North East Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

North East People: Post Your First Names!

Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Re: North East People: Post Your First Names!

Originally Posted by Kunkle2000
Hi my name is John. I'm new here can't figure out how to post a new thread. I have a 2002 LX tranny went. It would lose LL gears until I restarted it. Then they would come back now it won't move without high rev slippage. Feels more electrical than mechanical can't get it to an AutoZone don't know anyone with scan tool and I'm off work due to no car. So no budget. I do have a 2002 Honda ex same motor and I believe same transmission . This car has no power and the d light blinks on the cluster and someone went haywire on the harness of this car it's a mess. Will the ex fit the LX tranny swap? Does anyone think the LX can be fixed simpley by a sensor? Where can I start? Between the two cars I should be able to have one solid car.
Did you?
check tranny fluid
reset ecu (battery disconnect for like 10 minutes)
check all grounds
Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

Kunkle2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pon55
Did you?
check tranny fluid
reset ecu (battery disconnect for like 10 minutes)
check all grounds
i did not I had to have the car towed home yesterday and I went out this morning started it up and it went into gear. And drives I don't want to take it anywhere as I don't want to tow it home again. Where can I find I wiring diagram of all the grounds and why would turning the car off and on fix the issue until it does it again? Yesterday was the first time I actually heard a little grinding like something didn't disengage while in first pulling out after a stop and restarting the car. I actually pop it in neutral while moving and turn off ignition and restart car and it stops it from slipping so itakes me think it's not mecanical but electrical
Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

i did not I had to have the car towed home yesterday and I went out this morning started it up and it went into gear. And drives I don't want to take it anywhere as I don't want to tow it home again. Where can I find I wiring diagram of all the grounds and why would turning the car off and on fix the issue until it does it again? Yesterday was the first time I actually heard a little grinding like something didn't disengage while in first pulling out after a stop and restarting the car. I actually pop it in neutral while moving and turn off ignition and restart car and it stops it from slipping so itakes me think it's not mecanical but electrical
i know that there is 2 quarts of just regular transmission fluid in there and the rest is Honda could that be an issue it's been in there for quite some time no issues
Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice

You should Google for the diagram. Ground connections are very sensitive to temperature and moisture, also electrical load.
Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pon55
You should Google for the diagram. Ground connections are very sensitive to temperature and moisture, also electrical load.
i just found out that two quarts of regular domestic cheap tranny oil I'm my car it was low I had a pin hole leak in the coolest line so there's 2 quarts of the wrong tranny fluid in there could this be the culprit?
Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

i just found out that two quarts of regular domestic cheap tranny oil I'm my car it was low I had a pin hole leak in the coolest line so there's 2 quarts of the wrong tranny fluid in there could this be the culprit?
If it is the same spec (dextron 11 or whatever)it is not. Wrong fluid can do this.
Old 07-13-2017
Registered!!

larry yellnats is an unknown quantity at this point

Si -LARRY