Bolt-on Engine Performance Modifications This section is for easy bolt-on engine modifications Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

C.A.I., cat back, and Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jebchevelle is an unknown quantity at this point
C.A.I., cat back, and Tune?

Does any one make a Cold Air Intake and cat back for the 2016 civic with the 2.0L yet? also does anyone make any type of power adder other then N20? thanks
Jeb
Old 05-19-2016
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: C.A.I., cat back, and Tune?

Search for the acura ILX, they used the engine for a few years now and it might be a similar platform.

I am not sure whether the 2016 civic is based off of the ILX or if the ILX was based off of the previous generation of civic.
Old 05-19-2016
Registered!!

close but the ILX uses a 2.4L and the MAF looks to be different. I was hoping ingen or someone was making one for this model but so far no luck. they are making them for the turbo cars though.
Old 05-20-2016

mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jebchevelle
they are making them for the turbo cars though.
Cold air intake for a turbo engine? Somebody in the aftermarket clearly doesn't understand how things work.
Old 05-20-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Cold air intake for a turbo engine? Somebody in the aftermarket clearly doesn't understand how things work.
Sales performance and noise performance are of utmost importance in much of the high performance market.
Actual engine performance isn't so important.
Old 05-20-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mcnoople
actually they claim to increase 29HP with the injen intake over stock. Injen claims that either honda is derating the 1.5T engine or the stock intake focuses more on noise and emissions then on performance,so it tends to choke the turbo.
Old 05-21-2016

Originally Posted by Jebchevelle
actually they claim to increase 29HP with the injen intake over stock. Injen claims that either honda is derating the 1.5T engine or the stock intake focuses more on noise and emissions then on performance,so it tends to choke the turbo.
I am sure that it actually reads as "up to 29 hp." I am sure that intake tract noise is a big concern for honda on all of their engines.

The thing about CAI and turbo engines is that if you drop the intake temp by 30 degrees it still has to pass through the 6-700 degree turbocharger and be compressed. Just the act of compressing the air increases the temperature. I recall seeing 19 psi was the stock boost setting on these engines. That is a lot of boost in a little engine in a fairly large car.

If I was going for increased power on a turbo engine I would be looking at intercooler sprayers and meth injection.
Old 05-21-2016
Registered!!

well mine is not a turbo car so.lol
I get what your saying. Back when I was into turbo cars it was about bigger injectors, fuel pump, water meth. but then those cars had pretty well flowing air filters.