General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What kind of FLAWS or PROBLEMS about your cars do you guys have, COSMETIC, MECH etc?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of FLAWS or PROBLEMS about your cars do you guys have, COSMETIC, MECH etc?

Just thought i'd see what you guys have that ISN'T good about your cars. like what you guys don't like or the boo boo's that your cars have that are messed up or the things you guys JUST don't like. cause all these civics look soooo nice but how are they behind all the shiny paintjobs and closed doors?. the pro's and con's about your civics.
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

PiNoYxRaCeRxRH is an unknown quantity at this point
i had all my small dings and dents and couple tiny scratchs other than that it's all gravy
Old 09-15-2006
If Your Reading This Your Dee Dee Dee

Bad_Civc is an unknown quantity at this point
lets see..

side air bags.. in the 01 coupes.. they flippin suck.. i hate the Occupant Position Detection System .. its been fried out 2 times and i hate the ****..
the honda dealer is replacing it under factory defect parts but they dont understand either..

thats the only gripe i have.. i havent had any other problems with mine..

well i almost forgot the occasional hard time going into reverse but the airbags are my biggest gripe..
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

ok i see. you don't have any rips in the seats or cracks on the dash or giant dents or messed up looking engine bays or stuff like that?.
Old 09-15-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
dings, scratches, battle wounds, curbed disasters, nothing rusted so far.

I have terrible suspension problems. the stock suspension couldn't handle our ginormous house-swallowing potholes. I had 2 get it replaced twice and its a little squeaky now.
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

wow. do you guys have any pics of your cars problem area's?
Old 09-15-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
hmm, I'd say its totally random, and mostly asshats at parking lots that cause the problems.
Old 09-15-2006
Registered!!

have you guys ever broke something while messing with your cars and then fixed it back to normal?
Old 09-15-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Im not running 9's yet!
Old 09-16-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
underdamped rear stock suspension, rattle in the left B-pillar, warped brake rotors.
Old 09-16-2006
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
broken motor mounts so it rattles like a ***** and every panel has been rattled loose.......easy fix turn up the music

replaced tranny at 60K, clutch squeaks, exhaust leak, CF hood stuck on the car since one of the bolts stripped when putting it on, hole in carpet and floormat from some New Balance shoes I had, but overall i'm super happy with the car
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

Pushin_A_Civic has a spectacular aura aboutPushin_A_Civic has a spectacular aura about
Main problem would be the little paint chips on my front bumper from the road and a little rattle from my speakers
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
the only main concerns about my 05 civic
are the rattling issue inside the panels and the sucky paint job honda did...man i just bought this car more than 1 year ago and my paint is just ****, i have tons of stone chips and scratches. seemed like they just sprayed this car with one coat of paint
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

ctx66 will become famous soon enoughctx66 will become famous soon enough
Every body panel on my car is a nice deep black and looks like new, except for my damn front bumper. It looks like **** from rocks, bugs, etc. oh well.
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

have any of you guys ever broke any of your sheet metal on your car?. meaning the body panels (exterior), (paintjob)?
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

HD~Silverado is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my 05 vic last August and put almost 80 000 kms in a year. So far the car has impressed with its durability. Its been driven in -30c weather to upwards of +30c on a busy highway following logtrucks through a blizzard and it drives the same no matter what. After getting rid of the shitty dunlops they gave me I put on some Goodyear Comfortreads and my car now rides smoother and is so much quieter.

Of course I have a few dings on my doors, my hood is gettin chipped up pretty good but in 5 years I'm gonna want a new paint job anyways. Like someone else has already mentioned I have to sometimes fight to get it into reverse I have a loose dash light behind my A/c and recuirc buttons that works when it wants to.
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

2k1_sedan is an unknown quantity at this point
I was rear ended 3 years ago at a stoplight. They replaced the rear bumper and the trunk, but it still doesn't fit right. The paint doesn't quite match even now I can see the difference. @#$#%$ resale value is for **** now, not that I am bitter.
Old 09-16-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Lets see:
Auto tranny is ****.
Paint on hood is ****.
Paint in general is ****.
Thats about it.
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

have you guys ever hit potholes and broke something?. how big of a pothole do you have to fall in, in order to break something down there? cause everytime i fall in one on accident, i swear to myself!. and i hope nothing happens. if i were to break something after falling in a pothole. would i notice really quick?.
Old 09-16-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
honda put the wrong engine in my car...
Old 09-16-2006
Registered!!

PiNoYxRaCeRxRH is an unknown quantity at this point
oh yeah how could i forget my first curbage on my rims...grrrrh
Old 09-16-2006
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
Leaky trunk, and the shopping cart dent in my car cause of wal-mart asshats.
Old 09-16-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a few things... Of course, the obvious one. No power to speak of. But aside from that, it just minor things. The paint on the hood sucks, it doesn't want to go into reverse a lot, the reverse lights are worthless, and I hate the position of the gas tank/trunk latch. I always kick the stupid things getting into the car and have to get out and shut the door.

Aside from all that, I love it.
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
I got so many chips in my hood, front bumper it's disturbing!!!!
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

ian01ex is an unknown quantity at this point
warped rotors, squeeqy clutch, and some door dings but besides that she runs great. Besides mech the only other complaint I have is my damn tan interior. I would love to have black but nooo they couldnt do that for the blue 01 civics.
Old 09-17-2006
Registered!!

EM2 Mang is an unknown quantity at this point
Squeeky clutch, not enough power and nasty scratches from a truck throwing up stones on the highway, ohhh and rocky drivers seat, sounds like the front bush is going going gone. mehhh
Old 09-17-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
4th gear is going out in the WRX, few door dings from idiots.
Old 09-18-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Manual is occasionally hard to shift. The linkage seems to get stiff when temp is less than 70. Honda says that's just how it is. Won't go into reverse sometimes. Has something loose under hood, either exhaust or motor mount that rattles sometimes in the right rpm range. Cosmetically, a sh!tload of stone chips in bumper, a small crack at the bottom too. Also, about 5 little dents around the car.
Old 09-18-2006
Registered!!

khanselman is an unknown quantity at this point
I have heard this is a common problem for the 02's, but the paint on my front bumper is chipping off in huge chunks..
Old 09-18-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ian01ex
warped rotors, squeeqy clutch, and some door dings but besides that she runs great.
Why don't you just go get your rotors machined? O'Reilly's, AutoZone, etc. can do them for maybe $10 a pop.

Quick Reply: What kind of FLAWS or PROBLEMS about your cars do you guys have, COSMETIC, MECH etc?