General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What do you think of the '08 Lancer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Question What do you think of the '08 Lancer?

The new Lancer's release was kind of under the radar, I was kind of confused with the whole Prototype-X thing, and whether or not that was just a concept or the actual production car. Well the new Lancer looks the same as the concept, and to me it looks pretty decent, much better than the previous crap-box style. I was looking at the GT-S model but at $19K+ it leaves much to be desired. Only 152HP , 18" Factory wheels? A little overkill. And only a 5 speed MT . It does have option of the Rockford Fosgate sound package (mediocre) and the CVT with paddle shifters , but for $2K more you could pony up and get the Si Sedan .

So in essence I was a little excited about seeing the new Lancer, but that infatuation only lasted about half of a day when I realized the Si Sedan is a better buy.

Last edited by Taffy; 04-04-2007 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-04-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you think of the '08 Lancer?

i liked it at first, but now it just looks fugly. i'd definitely go for the si. it's a better deal, as mentioned, and mitsubishi isn't the greatest regarding reliability
Old 04-04-2007
Type-Race
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

Def better than the previous gen. 10X more aggeresive. As far as the new Evo vs Sti battle. The EvoX blows the new Sti outta the water as far as asthetics are concerned.
Old 04-04-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I thought mitsu was going to go outta business... blah blah, their cars kinda suck. If they are anything like the 07 on the inside, they are crap. My 01 interior is 5x better then their ****, I felt like it wasnt fully developed, but it was... weak sauce.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

waddle313 is an unknown quantity at this point

they finally went to timing chains for 08 that is eaiser in the consumers pocket. don't have to hassle w/ timeing belts anymore. base lancers always suck. evo is where its at. mitsu's are good w/ turbo they have been in the turbo game for a long time. maybe i just like mitsu. i own a mitsu and a honda. they are both great cars. though mitsu has about hundred thousand more miles!! and still pullin strong!
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough

dude the 08 looks ****
a lot better than the new gen imprezza imo
Old 04-04-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

ehh.... i was a fan of the old box style, but then again, im not a fan of mitsu so it all kinda evens out to me not caring lol
Old 04-04-2007
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of

looks better when I chop it:

Old 04-04-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough

i kinda like the new gen lancer....i cant wait till the new evo comes out....i wanna get my hands on one when I get out of college...
Old 04-04-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

I hate it.. the front looks silly and the sides look like a mazda
Old 04-04-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

looks like ****
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

SpeedFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

the Lancer Speed 8 lol
Old 04-04-2007
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice

looks like a galant to me
Old 04-04-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, there's another convertible version in the works, too:

Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about

my buddy has a lancer and it's a piece of ****. struts are gone, had to replace front axle and its only 2 yrs old.

so ya..lancers suck.
Old 04-04-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

look ok. alot better than the previous ones.
Old 04-05-2007

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

The worst thing about base Lancers is that every modified Lancer automatically looks like a wanna-be Evo.
Old 04-05-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

pshhhh..weaksauce

But the good thing is that it'll be out in Canada...finally......eh
Old 04-06-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Meh... Don't really care for them too much. The WRX is much better looking.
Old 04-06-2007
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

bLeh ... it looks fugly
Old 04-06-2007
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point

Punkin Civic, i hope your not serious, cause that chop did nothing to help the evo look better.
Old 04-06-2007
Registered!!

fixy is an unknown quantity at this point

I drove one a few weeks ago. nice car to drive. It has a very solid feel and steering is responsive, ride is firm and had good road feel. I will admit that the CVT tranny is kinda weird. step on the gas and the engine revs to a point and just stays there. the car keeps pulling and gaining speed and the tranny does the rest. the traction control makes it boring, no wheel spin at all, even on wet pavement. I would definatly consider buying one as long at it's a GTS with a stick shift.
Old 04-06-2007
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point

i took a **** a few days ago that looked better, fugly *** car
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it looks alright, think it looks so much better than the last gen of lancers. I would never get a lancer though, gotta go with evo, and it will look even better, just like how the evo always does.

I think this new lancer looks much better than the 8th gen civics (all of them, 2 & 4 door, si and normal ones). Probably wont run as long as a honda, but looks much better.

I think honda has gone down the *******, the new civics are ugly, the accords too, and the new crv is the most hideous thing I have seen since the pontiac aztec. I love my 7thgen, but I would say exterior wise the old 6thgen was better looking. However Interior seems miles ahead of the older civics. Honda has some major catching up to do.

I think this generation of Lancers/evos will blow away the new design of Subbys. The new WRX makes me want to cry and/or vomit. Well enough ranting I guess.
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

noyesmaybeok is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been test driving cars all week and the 08 lancer was one of them, I thought the car was nice at first but the navi is a cheap mickey mouse display and the pedal shifters are a joke, if you forget to downshift say your stopping or something the computer takes over and theres no clutch, so you can also use the shifter to change gears but only push up or down and release so its not like a real stick more of a wanna be car, the sub is not worth the $1500 that it lists for. so I think I'm about to get the 07 si I liked the car a lot better and seems like honda has a better track record.
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road

i saw a red one RIGHT next to me the other day...the front is aight, but omg the back looks ugly. wanna be is 300 but the light kinda tilted upward.
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

the only lancer worth getting other then the evo would be the ralliart. I believe the ralliart is suppose to be a turbo with awd around 230-250hp to compete against the wrx. I'm sure it wont have all the differentials and yawn control crap the evo will have though.
Old 05-13-2007

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
the only lancer worth getting other then the evo would be the ralliart. I believe the ralliart is suppose to be a turbo with awd around 230-250hp to compete against the wrx. I'm sure it wont have all the differentials and yawn control crap the evo will have though.
Of course it won't, for the same reason Porsche refuses to put a locking rear differential on a Cayman S. They can't have a cheaper car lapping faster than it's more expensive big brother.
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

bboyelf18 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys actually i test drove the 08' lancer and its not bad......the clutch felt amazing the handling was superb, and it had a pretty nice pick-up to it, i was only able to get it into 3rd gear but that was enough to get me off, especially after test driving the 03' s2000, worst car i've ever driven....
Old 05-14-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Unevolved
Of course it won't, for the same reason Porsche refuses to put a locking rear differential on a Cayman S. They can't have a cheaper car lapping faster than it's more expensive big brother.

the point was to tell the person interested in the lancer to wait for the ralliart to come out because its a better buy. Not why the ralliart won't have the same devices as the evo.

Quick Reply: What do you think of the '08 Lancer?