I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Windows rollinf down on their own

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016Touring is an unknown quantity at this point
Windows rollinf down on their own

Ok this has happend to me twice now. I come home with the windows and sun roof closed only to find them open a few hours later has this happend to anyone else or am I and isolated insodent.
Old 11-13-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Windows rollinf down on their own

I'm not sure if Honda does this, but some manufacturers/aftermarket remote starts will do that if certain buttons on the fob are pressed/held, or if the key is turned in the door lock a certain way. Do you keep your keys in your pocket? Try keeping them out of your pocket when you're at the house and see if it stops happening
Old 11-13-2017
Registered!!

2016Touring is an unknown quantity at this point

When I am at home I keep the keys in my closet but I will try to keep them out of my pocket when I drive home from work.
Old 11-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Most people cause this as they are walking up to the car pushing the unlock button several times.

If you double tap and hold down the UNLOCK button on the fob, that rolls down the windows.
They may also roll down if you keep tapping the button too (I did not check this)

It's in the owners manual.

You cannot roll the windows up with the fob though.
You CAN stick the key in the door and hold it in the lock position to roll the windows up.
Old 01-11-2018
Registered!!

REXAZZ2 has a spectacular aura aboutREXAZZ2 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ezone
Most people cause this as they are walking up to the car pushing the unlock button several times.

If you double tap and hold down the UNLOCK button on the fob, that rolls down the windows.
They may also roll down if you keep tapping the button too (I did not check this)

It's in the owners manual.

You cannot roll the windows up with the fob though.
You CAN stick the key in the door and hold it in the lock position to roll the windows up.
had this happen to me 2X today LOL
Its been raining almost all day to boot