many horses as a GT500, but it has about 430 i wanna say? but unlike the GT500, they did a major rehaul on the suspension, which makes it a better road course car, also, they added a bad *** body kit along with custom exhaust and a Roushcharger (Roush brand supercharger) and honestly with a few new pulleys and other minor mods, will actually get u the same hp as a GT500, so while the GT500KR brags the most horses out of a production Mustang, the Roush is probably the BEST production Mustang, sorry for the long post, but my mustang was my first car so i have a passion for them, its my weakness
Old 09-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

too bad that thing is a pile of ****.

z06 for the win,

and that came from the mouth of a mustang fan too....
Old 09-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Buddy of mine has a Roush (Stage 1, suspension upgrade only I think). Love the color, body kit and the side pipes. Sweet looking car. But I'll never get rid of my Civic.
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

while this is a sweet car, it is just a mustang, and the gt500's are built from the ground up by Carrol Shelby, these are not just "souped" up stangs, they are ground up street monsters, hand built, and this one didnt have the appearance package because its going back to shelby in a week to get the super snake package, body kit, lower suspension, bigger blower, more hp, its gonna b badass, the guy that bought this car also has a Ford GT, this guy doesnt **** around with slow cars, but i agree, ill never stray from honda
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

On the Gt shelbys we have done about 15 of them from all over the eastcoast, we have them putting down 520whp in about 4hrs of work. Stock whp is 418.
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

O ye and the new Z06 we have them at 518 whp, and factory is 415
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TRIZ
^ you cant just add a k20 to a car like an extra plastic brick to your lego people house.
lmao! that's sig material.
Old 09-12-2007
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

thats tyte...i got to drive jerry bruckheimer's GT500 Eleanor from gone in 60 seconds a few months back
Old 09-12-2007
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about

cool
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Check that ride height......wonder how she handles.....Yeah it's cool if you can go fast in a straight line but to handle is a different story. I love my coilovers Plus it's a ford! Yuke, I'd rather drive a volkswagon!
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

hey now, considering i still drive a Ford, i take ofense to that, they drive beautifully, and honestly, if it werent for the shitty clutch and grearbox, id probably be waiting on my Mustang GT instead of my Civic Si, granted i think the Si is a much better car, but that car has a charm with its brute power
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by TRIZ

lol ... it was meant to be a joke . not that someone wud actually try it ... But $30k's for a package !!! ??? and that also to throw on a FORD !!! Common man !!! Thats way too much !!!
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

Well if you think about it... Most people that would own a Ford like that, are most likely old Rich guys that collects cars.
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

yea, its a ford.... its still a car thats been around for what, like 40+ years, its a staple in the american car industry and i hope it never leaves, yea, i hate ford, and yes, i work for ford, but i hate em nonetheless, but this is a FINE piece of automotive craftsmanship, hand built, blown @25 psi, and it hauls ***, mainly, its a SHELBY!!! says enough in my book, the man is a genius, enough ranting, some will hate, some will smile, i just wanted to share some pics i took, and suspension was a full coilover system, its pretty badass, and handles well from what ive been told, not to mention, it will stand still and liquify the tires..... pretty cool
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by Mralbino
Well if you think about it... Most people that would own a Ford like that, are most likely old Rich guys that collects cars.

haha ur right man .. like my uncles ****ing 68 year old neighbour who has 06 vette ... and I have never seen the guy drive on the speed limit....
Now wait .. dont get me wrong ... He drives 5mph UNDER the speed limit !

Really pisses me off when u see these people on the highways with all these high class cars driving them like a Corolla
Old 09-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

And who cares that the cobra makes a couple extra horsepower. The Z06 owns it in every single category. 0-60, the Z06 does it a full 1.1 seconds quicker. 0-100, the Z06 is a full 3.4 seconds quicker. 0-150 the Z06 does it in 17.5 seconds and the cobra doesnt even get there. The 1/4 mile, the cobra does 13.4 at 108 mph, while the Z06 does it in 11.7 at 125 mph. Braking from 70-0 the Z06 stops 21 feet sooner. The Cobra may have a few more ponies, but the Z06 just walks ALL over it. Not including that it is a WAAY sexier car than the cobra hands down.
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

We have a procharged Z06 that put down 722whp
Old 09-12-2007
Registered!!

well one the vette is one piece of carbon fiber which makes it WAAAAAY lighter, but also more expensive if u get in a fender bender, not to mention ur getting around the same hp for about $20k less, an with a few mods you can beat a vette, not to mention the mustang is meant to be an affordable true sports car not a car u spend ur whole life saving up for so that u can drive it 20 on a 35
Old 09-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

well saying you can fix up a mustang to beat a vette is like saying you can fix up our civics to beat a mustang. Sure, it can be done, but the same can be done to the other car as well. I mean that mustang you just fixed up to beat the vette, well that vette can still be built to outperform that mustang. It all depends on how deep your pockets go. And saying that youre getting the same hp for 20k less, still doesnt matter since the Z06 still WAAY outperforms the mustang. And the z06 is not one piece carbon fiber. Yes, it has cf fenders, wheel housings and floor boards, but thats it. Also, the STICKER price may be around 20k less, but after the REDICULOUS markups on them, there is nowhere close to a 20k difference.
Old 09-12-2007
Banned

theres always one hater in every group^^^ hahah j/k spoon, everyone has their own opinions, i just figured thats not something u see everyday, like a corvette for example, which are a dime a dozen
Old 09-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Nah...im not hating...just stating the facts. haha. Corvettes are a dime a dozen, but mustangs are EVEYWHERE! haha. But were talking cobra and z06, which you dont see that often.

Quick Reply: check out what came into my work today!!! Shelby Cobra GT500