General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Corvette C6 Z06 vs Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006
The Video Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to behold

Old 05-09-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Throw those cars on a real race track and it won't be more than a few turns before the GT is gone
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I figured the GT would walk the vette...
If it was stock it'd be a lot closer
Old 05-09-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
alot closer stock for stock but still.......how much more is the GT??? exactly. and its a ford.

that zo6 is freakin nasty! and i would love to see them in the corners because corvettes are amazing in twisties too. id imagine the zo6 would again be with him, and you saw already hed fly by him on any straight aways.....so again zo6 owns.
Old 05-09-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Still rather have the GT, I just like the looks better... just IMO
Old 05-09-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Still rather have the GT, I just like the looks better... just IMO
And it doesn't have roof problems.
Old 05-09-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
I think they are doing the Z06 this season on Top Gear and I'm looking foward to their comments
Old 05-09-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Thats what it looks like according to the short clip on the newest episode.
Old 05-09-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
blacked out z06 for the win lol
Old 05-09-2006

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Cptn. Slow
I think they are doing the Z06 this season on Top Gear and I'm looking foward to their comments

hahaha.... Top Gear comments from captian slow Awsome name, that guy is great sometimes
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
reagardless the z06 is a much more potent car and there are much more support in the aftermarket dept. a z06 is basically a poor mans supercar and this video just goes to show that i speak the truth
Old 05-09-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by familycar
reagardless the z06 is a much more potent car and there are much more support in the aftermarket dept. a z06 is basically a poor mans supercar and this video just goes to show that i speak the truth
that is all true, but there are definetely some bugs that need to be worked out w/ the brakes (from what I've read). And "poor mans" is a good way to describe the interior
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Would take a GT over the Vette any day. Who has the chick in the car? haha

That being said, the vette is still impressive.

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
alot closer stock for stock but still.......how much more is the GT??? exactly. and its a ford.

that zo6 is freakin nasty! and i would love to see them in the corners because corvettes are amazing in twisties too. id imagine the zo6 would again be with him, and you saw already hed fly by him on any straight aways.....so again zo6 owns.
When they tested the Vette on Top Gear, handling was ridiculed. Even the Ford GT is subpar in comparison to the supercars they get overseas.

Last edited by RangerMan; 05-09-2006 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-09-2006

Originally Posted by RangerMan
Would take a GT over the Vette any day. Who has the chick in the car? haha

That being said, the vette is still impressive.

When they tested the Vette on Top Gear, handling was ridiculed. Even the Ford GT is subpar in comparison to the supercars they get overseas.
well thanks for making that clear sherlock.
i never said it was the best in the world, or that it would ever beat an italian supercar. but for around 60k, what will you find that is better? and dont be impractical and say "derrr id buy a supah mad hooked up skyline yo!"

i dont pay much attention to everything they say. they are mostly opinionative and they compare cars against each other wether its on a wet or hot dry course without at least changing tires for the better. but dont get me wrong, i think topgear is awsome and i love the jokes here and there lol they are funny guys, plus they have interesting challenges sometimes.
Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

hott02turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
imo rather have the gt...how often do you see one on the street?
Old 05-09-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
what the deuce!?

has anyone seen a twin turbo ford gt? the thing is a monster.
Old 05-09-2006

or buy a cobra and twin turbo it, still under 60k but youd be driving a mustang, who wants to do that lol.
Old 05-10-2006

or buy a cobra and twin turbo it, still under 60k but youd be driving a mustang, who wants to do that lol.

why bother with all that, just buy the Shelby GT, put a smaller pulley on the super charger and you'll eb right there with both those cars.
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
well thanks for making that clear sherlock.
i never said it was the best in the world, or that it would ever beat an italian supercar. but for around 60k, what will you find that is better? and dont be impractical and say "derrr id buy a supah mad hooked up skyline yo!"

i dont pay much attention to everything they say. they are mostly opinionative and they compare cars against each other wether its on a wet or hot dry course without at least changing tires for the better. but dont get me wrong, i think topgear is awsome and i love the jokes here and there lol they are funny guys, plus they have interesting challenges sometimes.
I hope I did make it clear. No denying the fact its a best bang for buck "supercar" wise, aside from that Cavalier interior.

