General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Have you always been in love with the civic?

Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarsura507 is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you always been in love with the civic?

I was just wondering, cuz i remember when the 2k1 civics first came out, i was so mad that they changed the model b/c i had always wanted a civic, but i loved the 6thgen civic. but when it got down to buying a car, i still went with the 2k1. now,though, i love this thing. it looks so good, and theres so much you can do to it that lets you express your individuality so you don't see a whole bunch of civics driving around all looking the same. i mean yeah, its not fast but thats what you get when you buy an economy car. i love the gas mileage though. i'd rather sacrifice speed and hp for mileage and reliability, dont you think? if i wanted a fast car, i would've gotten an rsx or wrx, when you're tight on money b/c you're 17, in college and working to pay off this car and insurance, you really have to go with the better bargain. anyways, i'll stop complaining...
(sorry for the long post, i got a little carried away)

~sarah
Old 03-22-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
yup i feel the same way!!!
Old 03-22-2002
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree totally....when it came to trading in my integra I wanted a new civic, but I did not like the 7th gen. But once I got it, it quickly grew on e me. Now I love it, and would give up vital parts of m anatomy to keep it. I love my car!!!
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

thundercats4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHA I am the same, except I am 19! I disliked the 7th Gen look at first but not I think its better than the 6th. Don't get me wrong the older ones look good but the new ones are the best looking I think.
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Xudus is an unknown quantity at this point
When it first came out I thought it was pretty ugly, now I love it as well (and the money it saves me!)
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Sarsura507 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's funny how us civic owners all feel and think alike! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

~Sarah
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Micks2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah when I first saw the new civic i was mad i think especialy because of no SI and casuse of that Inca Pearl color but i wanted the warrinty so I went with the new one.
Old 03-22-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i never liked the civic because i always thought it was a stupid car, there was so many of them on the road, then my mom brought it, first in our city to have one and caught a lot of attention, and the body was sleek and i lvoe black cars, so i fell in love with it and found this site.. now.. after realizing the car's potential... z time...
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

oatmeal is an unknown quantity at this point
i didnt' like my car at first cuz of it look and performance 6 month later you can't cut us apart......just like they cut me a part from this site..you guys are cool.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Blckcivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya i was same way i wanted a 2000 civic so bad i had plans for it and everything then when i went to the dealer.... they didnt have not 1... so i had to get a 2k1 cuz i needed a car badly... but now i love it and it grows on ya[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

XxOLYxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Hah yep, when i first saw the model for the new 2k1 Civic in a magazine, i was like [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] , hated them, then after a while i started growing on to them and started viewing this site, at first i didnt like the coupe and loved the sedan, now i love the coupe and hate the sedan, to then make matters worse the day i went to buy my car I was going to the dealer to buy a 2000 Civic EX, then at the last moment decided to get the 2k2
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

moose87 is an unknown quantity at this point
i liked them as soon as they came out..when i traded in my car i wanted the WRX but decided i just couldnt afford it..so my second choice was the civic and so far i love it! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

the1sthotboy is an unknown quantity at this point
my thoughts exactly all of u!!...[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] I love moding....Its like a bond or something me+civic....my girl gets jealous
I have always wanted a civic..I liked the headlights on 2k1's though ..thats it..then it just all fell in place
Old 03-22-2002
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok...I confess...I actually always hated honda's. And I have to admit, it was mainly due to jealousy of the extensive availability of parts for these cars. Mind you, I owned a toyota corolla, and back then, they didn't make much for them. I had to have my turbo kit custom built.

BUT ANYWAY, I finally gave in. I got a 1999 Si cuz I got bored. Got bored again(that and the car was givin me probs), and saw a 2K1 on a truck...and totally decided THAT VERY DAY that I wanted one. Needless to say, I went out and got one that very weekend...$16700 for my EBP EX, dressed in leather. Mmmmmmmmm.
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

anibal is an unknown quantity at this point
I was looking into buying an Integra GSR, but every model that I really liked, had more than 130,000 miles, I got dissapointed that I couldn't find once with low miles, so I found on the newspaper that the new civic was priced, relatively low, so I started looking into civics, at first I didn't like them, especially the sedan[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG], but then I found 2k1civic.com, and got used to it and started to like it more and more, and here Iam with my civic that I like a lot
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Toad is an unknown quantity at this point
My whole family are honda lovers. My mom drove an OLD civic for about 6 years when i was young then my dad got an Integra.. i think 94.. now he drives an accord which is sweet and he never lets me drive [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] I drive my 2k1 civic obvously... but my mom disapoints me. She sold the civic and got a mini-van... so disapointing. My sister is either going to get a newer civic (the new hatchbacks) or a VW jetta.
...Oh, and the reason we ALL drive hondas is because NOT ONCE did ANY of these cars break down EVER. My dads accord STILL runs and SMELLS like he drove it off the lot... then again he babies that thing like its more important then lets say... his children
and the gas mileage... working a part-time mall job I LOVE TO SAVE MONEY. DAMN i love hondas... *sniff*

I think im going to go kiss my car goodnite

-Toad
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to confess that I always hated Hondas from a tuning standpoint, i only bought mine for reliability. However, I have always been into modifying cars, and the temptation to buy some of the hundreds of aftermarket parts was too much for me. Just installed my magnaflow catback today, and I love this car more than ever.
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Before I got my car, I didn't even liked Civics. Instead, I almost got a Jetta 1.8T. That was before I knew anything about sport compacts. Whew...