General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Are Miata's pansy cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
Are Miata's pansy cars?

okay so lets hear it... are miata pansy cars? cuz i was thinking about getting one after christmas and boosting it straight up but i dunno...

P.S. since i cant get a s2k a boosted miata will have to do if i get it
Old 11-08-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
seems like a regular car to me. my dad has one and he's kinda old and a professor.
Old 11-08-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
one of my friends has one, and it's fun seeing him in his black miata, another in his black s2k, and a third in their primer black silvia go cruising down the road

i get to be the supply car for them in my ssm sedan :P
Old 11-08-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
i think they're pansy cars if they're stock... i don't care if they're faster then my car, or handle better, or anything like that... maybe it's just cuz it's tiny that it has the illusion of being a pansy car... ?

non-pansy examples:
2006 Miata MX-5

1992 Miata with a 5.0L V8 SpeedFreak
Old 11-08-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
this is when the driver makes the car!
Old 11-08-2005
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
i dont think they are but if you watch some movies/tv they always seem to make wimpy/gay guys drive them. "corky romano" and the gay cop from "reno 911" drive them.
Old 11-08-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
just get an RX and save yourself alot of defending of sexuality
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Manick is an unknown quantity at this point
Miata's are alot more agile than civics, and lighter I believe. That combined with the FR drive-terrain makes it an amazingly formidable car in the corners. The newer ones look alot more aggressive than the previous models, and thats never a bad thing. Miata's are excellent track cars from my personal experience in seeing them run.
Old 11-08-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I thought they were at one point. They're not. They're affordable sportscars. If you think otherwise, well, then you're a pansy because you've never been in one.

I wanted to buy one a couple of weeks ago, but insurance on a sportscar isn't exactly cheap for a college student.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

02nithwkcivcpe is an unknown quantity at this point
A few months back i was looking into buying a turbo miata, had good power and handled nice but in the end it was just too small for me.
Old 11-08-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
To anyone who knows how to drive one... no they're not pansy cars. Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty ignorant. Its gotta be one of the best handling fun cars out there.
Old 11-08-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
this is kinda the same as how jettas are thought to be girl cars. its not really true, but everyone you ask has heard about it.
Old 11-08-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
this is kinda the same as how jettas are thought to be girl cars. its not really true, but everyone you ask has heard about it.
ive known 2343135435 girls who own a jetta, and 1 guy
Old 11-08-2005
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
I don't care what others think. I'd buy one and soup it up.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
hahah jw. cuz juss telling people i was thinking about getting a turbo'd miata raised hell. defending my sexuality against 24265235 other guys inst easy =(
Old 11-08-2005
7thGen's Loudest Civic...4,000 watts and climbing...

usafcushman is on a distinguished road
just get limo tint, and never let anyone see you get out
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
Miatas may be small and portrayed as pansy cars but the fact of the matter is that it will out handle a shitload of other cars. So basically your a pansy till you race them on a mountain.
Old 11-08-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i <3 my miata, george. just fyi

what i don't like is how, stock, it understeers. that can be easily corrected with some severe throttle-mashing or brake oversteer. otherwise, it's great. if you want to get some nice power, go for a 94+ miata cause they have a bigger, 1.8L engine. bigger engine + turbo = more power.
Old 11-08-2005
Make friends with your slow.

Morton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud ofMorton has much to be proud of
Wadup

Ok first off he is asking if its a panzy car, which is a rhetorical question because they are known to be girly cars because lots of chicks like cars that are tiny and petite, second he is not asking how they handle he probably knows since he has been thinking about getting one and third how a car handles has nothing to do with a car having a panzy image. I think you all will agree that this guy is smart though, because as his opening statement he asked a rhetorical question, you know he has heard of this car being called a girly car, and panzyish. But what you dont know is that hes actually plotting against us, because by asking a rhetorical question he was hoping that we would all say that its a gay looking car and only chicks drive them. But then he let us in on a little secret, he wants to get it boosted. He wants us to make fun of his choice on thinking about getting one and then he will beat our cars with it and laugh at us for making fun of his car! its a conspiracy!!!

Just felt like making you read that, i got bored and wanted to tell a story, anyways id buy one i think they are nice and that one pic looked tight!
Old 11-08-2005
Premium Member

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
Are they good cars? - Yes
Will ******* assume you're gay? - Yes.

JK. I want one. It would make a great project.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

pacopepe132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock miata=YES!!!
Racing beated miata=no
So head up to Racing beat and kick it up a notch
here are 2 pics of a miata that belongs to one of the best mazda mechanics on Puerto Rico
El psiquiatra
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	normal_5to%20125.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	61976   Click image for larger version

Name:	normal_5to%20126.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	61977  

Last edited by pacopepe132; 11-08-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2005
Registered!!

Deadkookaburra is an unknown quantity at this point
Test drive MIATA ended in woman's death

Miata is pretty unsafe...read this fresh from overseas news:

http://www.sgforums.com/?action=thre...=160157&page=0

Old 11-08-2005

starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's a selling point if you're a techno geek who wants a technologically advanced car but wouldn't know it.

Earlier Miata's used triangular pistons, not round. Now, this increases compression handling and makes the car more reliable/gas efficient. You'll find the same technology in the RX-8 but as of late it has been suppressed by gas giants due to its efficiency and reliability. You can turbocharge them easily as a result of this design with little to no problems.

No other car aside from the RX-8 has this technology (that I'm aware of) and it's definitely a well built car esp after dealers were finding them with over 300k miles and still running like new.

Anyway, I'm clearly no mech but I've read this out of a Popular Science article which talked about 90mpg cars and such, btw, the early miata has been known to get 50+ mpg... makes me want one.
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

haha yea mike, goin ur way w/ the miata but yea, went to the mega meet one too many times and seeing no miatas there and seeing an assembly line of SRT-4's. and plus, readin up on em in the mazda forums they seem to be pretty reliable and quick cars. they just dont really look safe from a crash point....
Old 11-09-2005
Premium Member

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by starstryke
Here's a selling point if you're a techno geek who wants a technologically advanced car but wouldn't know it.

Earlier Miata's used triangular pistons, not round. Now, this increases compression handling and makes the car more reliable/gas efficient. You'll find the same technology in the RX-8 but as of late it has been suppressed by gas giants due to its efficiency and reliability. You can turbocharge them easily as a result of this design with little to no problems.

No other car aside from the RX-8 has this technology (that I'm aware of) and it's definitely a well built car esp after dealers were finding them with over 300k miles and still running like new.

Anyway, I'm clearly no mech but I've read this out of a Popular Science article which talked about 90mpg cars and such, btw, the early miata has been known to get 50+ mpg... makes me want one.
WOW!!!
Old 11-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jcem
WOW!!!
i dont get it....
Old 11-09-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i'd drive one. awesome cars to drive
Old 11-10-2005
unique conformist

dannn will become famous soon enough
just go to an autocross event and ask that question.
Old 11-10-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by EnProceso
i dont think they are but if you watch some movies/tv they always seem to make wimpy/gay guys drive them. "corky romano" and the gay cop from "reno 911" drive them.
^ Yeah i saw that episode where Lt. Dangle uses his Miata to move...
Old 11-10-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Miatas are only pansies if you get an auto.

Quick Reply: Are Miata's pansy cars?