General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

How do I get the radio code in my 2015 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
corysam is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I get the radio code in my 2015 Civic

All,
I want to get the radio code for my 2015 Civic EX. I read several posts on this forum and others and I'm still unable to make the car display the code. Ive tried starting with the car off and then turning it to on while holding down the audio power button. This didnt work. I should mention that to turn it on, you push the start button twice. Push it once and it goes into accessory mode, then push it again and it goes to on. I started with the radio off and with the radio on. I tried holding down buttons 1 and 6 while doing this as i saw in some posts but that didnt work either. Other than the power button, there are no hardware buttons with this unit, just soft buttons but i put my fingers on the screen where buttons 1 and 6 would be. I called the dealership and the service guy said you just hold the power button down. I tried several combinations of that with the car off and on and the radio off and on. I thought maybe i wasnt holding it down long enough so I tried holding the audio power button down for 2 minutes and nothing happened. I set the in-dash display to show the radio info but its not there either. I dont have a nav system in this car. Does it even have a code? Any ideas?
thanks
Old 01-17-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get the radio code in my 2015 Civic

You don't really need a code. Why are you looking for one?
Old 01-17-2019
Registered!!

corysam is an unknown quantity at this point

To change batteries. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-17-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If it locks due to power loss, the radio will display instructions telling you how to unlock it
Typically you just start engine, push and hold radio power button for 2 seconds
Old 01-18-2019
Registered!!

OweninGA is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't need one on my 2013 Civic HF when I changed the battery. The radio even remembered my presets. Everything talks to the computer now and is controlled by the VIN. So the only time you will have to worry about the radio is if you change the computer, and once you've programmed the VIN in the computer it will work.