General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

test drove a new civic lx

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
test drove a new civic lx

ok so went to my audio shop today and they said come back in about an hour. so i went over to the honda place and i parked my car. i was looking at the new civics and the guy who sold me mine came out with a smile on his face. we talked and i told him im thinking about getting something new (a lie, i could never get ride of my 7thgen i love it to much) we talked about hte car for a few minuites and he said do you wanna drive a stick or an auto? andi said an auto just b/c my 5 spd skills arnt the best and ifelt that if i drove a stick i wouldnt get the full effect of the car. so i hop in. immediatly i notice that everything is different. the dash is huge. but the way the instrument cluster is set up is perfect. the a/c is ice cold too lol so after i adjust the seat and all of the mirrors i put it in drive and i take off

now the way this car rides is very different from my car. but then again my car has a harsh ride since its lowered and it has 17's. as im traveling down the road i notice many things that are different about this car. everything from interior room. to gauge postioning and climate controls/radio comtrols

when u step on the gas the car reacts almost instantly. and it handles pretty well. the braking is almost superb. all in all i really did like this car. itsa big step up from honda a totally redesigned car. and it is really starting to grow on me.
Old 09-22-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like you had a good overall experience... Gonna have to go check 'em out soon.
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
The performance sounds great but I still cannot get over the looks of the car.
Old 09-22-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
yeah the car is ungodly ugly. and if i got one id wait till there was more of an aftermarket for this car. can you say body kit lol
Old 09-22-2005
iwu
Registered!!

iwu is an unknown quantity at this point
It's interesting to read what the previous gen owners think, thanks for the post.

I have a 06 LX Sedan, my sister has an 05 and I'll have to drive hers a bit more to get a feel for the difference but I can tell you I'm very happy with my car. I even prefer the looks over the 05, but styling is mostly about opinion.
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
nice

i actually like the exterior.......however, i like the new coupe's exterior best.....
Old 09-22-2005
iwu
Registered!!

Originally Posted by zen_master
nice

i actually like the exterior.......however, i like the new coupe's exterior best.....
coupe backend is nice lookin but I was shopping for 4-doors no matter what car it was
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
^ that's why i'm not test driving one, cause i'll probably want one. slightly better gas mileage and more horsepower, can't go wrong. my 01 is sweet but i don't think i'd buy a first year model again
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

nooboob is on a distinguished road
jw. automatic seat recliners?
Old 09-22-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
When you test drive what do they ask you for?
Old 09-22-2005
iwu
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Michalo187
When you test drive what do they ask you for?
well if you are younger they will probably photocopy your license, maybe ask you for insurance etc... but I'm 29 so when I walk on a lot they pretty much don't care and are more than eager to get the keys to anything I want to drive within reason
Old 09-22-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
post pics of the 06 IWU please
Old 09-22-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

actually they didnt ask me for anything the guy who sold me mine was like just hop in and i asked dont u need 2 photocopy my license and hes like no, its fine. lets just go for a spin lol
Old 09-22-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

and no no automatic seat recliners. maybe in the ex tho. i cant get over that its a d18 lol i and the ex has 4 wheel disc brakes
Old 09-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i just didn't feel like I had a good control of the car. Almost felt like I wasn't driving and that was kinda scary. But good at least some people like it.
Old 09-23-2005
iwu
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i just didn't feel like I had a good control of the car. Almost felt like I wasn't driving and that was kinda scary. But good at least some people like it.
.... what?
Old 09-23-2005
iwu
Registered!!

Originally Posted by _Viper_
post pics of the 06 IWU please
Well I figure you guys have seen a lot of pics already but I did take a couple quick ones.

Sorry for the quality I didn't pick a real good time of day

Old 09-23-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Wow. I wonder how much horsepower is gained when u get rid of the cat right next to the head?
Old 09-23-2005
iwu
Registered!!

the last car I had was a focus and it had a manifold cat... lets just put it this way:

stock Focus 2.3: 127whp
I/H/E Focus 2.3: 159whp

Intake on the car added 12 alone, exhaust adds about 4, header is the rest, and no this isn't ricer math there are dynos for all of it.
Old 09-23-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by iwu
the last car I had was a focus and it had a manifold cat... lets just put it this way:

stock Focus 2.3: 127whp
I/H/E Focus 2.3: 159whp

Intake on the car added 12 alone, exhaust adds about 4, header is the rest, and no this isn't ricer math there are dynos for all of it.

