General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2005 Honda Civic seat belt chime(disable?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zim868 is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 Honda Civic seat belt chime(disable?)

hello, I have a 2005 honda civic in this version not only does the seat belt light come one when not engaged but a annoying chime comes on too is there any way to disable it where I live wearing seatbelts is not a law, I recently had surgery and the seat belt is just excruciatingly painful against my skin wound area I tried a padding but that caused bleeding can anyone please help me is there any fuse to disable or anything I can put in the buckle to turn that annoying chime off

help!!!

thanks!!
Old 04-27-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
wow, I know a lot of people would say just wear it, but I guess because of the situation you should ask the folks @ a dealership if they could disable it.
Old 04-27-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
You can buckle it and sit on top of it...
Old 04-27-2005

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, I was going to say to cut it and just leave it in the thing but that would render it useless...
Old 04-27-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
find a buckle from a salvage yard/junk yard and just plug it in otherwise its got a sensor inthe assembly itself from what I learned when they replace mine
Old 04-27-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Blahman2
or you can do as I said...
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zim868
hello, I have a 2005 honda civic in this version not only does the seat belt light come one when not engaged but a annoying chime comes on too is there any way to disable it where I live wearing seatbelts is not a law, I recently had surgery and the seat belt is just excruciatingly painful against my skin wound area I tried a padding but that caused bleeding can anyone please help me is there any fuse to disable or anything I can put in the buckle to turn that annoying chime off

help!!!

thanks!!
what country are you from?
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

USA thanks
Old 04-28-2005
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
its not a law to wear a seatbelt where ur at?
Old 04-28-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
I say wear the seat belt. It will be more painful if you get into an accident without it on. An also ......... <---try using these things to seperate your thoughts please. Thanks
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

civicguy1xxxxx is an unknown quantity at this point
cut the black wire going to your seatbelt.........your airbag light comes on and your car wont pass inspection but your seatbelt wont chime
Old 04-28-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
just try putting random pieces of metal in the buckle (pieces large enough to later retrieve) and wait to see if it read any of them otherwise just do what blahman said since its the smartest idea here!
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Oishi is an unknown quantity at this point
check for the connector underneath your seat that is used to check if the belt is connected or not. using a multimeter test and check which two wires becomes open or shorted. if you find that one becomes shorted then just put a wire between those two pins..otherwise for the other, i guess cut one wire off
Old 04-28-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by civicguy1xxxxx
cut the black wire going to your seatbelt.........your airbag light comes on and your car wont pass inspection but your seatbelt wont chime
HAHAHAHA best advice ever!!!!
Old 04-28-2005
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point
i was testing if my car would chime if i didn't have my seatbelt on while i was driving. i drove for about 15 miles or so (from school to home), but no chime. it was just the seatbelt light was on, and that was it. maybe there's no chime because i did a 02 to 03 cluster conversion, and there was one wire i didn't know about so i just stuck it somewhere??? hahaha. i guess i'm the lucky one or not.
zim868, if you want, we can trade cars~~!!!!
Old 04-28-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Blahman2
why does it need to involve more than that?
Old 04-28-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesnt stay on for that long, i remember relocating my car, and didnt bother to have it on, i twas only on for like.10 seconds or so..its not that annoying, just listen to music loud. haha
Old 04-28-2005

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that was added in 04 I believe. So, 03's would be the best becuase they don't bug you but they have the newer interior. Trade it in! If you don't want to drive yourself
Old 04-28-2005

Originally Posted by Oishi
check for the connector underneath your seat that is used to check if the belt is connected or not. using a multimeter test and check which two wires becomes open or shorted. if you find that one becomes shorted then just put a wire between those two pins..otherwise for the other, i guess cut one wire off
you would need to put a resistor between it and so youd need to use an ohmeter to check resistance of the thing , (find first and last lead to it, but it gets tricky cus you could also just test the current flow and do ohms law but then if there are other things on that power wire or anything you might get screwed.)
Old 04-28-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
disconnect the plug from under the seat but your srs light will be on.
Old 04-28-2005

..........this really aint hard, in fact its easier than bending over to disconnect this and measure this and cut that and blah blah blah....... just plug it in and sit over it like blahman originally stated.

especially since your recovering from a surgery and cant do much (from the sounds of it) without hurting your wounds again, otherwise id say either wear it or do one of these things
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

solved the problem

I cut the hook off the top of a coat hanger, bent it into narrow sort of loop and filed down the part I cut so it was not sharp and put it in the clip, works great no chime

thanks
Old 05-16-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
I'm not trying to be an *** or anything but, why dont u just wear the seat belt? It has saved my life on several occasions. Plus it helps me drive better.
Old 05-20-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2blu
I'm not trying to be an *** or anything but, why dont u just wear the seat belt? It has saved my life on several occasions. Plus it helps me drive better.
because its right on a surgery scar the dam thing is still painful before it was causing bleeding ... I just cant take it

you were in life threatening accidents on several occasions? do you race cars?