Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

2007 Si Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Lines is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2007 Si Tranny

I would like to know is there any way i can switch my 6 speed tranny for a auto tranny ? I have a 2007 Si help anyone
Old 02-25-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'll pretend I didn't just read that
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

s.snk3 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow never though i see this, but then again this is the internet.

Last edited by s.snk3; 02-26-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-25-2007
Registered!!

whats the big deal with this swap? I just want to know if it can be done...
Old 02-25-2007
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
no. trade that car in before you perform such sacrilege as this. i would call you a newb, but i don't know why you want to do this yet.
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
yes and there are tons of people on clubrsx that would love to trade you
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
So why don't you just get the regular vic and put a SI badge on it. It would be rice but not as bad as an actual auto SI. Why would you even want the SI if you are talking about swaping the trany? Millions of minds need to know......
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

tnel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow....isnt the 6 speed tranny why a lot of people buy the si??? uhh that was one of my main reasons !!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

WOW there is not 1 person on this website that can answer why someone would want to swap a 6 Speed for a auto? COME ON PEOPLE someone has to be SMART enough to know.....

Last edited by White Lines; 02-26-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
I can not think of one reason to swap the 6 for an auto ON AN SI. Please inlighten us wise one.
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
^driving in heavy traffic
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

s.snk3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by White Lines
WOW there is not 1 person on this website that can answer why someone would want to swap a 6 Speed for a auto? COME ON PEOPLE someone has to be SMART enough to know.....
i trade you my 03 auto vic for yours
Old 02-26-2007
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Do you suck that bad at shifting to justify swapping your perfectly mated 6 speed for a shitbox auto?
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
i'm sure manual--> auto swap can be done with $$ but who does that??..
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

cerebrous is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes if you get the rsx base auto tranny. But you will need to run two ecu. one for the auto tranny and one for the si (since si doesn't have kpro). Wiring mess but it can be done.... if someone can do Kpro on an auto rsx you prob can do the reverse with TONNES of work.

^^^^ enlighten us of why ^^^^^^ curious.
Old 02-27-2007

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i can think of a reason why you might want to swap, and it is because of a handicap. this is why i didn't call you a newb. but, there is no way you can swap it without A LOT of money, because autos need an ecu that is programmed for an automatic transmission. then, you have to get an automatic that can handle the power of the si motor (which may sound silly, but a base rsx slushbox will likely fail prematurely). all of this not to mention all the labor, misc. parts, etc.

btw, why don't you just GTFO if you are going to come in here and ask such a question without stating any reason as to why (which everyone will be asking why without posting anything else...) and then imply that we are all stupid. NO IT CAN'T BE DONE AND EVEN IF IT COULD WE WOULDN'T TELL YOU, YOU BASTARD!
Old 02-27-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
If he was physically handicapped to the point he couldn't drive an MT, he likely wouldn't have bought the si in the first place.

If that does happen to be the case, why don't you give me your si, and then go purchase a big van with a raised roof, like the rest of the speds ride around in. Make sure to add a ton of that black and yellow caution striping, too. It will make you more visible, and if you add enough yellow, the van will be as fast as your si.

And, next time you ask a stupid question, without giving an explanation, then proceed to be a dick to everyone else, make sure you put a flame retardant cover on your special helmet, so it doesn't melt to your head when we respond.

And yes, you can swap to an auto tranny, you just have to swap the whole car for an EX model.
Old 02-27-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I'm thinking you just realized that you suck at shifting, and apparently, life as a whole.
Old 02-27-2007

Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

^lol... good one +rep for that
Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

Ok here is why I want to swap.....because ...............

I CAN NOT DRIVE STICK...I have this brand NEW 07 Si and I can't move it to save my life.....yous wanted to know....
Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

not for nothing but i was not acting like a dick I just asked can it be done....yous took it to a other level....Geez I was asking can it be done who cares what for....if yous wanted to know I have 3 other cars... I have a 1998 mustang a 2001 mustang and a 1973 Mach1 mustang......people i am new to the import thing i would like to try my hand at it.....thanks for the help.............

