General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Police training video on Street Racing

Old 03-13-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea carb is crap. how is one intake different from another? its a damn filter on a stick.
Old 03-13-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Of course CARB is a bunch of BS.
Swapping a K20 into a civic, and getting a Jackson Racing supercharger to put down well over 200whp legally is much faster than a stock 6th gen hatch with a cam gear and an eBay intake.
Old 03-14-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Wow. That video was infuriating on so many levels. That was profilin' and profilin' is wrong...

What gets me is that it's totally Okay for cops to have a car modified for performance. Hypocrits....

I'm glad I live in Oregon - No smog testing whatsoever. I'm going to run a straight pipe on my Talon when it gets done just for watching this video.

BTW why is the cam gear illegal? How can the newer K20's run the adjustable timing throught the rev range legally? Just cause it came from the factory that way?

Last edited by 01HonderCivic; 03-14-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yup pretty much. just like how factory hid is legal but a retrofit on your car isn't. or how a sport muffler from the factory is legal, or factory lowering springs, or supercharger. but if you add those as aftermarket parts, they are illegal. ha
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Can this profiling be any more painfully obvious by now?
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

nycolombiany is an unknown quantity at this point
I get pulled over here in NY a lot........show my PBA cards they tell me have a nice day and i just rev off real hard. Its nice to have friends that are cops.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
ahahahhaah
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
i tink first of all, the fast and the furious was one of the blame...haha. and second dere are so many places here in ca dat ppl do street racing. =/
Old 03-14-2006
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma

red_sun is on a distinguished road
When i got singled out at a DUI check point for my turbo it went basically like that video he even told me about the breather filter not being legal along with some other things on my turbo kit. But i was let go with just a warning cause they werent out looking to give tickets they were looking for drunk drivers.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

UrAverageCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
*cries
I'm moving to canada!
Old 03-14-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by diskreet
Of course CARB is a bunch of BS.
Swapping a K20 into a civic, and getting a Jackson Racing supercharger to put down well over 200whp legally is much faster than a stock 6th gen hatch with a cam gear and an eBay intake.
Yeah Ill agree to that one Dont know anyone whos done that... Sept make it close to 290 whp lol *hopefully*
Old 03-14-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i kept my engine stock...no mods other than pure synthetic oil by amsoil....one thing is that i have oem honda rims, and cuz of my fat sidewall tire u cant tell its dropped from a distance...i got sidemarkers yellow high beam reflector, and back housing headlights which i dont see as being illegal...and thats about it...also the oem style fog lights help a lot too
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nycolombiany
I get pulled over here in NY a lot........show my PBA cards they tell me have a nice day and i just rev off real hard. Its nice to have friends that are cops.
hey what're PBA cards?? i know 4 people that're cops, each in different cities around where I live, does it mean i can get PBA cards and be exempt from tickets too??
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

unluckyninja619 is an unknown quantity at this point
so....... if i drop my car, its gonna be illegal? not really sure....
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by varner88
lol who carries a wrench by there foot? and they cant impound for suspiciion cuz if its not illegal u can sue the **** out of them
haha yea, and yea i thought you didnt have to pop your hood for cops if they just asked. so they're not allowed to impound your car? and can they really arrest you for not popping your hood? cuz dont you have rights as a citizen? heh.. i guess ricers dont have rights?
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

FreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura about
Ok here is my 2cents on this whole deal........

1) you shouldn't be able to have to pop your hood unless you have been racing

2) exhaust being loud? give me a break if you wanna complain about loud noises I wanna see all cops pull over these harleys and loud bikes they are 5 times more loud than hour exhaust

3) being lowered illegal? common its actually safer cause we are more stable to the ground making us harder to flip

4) if they wanna cry about being low? what about going high? that is a lot more dangerious i think and all these trucks should be getting pulled over too for being higher than "stock"

5) decals being illegal too? i think is what i heard and it can cause drivers to read them... hmmm lets review here.. what about all the signs on the road saying " cheap insurance " or " best lawer in the OC" or something stupid that is destracting so go take those signs down...

im not going to say i hate cops cause i plan on being one but i do hate stupid laws
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TransformedBG
The beauty of having texas licence plates in california! If i get pulled over non of that crap applys! But just incase i like to carry around a box of doughnuts with me.

