I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Retreive Radio Code 2017 Sport Tour HB

Old 05-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZOKIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Retreive Radio Code 2017 Sport Tour HB

Bought new 2017 ST HB and dealer failed to put radio and nav codes in PDI sheet and no stickers or ID card. Seems a dealer PDI failure. I have the touch screen radio and nav so there are no buttons to push/ hold when powering the radio on. Any available instructions on how to get the serial number of the radio and the nav unit with touch screen radio and nav?

I would like to get the serial numbers myself even though the dealer passed it on for me to call Honda and they will walk me though the process when in the car.

It irritates me that the dealer PDI failure is passed on to me to call Honda as opposed for them to spend time getting the codes for me on a separate workorder.
Old 05-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZOKIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Retreive Radio Code 2017 Sport Tour HB

My own response. I called Honda in-car tech support (888-528-7876). They told me I do not need a serial or code for the new Civic (maybe all new Hondas?). If ever loose power and radio/nav will not start up, just hold the audio-on icon on the touch screen for 30-40 seconds or until hear a beep. The unit will restart after the beep. Also, I was told Honda no longer uses stickers for radio/nav codes and serial numbers inside the glove box.

Hope this helps others.

Last edited by AZOKIE; 05-31-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: modify
Old 05-31-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Retreive Radio Code 2017 Sport Tour HB

hold the audio-on icon on the touch screen
If it becomes locked, most of the radios actually tell you right on the display to hold down the power button.
It's literally a no brainer now...

Many owners apparently don't bother to read the words on the display and still freak out though

Search this Thread