I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Passenger rear door connector, power window.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gendat is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger rear door connector, power window.

I have a door from a salvage yard. What I want to do is apply power and ground, to make the window go down (for shipping purposes). So we need to know which pin gets the juice and which the ground, and how much voltage and amperage.
The connector from the door is below:
Thank you.

Old 02-28-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Passenger rear door connector, power window.

Remove the door panel
Use a couple jumper wires directly on the window motor

Or unplug the power window switch connector, the red and blue wires on the end of that plug go to the window motor (diagram for a 2016)
Old 03-02-2018
Registered!!

Thank you ezone. I took off the door panel and there found the switch connector which has the red and blue. I also see a black, purple green brown, The purple green are smaller diameter. When I put an ohm meter across the red and blue it indicates complete circuit. From the 12 volt source, I run negative jumper to which? What bout the positive jumper?
Old 03-02-2018
Registered!!

Also, can this take full voltage and amps from a stand alone car battery? Can I use a cheaper/smaller 12 volt battery, if I don't have ca battery available?
Old 03-02-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I also see a black, purple green brown, The purple green are smaller diameter.
Ignore.

From the 12 volt source, I run negative jumper to which? What bout the positive jumper?
Doesn't matter. You have to figure this out. One way will run the window up, the opposite way will run the window down.

Also, can this take full voltage and amps from a stand alone car battery? Can I use a cheaper/smaller 12 volt battery, if I don't have ca battery available?
Window motors all run on 12v.

You could run it off of the battery in your own car
You could use a 12v rechargeable cordless drill battery if you know how to hook it up (depending on capacity, most are strong enough to run a window motor a few times)
you could use a standard car battery charger
Old 03-02-2018
Registered!!

Thanks, I used a battery charge as source and bingo! red/blue up and down. Maybe because of my source, I hope, The window moved in short bursts, down 2 inches then stopped, then I lifted jumper and poked backed in another 2 inches. Thanks for your guidance and help.