Air Conditioning Post your questions about air conditioning here!

Odd A/C activity

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ayoldguy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Odd A/C activity

Hi, new to the forums here. I just sold my 2004 Civic EX and bought a new 2018 Civic EX. When I turn on the AC, all 4 vents blast air and blow nice and cold. Once it reaches the temp I set, airflow and coolness from the vents do ratchet down, but it seems like one of the center vents just blows air, not as cool as the other 3. I brought car back to dealer and they said all AC components plus temps are OK and it's the the car's system trying to regulate temp.
Does this seem right? Is this just the car's climate control trying to keep the cabin temp to what I set it at?? Thanks.
Old 09-20-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Odd A/C activity

Is this just the car's climate control trying to keep the cabin temp to what I set it at?? Thanks.
Yes. If you set the temp to the lowest or highest setting, it will do what you expect.

When you dial in a specific temperature on the display:
Climate control WILL adjust vent temperature (AND POSITION) in order to reach the desired target (whatever you set it to),

but it adjusts temperature output based on target temp set vs. temp sensor for the cabin, so actual vent temps can vary quite a bit as the system attempts to achieve that target temp. .

Kinda like if you walk into your house and it's freezing at 50F so you turn on the furnace and crank up the heat (or stoke the fire), it's gonna be hot right by the heater vents until the thermostat on the other end of the house finally decides its warm enough way over there to finally let the furnace turn off for a few minutes. And dialing the thermostat setting up to 90F doesn't force it to speed it up either.