Oil and filter change - Honda Civic Forum

General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Oil and filter change

Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

sdraza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil and filter change

Many workshops put the engine oil themselves at the time of oil and filter change which perhaps they purchase in bulk. Is it OK or should one buy specific branded oil can to be used? thanks
Old 1 Week Ago
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Oil and filter change

As long as you go to a shop that is warranty approved, you should be fine. Or take it to the dealer, I know the Honda dealer in my city advertises the cheapest 0w20 oil changes.
Old 6 Days Ago
Registered!!

rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point

my mechanic would always use bulk oil cheap Quaker state kind sorta is why i started doing it myself i wouldn't use anything other than synthetic oil many brands of synthetics are excellent to use some to mention castrol , pennz, mobil 1 are all good.
Old 6 Days Ago
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Ask what kind they use! My local dealer price isnít too crazy for an oil change either just takes forever!!!!

I use to use synthetic but now I just use Honda synblend. Works great and itís pretty cheap, $6 a quart from eBay when you buy a case.
Old 6 Days Ago
Registered!!

rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Ask what kind they use! My local dealer price isnít too crazy for an oil change either just takes forever!!!!

I use to use synthetic but now I just use Honda synblend. Works great and itís pretty cheap, $6 a quart from eBay when you buy a case.
thats a exeptionally great deal on honda"s own oil Win,Win.!
Old 6 Days Ago
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

First oil change on my 2018, I bought a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 and a Mobil 1 filter (M1-110, retail price $13) for like.. $35 at Autozone (they always have 5qt + filter deals for $30-40).

A set of rhino ramps ($40 Amazon prime, 12k lb rating) and some hand tools, was able to do my oil and my roommate's oil inside of 30 minutes.
Old 5 Days Ago
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

My dealership charges far less for an oil change than any of our local Jizzy Lube shops, AND we use the correct Honda supplied oil.

We also keep a few cases of Honda labeled quart bottles (at a higher price) if anyone really wants it, along with some Mobil-1 and a couple other choices (also at a higher price). If you want this oil, the price ends up about the same as the local Jizzy Lube shops.

Buying oil in bulk is the norm for many shops. If you owned a shop and sold 200-20000 gallons of oil per month, you wouldn't want to deal with a zillion quart bottles.
Old 4 Days Ago
Registered!!

sdraza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42 View Post
As long as you go to a shop that is warranty approved, you should be fine. Or take it to the dealer, I know the Honda dealer in my city advertises the cheapest 0w20 oil changes.
If I get oil filter changed from a mechanic who charges cash only, I mean he is not part of chain of auto workshop, will that void any warranty of a new car? Suppose if my honda civic 2018 has some problem honda dealer will refuse to honor the warranty. thanks
Old 4 Days Ago
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You always need proof the services are done, and done with specified products (receipts with date, mileage, and oil spec and filter)
Old 4 Days Ago
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdraza1 View Post
If I get oil filter changed from a mechanic who charges cash only, I mean he is not part of chain of auto workshop, will that void any warranty of a new car?
that might cause problems, see below

Originally Posted by ezone View Post
You always need proof the services are done, and done with specified products (receipts with date, mileage, and oil spec and filter)