General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

F3-11 /Permanent DTC, Civic 2014 SRS error

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lidobernardino is an unknown quantity at this point
F3-11 /Permanent DTC, Civic 2014 SRS error

Hello,
Kindly help how to fix the error appearing in my honda civic 2014 1.8L in airbag.
My car was crashed to accident and left & right airbag were blown. I brought to repair shop and the accident area was repaired except the airbag.
I purchase foxwell NT360 elite and the fault appears,(F3-11/permanent DTC - the left side airbag deployed.)
I tried to clear the error code but failed to clear/delete.
Any idea how to fix it?
Old 07-30-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: F3-11 /Permanent DTC, Civic 2014 SRS error

List all of the SRS components that were replaced during repairs, please

The SRS control unit must be replaced after any deployment. There is also a specific list of components that are to be replaced after any SRS deployment event. That list varies depending on what SRS components deployed in the collision event

Your repair shop SHOULD have taken care of all of this during repairs. Make sure your insurance company knows there's about to be more repair expense, ask if they would prefer for you to take it to a Honda dealership so SRS (SAFETY SYSTEM) repairs can be carried out properly
Old 07-30-2018
Registered!!

Thank you the response but my car is no longer covered by insurance comprehensive.
The auto repair shop quote more than 100k pesos (approx usd1800) and I think is no longer practical to do that expensive airbag and I decided to do it myself.
Any advise the procedures to do it like can help the airbag diagram for that model? I have foxpro NT360 elite and I already fix the other airbag parts.
Old 07-30-2018
Registered!!

Another thing, can I repair my srs control unit if I have foxpro NT360 elite? or what I should do to repair that unit by myself?
Old 07-31-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lidobernardino
Thank you the response but my car is no longer covered by insurance comprehensive.
The auto repair shop quote more than 100k pesos (approx usd1800) and I think is no longer practical to do that expensive airbag and I decided to do it myself.
Any advise the procedures to do it like can help the airbag diagram for that model? I have foxpro NT360 elite and I already fix the other airbag parts.
SRS is part of the affected items from the crash. If insurance covered the original crash repairs, this is still part of those repairs and should be covered as such.
Unless the car was considered 'totaled' and written off as a loss by the insurance company.

Did you pay for the body shop repairs yourself?

Typically you replace whatever SRS components are listed in the service manual according to what items were deployed during the crash (deployed items, affected impact sensors, SRS control unit, possibly more depending on the situation). If the new control unit gives new fault codes then you deal with that when you discover the new codes.
Old 07-31-2018
Registered!!

Yes, because the car was not insured during the accident.