P.S. for all those who think there packing under there hood, I would love to run my 3 speed 1973 Mach1 mustang which has a 351 cleveland under the hood. I mean heads up I would welcome any import....

Last edited by White Lines; 02-27-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2007

Better just take it back and tell 'em you don't know how to drive it. Remember, burning up a clutch, etc. while "learning" isn't covered under the warranty. How in the hell did you test drive the car?? Did it not occur to you that not knowing how to drive stick might cause you a problem when trying to drive the car?? This is the funniest thread I've ever seen on this site. You've been owned by your car. Bwuahahahahahaha.

Old 02-27-2007

How about this. I'll race you, my 04 civic dx, vs you, in your brand new si. I may not have a bunch of pimp *** older cars, but at least i can ****in drive what i do have.
Old 02-27-2007

as far as all of these other cars, pics, or ban. and how the hell old are you and what do you do for work?? or are you just a little punk with rich parents??
Old 02-28-2007

eh dude learn to drive a stick, it's not that hard!!! i see 16 year old girls driving crapped out 82 datsun trucks with a 4 speed, you can definately learn on a buttery si tranny, or on your civic si.

P.S. for all those who think there packing under there hood, I would love to run my 3 speed 1973 Mach1 mustang which has a 351 cleveland under the hood. I mean heads up I would welcome any import....
ok, i'd love to run my father's harley with a 129ci race motor in it against your rustang. please leave now.
Old 02-28-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
not for nothing but i was not acting like a dick I just asked can it be done....yous took it to a other level....Geez I was asking can it be done who cares what for....if yous wanted to know I have 3 other cars... I have a 1998 mustang a 2001 mustang and a 1973 Mach1 mustang......people i am new to the import thing i would like to try my hand at it.....thanks for the help.............

gladly, make your way to socal and ill have as many runs as your heart desires. in fact my neighbor has a 480whp 240 another has a 12.9 sec evo and a low 11sec eclipse gsx, another has 11sec sti, hell ill make it fair, how about a 69 mustang grande with a built 351 windsor. i am willing to be the windsor even being a small block vs big block will dust your ***.

your comments make people questions your knowledge and maturity level. you really do sound to be a little punk kid who is spounting off daddy's rides like they are his own.
ther are plenty of imports in my area that will spank your **** with out hesitation, so dont think your all that and a bag of chips because you have a v8 under the hood. these days boost replaces displacement!!!!!
Old 02-28-2007
Registered!!

ok guy my knowledge and maturity level really must be out of wack because like i said before I just wanted to know if this kind of swap can happen...see as far as MY Mustangs ( all three I own ) are very different than my Si See in my mustangs which all but the Mach1 are have the 4.6 ( V8) under the hood which comes in auto or stick BUT either can be swap very cheap and pretty fast hell even the V6 3.8 tranny can be changed easy too...So i was thinking the same can be said for imports which it looks like is not true...and by the way the windsor is not even second best...it has to be one of the worst V8's in fords history the cobraJet lead the pack as the greatest V8 and the cleveland was a close second... than you have the 5.0 than the 4.6 than u have the shitty windsor I might not know import's but I know my Mustangs thats why i asked if a swap can happen while I have a brand new 07 Si and given I might not know how to drive it YET i still have it in my driveway ok guy....whats sitting in your driveway?
Old 02-28-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You have a $20,000 hopped up econobox sitting in your driveway. Not sure that I'd be all pompous about it. Its not like you got a Lambo sitting there.
Anyways, there isnt an auto tranny made to spin to 8200 RPM, so the flat out blunt answer is NO you cant swap an automatic. It isnt all that hard to learn how to drive a stick, or sell the car.
Old 03-01-2007
Registered!!

Not being pompous about it, it was more like 26 and change i had the dealer add a bodykit and a few other things but i was answering someone who is talking out their *** (Familycar) all i was looking for was a yes or no , but anyway Thank you Boilermaker1 thats all i wanted to know. its been fun thanks guys...

Last edited by White Lines; 03-01-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Si Tranny