General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What can't i do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NuFussion is an unknown quantity at this point
What can't i do?

I read in a previous post that you can't add many performance parts on an automatic compared to a manual. Why? What are those parts that i can't add?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

2K1 Civic Coupe LX
Mods: None so far
Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

Brandon is an unknown quantity at this point
You can't put an AEM CAI on an auto because of the placement of the tranny I think.
Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
u cant do short shift
Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

NuFussion is an unknown quantity at this point
NO CAI!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

CivicEX2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< u cant do short shift >>

This is very true, i have an automatic and i don't have a short shifter[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Its all good though. You can do nearly anything as the same as the manuals, but the transmission is way different. You loose major HP with the drive train. You CAN get a CAI if you realy wanted one from Injen, but i hear SRI is BETTER for autos. have fun[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

deception420 is an unknown quantity at this point
get iceman when it comes out, my friend is workign with them on a prototype... and it may not look good... BUT it pulls. what it lacks in looks it makes up in power. its "CAI" BUT no hydro lock up
Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
All the stuff on my car has seem to went well...only stuff thats pertinent to a manual u wouldnt be able to do on the auto like..

the short shifter [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-01-2001
Registered!!

1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you bought an automatic why bother with the performance end of it....your already a full second slower in 0-60 than the stick....read or race one.....