I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Which iPod best for 2018 Civic?

Old 06-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bearingman is an unknown quantity at this point
Which iPod best for 2018 Civic?

I have a new Civic 2018 touring and I am not happy with how my iPod nano plays through. I can't access folders (or playlists) and all songs seem to be played through the root directory,which makes it almost impossible to find a song or choose a genre. I would consider buying a new iPod but want to make sure that it will play correctly in the car.
Please don't tell me about Apple Car Play - I am not interested in putting music on my phone.
Thanks
Old 06-07-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which iPod best for 2018 Civic?

My understanding, plugging in via usb interface will be the same regardless of device. Even Bluetooth connection from my phone to head unit has the same navigation while browsing music on my phone as my USB-connected 6thgen iPod classic. Then again, I'm working with a non-infotainment head unit
Old 06-07-2018
Registered!!

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What exactly do you mean by "browsing music". That is what I cannot do on the ipod nano. It plays just like a thumb drive.
Old 06-07-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

A nano is not going to work like you are wanting but any newer gen iPod with an interface screen on it should work.

DO you want to be able to change songs, select playlists etc with the head unit in the car or is using the iPod ok?
Old 06-07-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
A nano is not going to work like you are wanting but any newer gen iPod with an interface screen on it should work.

DO you want to be able to change songs, select playlists etc with the head unit in the car or is using the iPod ok?
Either would be okay. I just want to change playlists and then I am okay with the songs playing either sequentially or shuffled
Old 06-07-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Ok, then it is just a matter of which iPod you like.

Through USB it will take all audio and direct it through the car speakers. Bluetooth should work the same and you may even be able to control song selection and playlists through the car head unit with either USB or Bluetooth.

Apple Carplay might work with iPod also as it runs iOS. If this is the case then you have more control over what the car can tell the iPod to do.
Old 06-09-2018
Registered!!

Well, I have a solution now. I was able to get my thumb drive to play the way I want. First I formatted the drive to FAT, then added folders and songs. Works like a charm, and now I don’t need to buy a new iPod.
Old 06-09-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

IPOD? I thought all the cool kids put music on their phones these days.

*slides cassette tape of 70's music into player
Old 06-09-2018
Registered!!

Smile Re: Which iPod best for 2018 Civic?

Originally Posted by ezone
IPOD? I thought all the cool kids put music on their phones these days.

*slides cassette tape of 70's music into player
See my original message
Old 06-09-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bearingman
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What exactly do you mean by "browsing music". That is what I cannot do on the ipod nano. It plays just like a thumb drive.
Weird. On my head unit, I'm able to browse my iPod just like.. browsing an iPod. Then again, I have physical buttons and a rotary **** on my headunit unlike the full touch interface you have.

edit: by the way, ezone was being sarcastic. lol. He probably retrofitted an 8-track into his car
Old 06-09-2018
Registered!!

Old 06-09-2018
Administrator
Administrator

hahahah wtf