General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

BMW 3 Series Design

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
BMW 3 Series Design

The new BMW 3 Series just never caught my attention.
From the moment I saw the rear of the car something flickered in my brain but I couldn't figure out what it was.
All i knew was that it wasn't a good thing and I wasn't really liking the design of the 3 Series.
The rear made the car look really cheap and low class compared to past models.
It's like a mullet...business up front and ghetto fron the rear.

I finally figured it out...the new 3 series rear tails looks identical to the failed Daewoo Lanos. which was sold years ago.

Old 10-12-2006
Type-Race
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
All I can say is that they just dont make them like they used to....thats goes for all makes of cars from BMW to the new redesign of the civics to the new Skyline but as always, we will accept it over time.
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Those sedans look aight....I had the same thought when I saw the new 07 3 series coupe....I was gonna get it since it looked tight in the commercial but after seeing the tails on it I changed my mind haha....
Old 10-12-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
They look a lot nicer in person..and in white..I like them. I love the front end..the rear..i can live with. I hope they make an M version of the 3 series sedan..that would be awsome.
Old 10-12-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
The New 3 series Sucks *** period, its ugly and BMW should be ashamed!!!

My Uncle is keeping his 04 because he absolutely hates the new design......Oh yeah the dealership near my house are selling way more 5 series than the 3 series...
Old 10-12-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
You guys are nuts...the looks are subjective, but the new 335i has a twin turbo inline 6. A first for BMW...and it's being haled as the fastest non-M BMW car.

I'm actually debating on leasing one. I need a tax write off, so I might lease one under my corporation.
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

thecheat is an unknown quantity at this point
not feelin the new 3. Nothing in BMWs line is light and cool anymore. Since i'm not gay I cant buy a solstice or sky and a miata is pushing it (just kidding, relax all you gay solstice sky and miata owners). But there is hope! The fit and yaris are both under 2500 lbs and lotus is still building the elise and exige so at least somebody is making nice light new cars.
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

thecheat is an unknown quantity at this point
oh yeah, I totaly see the daewoo in there, and now I know why I hate that rear end.

E30 and E36 were my favorites
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
totally ugly
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by thecheat
not feelin the new 3. Nothing in BMWs line is light and cool anymore. Since i'm not gay I cant buy a solstice or sky and a miata is pushing it (just kidding, relax all you gay solstice sky and miata owners). But there is hope! The fit and yaris are both under 2500 lbs and lotus is still building the elise and exige so at least somebody is making nice light new cars.
Your calling the solstice sky and miata gay and chossing a frickin yaris?
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
damn those yaris look like giant hamsters on the road

i agree, the newest generation of 3series is too plain "everyday car" looking. I think the designers peaked with the previous generation

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 10-12-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough
^ lol
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

pNOYjOSH can only hope to improve
looks like a daewoo
Old 10-12-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nookiemonster
You guys are nuts...the looks are subjective, but the new 335i has a twin turbo inline 6. A first for BMW...and it's being haled as the fastest non-M BMW car.

I'm actually debating on leasing one. I need a tax write off, so I might lease one under my corporation.
A nice engine will sell a car but looks are just as important.

I'm sure the car will sell well only because it is a BMW.
Old 10-12-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i like the new 3's. and anyone that says the new m sucks because of the way it looks is a jackass. nookie is correct as usual.
Old 10-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by modoman
i like the new 3's. and anyone that says the new m sucks because of the way it looks is a jackass. nookie is correct as usual.
Would you hit a fat chick just because you know she puts out easily?
No, because I'm sure you have some level of standards.
Same reason for a car...just because its fast and powerful doesn't mean people will forgot how ugly it looks.

And the twin turbo model isn't an M model.
Old 10-13-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
damn those yaris look like giant hamsters on the road
hahaha +1 and you know it's true.
Old 10-13-2006
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the 3 series coupe looks alot better.....trust me I felt the same way once the new body style came out, and I work for BMW too. True, that something we will need to get use to.
Old 10-13-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw a 335ci yesterday while i was on the 405 between santa monica and wilshire exit, that thing looked TIIGHT!! it was at night so at first i wasn't sure what it was. thought it was a new aston martin or something cuz i'd never seen the 335ci before, and then we got closer and it was the 335ci to the new 3 coupe.
Old 10-14-2006
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah the 335 is turbo too. That's pretty bad, Fast as hell too.

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
i saw a 335ci yesterday while i was on the 405 between santa monica and wilshire exit, that thing looked TIIGHT!! it was at night so at first i wasn't sure what it was. thought it was a new aston martin or something cuz i'd never seen the 335ci before, and then we got closer and it was the 335ci to the new 3 coupe.
Old 10-14-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
Same reason for a car...just because its fast and powerful doesn't mean people will forgot how ugly it looks.

Some people would. That goes for both cars and women...
Old 10-14-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
the new 3 series rock My uncle has one, black with black rims and a chrome lip, omg
Old 10-17-2006
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Well if anyone cares, I was pretty close to leasing one last week. BUT...decided to just buy another house instead. But it was a very very nice car.
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
hm.. so what do you do exactly... for a living i mean. i'm 20, but... 24's not that much older, to own (i'm assuming) 2 houses, or more i guess.
Old 10-17-2006
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
hm.. so what do you do exactly... for a living i mean. i'm 20, but... 24's not that much older, to own (i'm assuming) 2 houses, or more i guess.
You are also forgetting his Cayenne S and S2000 .. He's got a good system/knowledgable person on real estate in NV.

But as for people dissing the new 3series.. go view it in person and either be a passenger (or better yet a driver) and then come back and bitch it. Sure I still enjoy the E46 styling in ways, but this new platform has definitely power.
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

I wasn't complaining about the power or the handling...its the styling.

A car in this class can't be bought purely on power and handling.
Most people don't buy a luxury car because its fast.
they buy it because it looks expensive, boosts your ego, and makes you look like you are in the upper end of the social class.

From a car enthusiasts view, its fast so we'll embrace it.
But for the masses who still ask where they can get some 710 for their cars, a cheap looking car will not sell well.
Whats more likely to occur...your aunt asking you about the engine options or if it's available in black leather?

Either way, it'll probably sell well because it is a BMW.
Old 10-17-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO

understood, but i like the way it looks anyways. the last generation looked a bit wider, or bigger in general because of the design: the new one is about the same size but has a bit more refinement i think. it's not the same super aggressive look, but a bit more subtle, and i like that.