I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

can you add a CD player on teh 2017 and beyond Civic SI?

Old 08-19-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
happy hopping is an unknown quantity at this point
can you add a CD player on teh 2017 and beyond Civic SI?

Is there a way to add a 3rd party CD player? Has anyone done it?
Old 08-19-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: can you add a CD player on teh 2017 and beyond Civic SI?

A salesperson at my dealer has gone as far as taking all of a customers CD collection, then loading them onto the customers phones and flash drives so they can play their CD music in the new car.

Honda doesn't seem to offer an accessory CD player for Civic.
Odd...they still offer an accessory CD player for a new Pilot though.
Old 08-19-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

A CD?!? Those ancient things lol.

If if you have an AUX input you could run a handheld CD player to it. An anti skip one would be best lol
Old 08-19-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolNat
A CD?!? Those ancient things lol.

If if you have an AUX input you could run a handheld CD player to it. An anti skip one would be best lol
Man, I think I just saw an old Discman in the basement LOL

Old 08-19-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Lmao yes those were the shiz when I was in school. I remember asking my mom in middle school that I wanted a CD player for the school bus ride and it had to have “anti skip” to handle the bus bumps. I think that was the exact one I had

Now I hardly use a CD for music unless it’s kids song’s on car trips!
Old 08-19-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

For something like that, you'd need a 3.5mm Bluetooth broadcasting unit.

In all seriousness, I haven't found any evidence of anyone putting a CD player in the 10thgen. Perhaps there's a way with an aftermarket unit (Phoenix is a brand that many use -- it's basically a direct drop in for the 10thgen), but I can't tell you for sure
Old 08-20-2018
Registered!!

any brand is fine, what's the link of Phoenix? How complicated can this be?
Old 08-20-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

9" quad/2gb ram or octo-core/4gb ram horizontal
https://phoenixandroidradios.com/pro...ivic-2016-2017

10.4" quad core/2gb ram vertical
https://phoenixandroidradios.com/pro...ivic-2016-2017

I've read hit or miss things about them, but they're still very popular among 10thgen modders. Still not sure if you can or cannot hook up a cd player to it, but it's worth looking into. The 10.4" runs Android 7.1 (Nougat) OS. The 9" runs either Android 6 (Marshmallow -- 4gb ram version?) or 7.1 (Nougat -- 2gb ram version? Seems backwards, but that's what the site says).

Not sure how CD player interface would work with an Android OS. I guess, if all else fails, email the manufacturer and hope for a response in at least Engrish?

The 9" description does indicate that it can support an optional DVD module, so that would be my best guess as an in for CD playback.

Link to the DVD module: https://phoenixandroidradios.com/col...p-smart-tv-etc
It's an extra $70 for that
Old 08-20-2018
Registered!!

but shouldn't there be a slot to insert a CD?
Old 08-20-2018
Administrator
Administrator

In the optional DVD module, yes.

​​​
Old 08-22-2018
Registered!!

is this the only brand name out there? For e.g., say someone else have a fancy Ferrari, is the above the only choice?
Old 08-22-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Just buy a flash drive for $7 and load all the cds on there, you wont miss using cds. I did this for both my parent's vehicles
Old 08-22-2018

Originally Posted by Colin42
Just buy a flash drive for $7 and load all the cds on there,
And this will probably hold the entire CD collection, plus more.
Old 08-22-2018
Registered!!

I can't. THe CDs are from the library. Some times they skip, so you can't copy them. And if I don't like the songs, then I have to bring it back to my PC to erase it? too inconvenient
Old 08-22-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

buy cds for like $5?
buy individual songs on itunes for $1 each?
and opening a folder, selecting a file, and then hitting the delete key is "too inconvienient"? wow
enjoy borrowing scratched, skippy discs
Old 08-22-2018
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately, CDs are a thing of the past at this point. With streaming services like Spotify and Pandora, not to mention iTunes allowing users to customize their playlists, the limitations of a compact disc make it inconvenient for those with diverse tastes. Also kinda ties in with safety -- fumbling around for the right CD as opposed to a head unit that navigates like an ipod.

If you're using CDs from a local library, use things like CDex to extract them to MP3s. CDs skipping? Buff the bottom side with some lip balm on your finger then try reading the disc again.
Old 03-13-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HowardB57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happy hopping
Is there a way to add a 3rd party CD player? Has anyone done it?
YES. I have a USB CD Player I got off EBAY connected to USB outlet in cupholder. CD player works great.
Old 03-13-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HowardB57
YES. I have a USB CD Player I got off EBAY connected to USB outlet in cupholder. CD player works great.
I see one dealer website has a USB CD Player, I think it's $150, greatly over price.

Regardless, I decide to withdraw any pursuit on another Civic SI, and move to the 2 door Accord coupe for 278HP. I haven't buy it yet. No money