Last edited by RangerMan; 05-10-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i think you guys are arguing over the same point which i also share. you cannot buy a better rounded car for the money. as far as speed and quickness it pretty much is a supercar.
Old 05-10-2006

I hope I did make it clear. No denying the fact its a best bang for buck "supercar" wise, aside from that Cavalier interior.
your gonna buy a corvette for its interior? shows how much you appreciate cars and what they are.
http://www.americancarfans.com/news/...08.Mini11L.jpg
look, thats what you get, a no BS car. they dont make it special cus who cares, its not made to scratch your ***** at red lights, its made to go fast and hold you in while doing it. consider it a luxury to have such an interior in it. what do you expect CF or all brushed aluminum or something? what do you think keeps cost down? spending money on aluminum frames n ****, not aluminum gauge clusters so you can say wow i feel fulfilled now.
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

your gonna buy a corvette for its interior? shows how much you appreciate cars and what they are.
http://www.americancarfans.com/news/...08.Mini11L.jpg
look, thats what you get, a no BS car. they dont make it special cus who cares, its not made to scratch your ***** at red lights, its made to go fast and hold you in while doing it. consider it a luxury to have such an interior in it. what do you expect CF or all brushed aluminum or something? what do you think keeps cost down? spending money on aluminum frames n ****, not aluminum gauge clusters so you can say wow i feel fulfilled now.
Why are you arguing? I think someone needs to get laid. Go Oilers.
Old 05-10-2006

Why are you arguing? I think someone needs to get laid. Go Oilers.
lol my bad dude, i was just heated off other threads, u got caught in the middle. that, and i dont get why people complain about the corvette interior, who cares about the interior lol its a vette!
Old 05-10-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
and its a ford.
lol... i really want to throw the noob word out there, but i guess i just did.
both cars are awesome... obviously, the z06 is for anyone that can afford it, while the gt is a track car with the supercar gimmicks for people with lots of money to throw around.

i shouldn't even have to say this, but just because the gt is a ford makes ZERO difference. it is a car that was designed specifically to boost ford's name and to raise excitement about the brand. and the gt's are hand built in a special plant that was made just for them.
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys should see the 1 or 2 episodes where Jeremy on TOP GEAR gets his own Ford GT, it's freekin hilarious, hahah things kept on breaking, and they were making fun of him for getting it
Old 05-10-2006

Originally Posted by modoman
lol... i really want to throw the noob word out there, but i guess i just did.
both cars are awesome... obviously, the z06 is for anyone that can afford it, while the gt is a track car with the supercar gimmicks for people with lots of money to throw around.

i shouldn't even have to say this, but just because the gt is a ford makes ZERO difference. it is a car that was designed specifically to boost ford's name and to raise excitement about the brand. and the gt's are hand built in a special plant that was made just for them.
yea i am a noob, never had any experience with fords, none. your right.
that or ive worked on every make and probably every model car and ford is one of the worst, especially mid to late nineties. however the worst is chrysler late 80's to early 2000's. and im not basing this on opinion, its on frequency of repairs and extensiveness of the repairs needed relative to mileage and age of car.

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
you guys should see the 1 or 2 episodes where Jeremy on TOP GEAR gets his own Ford GT, it's freekin hilarious, hahah things kept on breaking, and they were making fun of him for getting it
but dude they have theire own plant, that means they are super fords that wont break.... god!

Last edited by ncirom2003; 05-10-2006 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
here you go, this is the Top Gear episode i was talking about enjoy

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04...sonsFordGT.htm
Old 05-10-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
yea i am a noob, never had any experience with fords, none. your right.
that or ive worked on every make and probably every model car and ford is one of the worst, especially mid to late nineties. however the worst is chrysler late 80's to early 2000's. and im not basing this on opinion, its on frequency of repairs and extensiveness of the repairs needed relative to mileage and age of car.

but dude they have theire own plant, that means they are super fords that wont break.... god!
i'm definately not disputing the fact that fords are crap. i've worked on many makes myself, and ford is easily one of the worst, especially at design (one of the first expedition models had the oil filter right behind the corner of the front bumper )
whatever, though. i'm sure you're a master of all cars, so please go ahead with your silly comments and weak attempts to redicule my intellect. do it.
Old 05-10-2006

Originally Posted by modoman
i'm definately not disputing the fact that fords are crap. i've worked on many makes myself, and ford is easily one of the worst, especially at design (one of the first expedition models had the oil filter right behind the corner of the front bumper )
whatever, though. i'm sure you're a master of all cars, so please go ahead with your silly comments and weak attempts to redicule my intellect. do it.
lol ok, assface!
jk, i dont get why you would call me a noob for saying "its a ford" when you agree, dont make sense. never said i was a master, just defended myself cus you said im a noob which i am not.

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
here you go, this is the Top Gear episode i was talking about enjoy

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04...sonsFordGT.htm
did he just say hes gonna bone a dog? lol

Last edited by ncirom2003; 05-10-2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2006
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
The GT looks like it has down syndrome. I think it's horrible looking. And to even compare it to Ferrari or Lambos.. WTF?!

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 Z06 vs Ford GT