I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Electrical problem? Please help.

Old 08-17-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McHungry is an unknown quantity at this point
Electrical problem? Please help.

Hi All,

I've been searching all over the internet but I can't seem to find the answer. I'm hoping you guys can help me.
I'm a total newbie when it comes to cars so please bare with me.

I have a 2017 Honda Civic. Last night, my car completely died on me. Literally, nothing works but ONLY my brake lights.
I assumed my battery was dead so I had it jumped. But that wasn't the problem. The battery still had plenty of juice according to the towing man.
However, he made it turn on by having the jumper cables still on the terminals and pulling-out/pushing-in this "small box" inside the engine fuse box. He said that the "small box" might be the issue. I was able to drive back home, but died again in my parking lot as soon as i put it in park.

I'm hoping that is something I can just replace so I can save money/time. I've been searching all over the internet but I can't seem to find what that "small box" is.
Thank you all for your help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fusebox.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	112462  
Old 08-17-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Electrical problem? Please help.

Have it towed to your dealership service department. Call them and let them tell you how to handle it so the tow is covered by warranty.
I think you have some info on hondas roadside assistance too. Call that number?
Old 08-17-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Electrical problem? Please help.

2017 should still be under warranty

take to dealership