I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

For latest Honda that has side camera, does it has a display on your navigation panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
happy hopping is an unknown quantity at this point
For latest Honda that has side camera, does it has a display on your navigation panel

I just watch this youtube video, it's saying there is a video jack at the inside of the navigation panel that is connect to the side cameras of the side mirror.

Can the display (output) of that camera, or perhaps a rear camera at the rear windows that the navigation panel can display? this way, it fixes the blind spot problem during lanes changes
Old 11-28-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For latest Honda that has side camera, does it has a display on your navigation p

side cameras of the side mirror.
Honda calls it "Lanewatch" in the USA, it has been on certain higher trim levels of various car models and various model years here.
I don't know if the same is available in Canada, or which years, models and trim levels are equipped with it.

I don't have info about connecting your own camera to the navigation display either, but here's a picture of the mirror with built in camera

Old 11-29-2018
Registered!!

Re: For latest Honda that has side camera, does it has a display on your navigation p

that's impressive. That's exactly what I want. I heard rumor in youtube that Type R 2010 is going to be 2 door, or even convertible. I would imagine this feature should be included in the upcoming Type R. If they have a 2 door in the future, I'll definitely upgrade

Now, is there any problem of this technology at night time? How exactly does that camera works at night?
Old 11-30-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If you're in Canada look at honda.ca and see which cars have the feature
Old 12-01-2018
Registered!!

all it says is:

Honda LaneWatch™ blind spot display2

None of the features we describe are intended to replace the driver’s responsibility to exercise due care while driving. Drivers should not use handheld devices or operate certain vehicle features unless it is safe
and legal to do so. Some features have technological limitations. For additional feature information, limitations and restrictions, please visit www.honda.ca/disclaimers and refer to the vehicle’s Owner’s Manual

========================================

it would have some way to work at night time. But I wonder how that camera can detect cars in the dark
Old 12-01-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJP326 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2017 SI that has this feature. The camera comes on when you use your right turn signal. They work well in low light, or night conditions. I still check my mirror, and glance over. This just adds another level of safety, and is a nice addition.
Old 12-01-2018
Registered!!

I have the 2010 Si, the spoiler is kind of blocking the way. I do shoulder check, but this feature would be very helpful.

On a sidenote, I don't understand how can car like the new Lambo be practical? they block the entire rear windows w/ shade, as if their blind spot is not big enough
Old 12-01-2018

Originally Posted by happy hopping
it would have some way to work at night time. But I wonder how that camera can detect cars in the dark
Headlights show up brightly on the screen.

Originally Posted by happy hopping
how can car like the new Lambo be practical
Most average people wouldn't buy any sort of Lambo for practicality.
Old 12-01-2018
Registered!!

ditto, those Lambo are unsafe and impractical