General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

i think im !@#$ed

Old 08-22-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
Re: i think im ****ed

well the shop just called and said the car will crank up, idel and the cel light and batterie light flash on and off for a min. then the cel light becomes solid and the tach dies but the car runs normal.

ok WTF? should i drive it?

i asked him to hook a OBD2 reader up to it and tell me the codes but he said a Tech would have to do it and he is busy on someone elses car.
Old 08-22-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

Lame *** tec I too am curious what codes you are throughing
Old 08-23-2007
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

well i crunk it up and the idel jumped from about 200rpm to 1200 rpm three or four times and then the engine light comes on and it dies. i hooked a OBD@ scanner up to it and it kept saying it could not read the codes.

today i am going to get them to just put it on there machine and see if they can figure out what the hell is wrong with it. this afternoon we are going to tow it to the house and let it sit until i can figure out what to do with it.
Old 08-23-2007
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
well it would run for literrally 10-15 seconds just fine and then start backfiring and trying to kill itself.
i want to pull it out and look at it but i am not with the car. isn't it behind the glove box?
Yes it is pop those two clips on each side off flip down the box and bam its right there
Old 08-23-2007
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice

You ECU is gone. I know, me and another member had the same problem. The tensioner bolt broke, alt grounded and sent a surge back to the ECU. The ECU won't communicate with anything because the ECU is done. This happened to me so I changed the alternator,bolt belts.. it still ran like that. I took it to Honda, they reflashed another ecu and it worked. At the time I was turbo w/ emanage. Emanage worked after but if they are going to work on it, tell them to unplug or else they will harp on that causing problems.

You will need a new alt anyway soo.. get a new one, install it and try it out. I can gurantee you that wont fix the whole problem so i'd start looking for another ecu.
Old 08-23-2007
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice

Link to MY thread on this problem
Old 08-23-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold

^ great info, +1
Old 08-23-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

awesome, good to see people helping each other out on here more often!
Old 08-23-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

wow that sucks.... diy that bitch save some $$$ and make a thread
Old 08-23-2007
Premium Member

Originally Posted by CivicHatch9one
wow that sucks.... diy that bitch save some $$$ and make a thread
not gonna happen. the new ecu needs to be flashed to his key. You could take pictures of the tech or service manager holding the programmer thing.
Old 08-23-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

lol that sucks. with nissan u can program your own key...
Old 08-23-2007
Premium Member

Thank You I Will Try That!!!!

Cant +1 Right Now, It Says I Must Speard Some Rep!
Old 08-24-2007
Premium Member

OK WTB 02 civic ex ecu part # 37820-PLR-A12 !!!!
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be worth looking into an rsx ecu with kpro too? I'm sure money is the main set back right now though but just throwing that out there.
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

damn u did get ****ed ...hope things works out
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

M_Mullins will become famous soon enough
Re: i think im !@#$ed

Ah thats crap! Sorry for your troubles mate!
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i'd check the alt or battery fuse under the hood, i hated replaceing them a couple times... but if you blew that fuse the car wouldve been dead after turning off... so
Old 09-06-2007
Premium Member

It was the ECU, i already replaced it and the car finally runs again
Old 09-06-2007
Premium Member

good job! how much it run you?
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

thanksfully! youll be there at nopi then..right???
Old 09-07-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

wtf josh...first damn thieves steal your emanage, then you move, now this...you better make it to NOPI. I'll have to give you a holla when i get back next month man. i didn't know you lived so close. you're literally 10 mins from my folks house off Riverside....

Search this Thread