Some engines respond much better to bolt ons than others. the 6thgen civic responded fairly well to boltons versus the 7thgen civics. It is very dependant on how much R&D the manufacture puts into the headers and what not and how effecient they make them. If you can make big gains by replacing the headers and all that, that means they where orginally poorly engineered for flow dynamics.

Also, if you are removing the front cat, there are some legal issues. Surely the manufacture knows that removing this will make more power, but new regs require better control of pollution hence they must put certian parts of the cat closer to the engine. IF you remove these you have shifted the car to a more performance and less enviromental friendly car.
Old 09-23-2005
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
Originally Posted by iwu
Well I figure you guys have seen a lot of pics already but I did take a couple quick ones.

Sorry for the quality I didn't pick a real good time of day

place an order for this kit
Old 09-23-2005
iwu
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
Some engines respond much better to bolt ons than others. the 6thgen civic responded fairly well to boltons versus the 7thgen civics. It is very dependant on how much R&D the manufacture puts into the headers and what not and how effecient they make them. If you can make big gains by replacing the headers and all that, that means they where orginally poorly engineered for flow dynamics.

Also, if you are removing the front cat, there are some legal issues. Surely the manufacture knows that removing this will make more power, but new regs require better control of pollution hence they must put certian parts of the cat closer to the engine. IF you remove these you have shifted the car to a more performance and less enviromental friendly car.
Yep, and I live in CA, the lamest state for mods

However, you don't have to smog a car for 6 years after the purchase, I still had 4 years left before I traded the Focus in but I still feared having to put it back to stock as it had 0 of the 2 cats.

About the only choice I had was to trade the car in as well as dealers care less about the vehicle passing smog as they aren't registering the car. I almost feel bad for them but they DID get test drive in it and if they hadn't trained their appraiser how to look for aftermarket bolt-ons then it's their own fault.
Old 09-23-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by iwu
Yep, and I live in CA, the lamest state for mods

However, you don't have to smog a car for 6 years after the purchase, I still had 4 years left before I traded the Focus in but I still feared having to put it back to stock as it had 0 of the 2 cats.

About the only choice I had was to trade the car in as well as dealers care less about the vehicle passing smog as they aren't registering the car. I almost feel bad for them but they DID get test drive in it and if they hadn't trained their appraiser how to look for aftermarket bolt-ons then it's their own fault.

yup... that's funny though.
Old 09-23-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i like the si, and the sedan. the 8th gen coupe w/o the aero kit is kinda ugly. like a not-as-gay tC.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Is IWU the first one to get a 8th Gen here?!
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

dtexan is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased my LX the second day they were out
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
man... the engine compartment is TIIIINNYYYYY!!
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

dtexan is an unknown quantity at this point
the thing is there is more just hard to see in pics
Old 09-26-2005
iwu
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dopes6070
man... the engine compartment is TIIIINNYYYYY!!
You really need to look at it in detail and in person before you make that call the car being wider, and engine actually being SMALLER than 7th gen means there would probably be more room, and there is but the plastic part up front and the cowl over the strut towers make it look small, this is just so the windshield can have that rake and the hood can be small for styling reasons.
Old 09-26-2005
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iwu
You really need to look at it in detail and in person before you make that call the car being wider, and engine actually being SMALLER than 7th gen means there would probably be more room, and there is but the plastic part up front and the cowl over the strut towers make it look small, this is just so the windshield can have that rake and the hood can be small for styling reasons.
ya it just does look really small in the picture... maybe not in person tho. I wonder if they covered up the strut towers on purpose for another reason then the the windshield. Do you think they are trying to make people less likely to do suspension mods. Are they easy to get to? cause i cant really tell.

Quick Reply: test drove a new civic lx