General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What Car would you recommend for my wife...

Old 07-13-2006
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
What Car would you recommend for my wife...

My wife is looking to buy her first car without her parents help, and she doesn't know exactly what to do or how to do it. Basically she needs to know the tricks of the trade, and I am not that experienced with car buying.

She wants to buy a new car in the $15,000 range. She wants the car to be a cute/cool car, and she needs to get one soon.

Any suggestions on cars to look at? Please also provide the expected price that the car would run, and any pros/cons of that car.

fyi, she doesn't want a Civic because I already have one.

Thanks much!!

Old 07-13-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
does she want a 2 door or a 4 door? or no prefrence. some cars she might be intrested in are

--Scion xB, looks like a box, but super reliable 1.5 DOHC toyota, pretty much base at 15 grand, but comes standard with power windows/locks, and CD.

--Carolla, extremly proven reliable car, but at 15 grand will basiclaly be base probably power nothing, thats if you get the auto option(just guessing since most girls drive autos)

--Lancer, great looking, not as long lasting as a toyota, but proven car

--Cobalt, looks great, 2.2 Ecotec is an awsome engine, loaded for 15grand
Old 07-13-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
None. The less women driving on the roads the better off we all are

Just kidding

I'd say get a new VW Rabbit. Those are starting at exactly 15 grand I believe.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough
Toyota Corolla... My girlfirend just got one loaded for 15,000$
it's a 2006 with 4,000 miles.
Just do some shopping and take her with you !
Old 07-13-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Don't forget the Nissan Versa. It's actually very similar to the Honda Fit.
Old 07-13-2006
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
It seems like she is starting to really talk a lot about the Yaris Sedan Sport. Any info on this car?
Old 07-13-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
Hyundai Elantra, good car, fully loaded for 15, if not less, cant beat the warrenty, and they are accually one of the most reliable car out right now..
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point
uhh not really expect that the yaris is butt ugly... what about the fit? I would say fit or carolla.

uhh not really expect that the yaris is butt ugly... what about the fit? I would say fit or corolla.

Last edited by juanotejano; 07-13-2006 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
get a chevy cobalt or a toyota camry
Old 07-13-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Mazda 3 2.0 sedan, but it might cost a little more than $15k
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

raffstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
honda fit... cool and good looking.
Old 07-13-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
I personally hate the entire setup of the Yaris' interior. It reminds me of the Echo....ewww.
Old 07-13-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
\-/onda FIT brother!! she will love it. i was gonna get one but not too many mods out yet so its stinks right now
Old 07-13-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
nissan sentra. my friend's girl just bought one fully loaded for $14,000 OTD
Old 07-14-2006
The LA Clipper

She ended up getting a Scion Tc

btw, the Yaris was weak!! We went up a hill, and I wasn't sure if we were going to make it with three people in the car!!
Old 07-14-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
tC? good pick, but isnt that above $15K? Yaris automatic or manual is kind of slow.