I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2016 civic coupe Antenna Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chedvikk is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 civic coupe Antenna Location

Anyone know where the FM antenna is located on a 2016 Civic Coupe Hatchback?? it has no shark fin on the roof and i can't seem to see any wiring in the windows anywhere and no whip anywhere on the body. Thanks in advance..
Old 01-27-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2016 civic coupe Antenna Location

Thread moved to correct subforum.

As for your question.. You're 100% positive there's no shark fin? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I just took a look at parts diagrams for various trims of 10th gen coupes. All list a shark fin for an antenna.

p.s.
...2016 Civic Coupe Hatchback??
coupe and hatch are different, but both still use shark fin antennas
Old 01-27-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have a "coupe hatchback" in the US.
In 2016 USA there was only Coupe (2 door), and Sedan (4 door) models

USA hatchback (5 door) came along in 2017.

So it's a coupe......?
What trim level??

Antenna is either in the grid in the rear glass,
or if it has a fin on the roof it's in the fin on the roof.
Old 01-28-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

As for your question.. You're 100% positive there's no shark fin? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I just took a look at parts diagrams for various trims of 10th gen coupes. All list a shark fin for an antenna.

p.s.

No -- there is no Shark Fin nor a Rod antenna anywhere on the vehicle -- i looked at both front and rear windshields also and cant see where there would be an antenna in them. Thanks for the reply
Old 01-28-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
We don't have a "coupe hatchback" in the US.
In 2016 USA there was only Coupe (2 door), and Sedan (4 door) models

USA hatchback (5 door) came along in 2017.

So it's a coupe......?
What trim level??

Antenna is either in the grid in the rear glass,
or if it has a fin on the roof it's in the fin on the roof.

Yes its a Coupe -- and has just 2 doors. if its in the Rear window -- would it be hard to get to the wiring or the plug connector without tearing out the Dashboard? Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-28-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chedvikk
Yes its a Coupe --
What trim level is the car?
Which radio does the car have?

There's like 8 different trim/equipment levels and 4 or 5 different radios. I can't see your car to identify what it is or what it has in it.

if its in the Rear window -- would it be hard to get to the wiring or the plug connector without tearing out the Dashboard? Thanks for the reply.
What's your ultimate goal here?
Are you adding some accessory, or what?
Old 02-02-2018
Registered!!

since the front Glass was replaced - the radio reception has been very bad--- just trying to figure out where the antenna is to check connections if possible. It has a basic radio - no satellite antenna or anything fancy.. plain ole Music.
Old 02-02-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

p.s.

ITs just a plain coupe -- not a hatch back. standard radio with no GPS -- just AM/FM reception.
Old 02-04-2018

Originally Posted by chedvikk
since the front Glass was replaced - the radio reception has been very bad--- just trying to figure out where the antenna is to check connections if possible. It has a basic radio - no satellite antenna or anything fancy.. plain ole Music.
Remove the interior A pillar trim on the passengers side....there should be one antenna cable connector along that pillar, see if it got disconnected when the window was replaced
Old 03-18-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Remove the interior A pillar trim on the passengers side....there should be one antenna cable connector along that pillar, see if it got disconnected when the window was replaced
Thanks i am slowly with help figuring out how to check if the antenna is bad or not. I am searching to try to get to the antenna module. But thanks - i'll try o have a look at that A Pillar trim .

Reception comes and goes on intervals.
Old 03-18-2018

If the car is still under warranty, take it to your Honda dealer