yah like HE said in this thread...jus bring a fresh hot coffee and a box of donuts and a ***** for a company while they sit in the side street pulling over pple...maybe that'll keep their eyes off our cars ....
Old 03-14-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
actually here in jersey pba cards dont do **** they see mine take em away and still give me ticket cuz there dicks but ne way my exhuast is the loudest around here im running kamikaze header no cat and straight pipe and i dont get pulled over for exhuast.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

PiNoYxRaCeRxRH is an unknown quantity at this point
bet ya the car was in their impound lot!
Old 03-14-2006
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
happened to me like a week ago, cop was a **** and measure my fog lights and wrote me a ticket since they are 8 inches off the ground and they need to be 12 inches! LOAD OF ****, cops need to do something important like pull over a speeder, If I had been speeding then bring it on but he wasted 45 minutes of my life to be a bitch about fog lights
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
^^WTF your fogs look like they are at the stock position.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Damn that cop is a douchbag. No wonder I hate cops. I like how it ended by saying how they can stop all the deaths from this illegal activity. Well funny thing is how many deaths are caused by cops when they pull out in front of people. I know of abunch.
Old 03-14-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jeffsta17
happened to me like a week ago, cop was a **** and measure my fog lights and wrote me a ticket since they are 8 inches off the ground and they need to be 12 inches! LOAD OF ****, cops need to do something important like pull over a speeder, If I had been speeding then bring it on but he wasted 45 minutes of my life to be a bitch about fog lights
sounds like in that movie Crash. They did not pull you over b/c you did something wrong but b/c there was probably something wrong
Old 03-14-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WilmncChris
Damn that cop is a douchbag. No wonder I hate cops.
Well funny thing is how many deaths are caused by cops when they pull out in front of people. I know of abunch.
I love statements like these. Really brings out the character in people.

Cops do this because they think it will help prevent street racing. They don't do it themselves and do not know about it.
If you are so mad about getting citations and tickets then talk to the lawmakers in your area. Get a ton of car enthusiasts together and get a drag strip opened. That way the cops are happy cause a bunch of stupid teenagers, who are driving far beyond they capabilities, are off of on public roads and the same stupid teenagers can race legally.
Old 03-14-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I've never had to race on the street. That's what I use the airstrip on our farm for
Old 03-14-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
1. the exhaust they can pull you over for being loud, heard of that alot, and have been pulled over for (no ticket though).

2.they can ask to see your car but you do have the right to refuse. if so they can hold you there and get a warrant, bring in a drug sniffing dog(if drug suspecion), arrest you for time being, or even seize the car for time for suspecision. suspecision can be if they see anything like a n20 tank, or hearing a loud sound from the car(the senses hear, see, smell, feel, etc.). either way they will ticket you or give you a warning.

im so happy im in NJ, ca is way too strict.
Old 03-14-2006
Don't Let Your Future Be Destroyed By My Past...

TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by diskreet
I don't think there is anything wrong with that video
Carb approved parts are readily available.

And yeah its probably to increase revenue cause I doubt doing this will stop any street racing.

You can keep a car CARB legal and make it faster.
nuf said!
Old 03-14-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
luckly were I live, when I pulled over I never get hassled for th3 exhaust and other mods.
Old 03-14-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
they can tell u to pop ur hood if they have probable cause because of your exhaust...they can say you have "illegal engine modifications" and its probable cause to search but if u dont have an exhaust (or anything that is visible in plain sight) they cant make u pop ur hood open
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i have actually been pulled for my exhaust. at least that was the excuse he gave me. i told him i dont care if you think my exhaust is loud i have a cat and the exhaust is carb approved. he told me that he had no way to be able to tell from driving beside me so he had probable caus eto pull me over. after they followed me to the sitters house they let me take my 3yr odl daughter in the house while they put me omn the curb and searched my hole car. ended up letting me go but after all the humiliation in front of the sitter and all her neighbors just becasue i had an exhaust on my truck. i cant begin to tell you how many times i have been screwed with just because in cali we get profiled. and its not just the cars here its if you are of a certain age and dont dress in polo shirts and slacks. for god sake in the city next to me a cop shot a guy for nothing. the guy was mexican and in his mid 20's and he got profiled. he was laying on the ground and the cop told him to get p and then shot him on video. the cop must of thought he was just some punk little did he know the guy just got back form iraq and now can barely walk with a walker. cali has got to be the worst when it comes to profiling. but it also depends onthe area. if your some white kid driving around L.A. with an orange county address on your license even if you have weed on you they will let you go and say " man what are you doing around here"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Police training video on Street Racing