Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Acura TSX wheels installed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017
kbh
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kbh is an unknown quantity at this point
Acura TSX wheels installed.

I came to my 2017 Civic EX-L from a 2004 Acura TSX. During the 14 years I drove that car, I swapped to 2011 TSX wheels along the way. They are 17 x 7.5, ET 55, but with the same bolt circle and hub size. I had just mounted 225 45 17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports about four months ago when the car was totaled in a crash. I salvaged the rims along with some other accessories before the car went off to auction.

I was going to sell them, but when the Civic came home, I saw that the rims would fit the new car and since I like the Michelins better than the stock Firestones, I thought what the heck and mounted them. The tires are about 1/2" smaller in diameter and they look a little smaller in the wheel well. The higher offset (stock ET 45) also sets them deeper inside the fender, which is a bit dorky, but the increased tire performance is worth it. The center caps were also an easy swap. I considered spacers, but the studs on the Civic are notably rather short and with a 10mm spacer, there won't be much thread left for the lugnuts.

I will probably just run these until the tires wear out and then sell the rims, but I actually prefer the look of silver wheels to the dark stock rims.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6844.JPG
Views:	433
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	111619   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6845.JPG
Views:	1023
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	111620   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6846.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	111621  
Old 09-04-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Acura TSX wheels installed.

Lookin good man =D.
Old 09-19-2017
kbh
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kbh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Acura TSX wheels installed.

My son and I drove the Civic to his Tire Rack Street Survival course this past weekend. During tech inspection for the event, he got comments from several of the techs regarding the wheels and tires. He aced the slalom, emergency braking, and skidpad exercises with the upgraded rubber. The class was great for a young driver and when we were going home, my son commented that the most valuable part of the class was learning the handling limits of the car. Wondering now if I should have put the car back on stock rubber for the event so my son doesn't call up his inner Mario Andretti when he drives!