General 8th & 9th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Problem with power windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zainrashid94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with power windows

I have 2006 honda civic . My windows wont go up or down within one click of the button i have to press and release the button again and again in order for the window to go up or down. Any solution? Also heres the link to the video i made of the problem
Click here
https://youtu.be/ra-WJFHpAPA
Old 04-14-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Problem with power windows

Kind of looks like ether the window glass is binding or the switch is bad....or maybe the auto function was lost. Can't tell from your video which it could be.

When did this problem start? Shortly after windows were tinted?

You keep poking the switch
The drivers window switch button has 4 positions: Up, auto up, down, auto down

Will the window stay moving if you only move the switch to the up or down positions? (don't poke or pull far enough to reach the auto function)

You have tint and it sounds like the thing makes a lot of noise as it moves, the glass could be too stiff to move and the motor quits

Spray Silicone lubricant into the run channel seal where the edges of the glass must slide
If that doesn't help, I might want to remove the door panel to make sure the glass is not binding