Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Side mirror

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shadywarrior45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Side mirror

So I woke up to this. I don’t know much about cars. Any advice or suggestions on a fix?
Old 05-12-2018
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Side mirror

Mirror glass problem ??

Call your local auto glass shop.
Old 05-12-2018
Registered!!

The skull or cap was broken off of my left side mirror.
Old 05-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Was a picture posted here? I can't see anything.

Year/Make/Model?

Skull cap broken? You can buy individual pieces for many of the mirrors, but not all.
Old 05-12-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shadywarrior45
The skull or cap was broken off of my left side mirror.

Old 05-12-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezone
Year/Make/Model?
Also, what trim level? Kinda looks like a 10th gen without blind spot cameras (likely a 2016+ lx or sport?), but I can't tell 100%. Can't recommend anything until we know what [kind of car] we're dealing with.
Old 05-12-2018
Registered!!

Sorry
honda civic 2016 lx
Old 01-29-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

as with anything that is broken, replace...
use parts that are designed for the car.
call insurance for options.
If you have security camera, check them to see what happened.
Old 07-29-2021
Registered!!

rodaniel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Side mirror

Exact thing happened to my daughter's 2017 Civic EX (4-door) driver's side mirror. The mirror/camera still both work fine, so I just need to help her replace the exterior cowling.

Would really appreciate any pointers on the parts number(s) most likely needed!

Rob O.
Old 07-29-2021
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Part numbers below for OEM color matched mirror caps (#11 on the diagram -- left/driver's side)
White Orchid Pearl (NH788P): 76251-TBA-A11ZE
Cosmic Blue Metallic (B607M): 76251-TBA-A21ZK
Midnight Burgundy Pearl (R560P): 76251-TBA-A11ZA
Crystal Black Pearl (NH731P): 76251-TBA-A11ZF
Lunar Silver Metallic (NH830M): 76251-TBA-A21ZD
Modern Steel Metallic (NH797M): 76251-TBA-A21ZF
Brilliant Sporty Blue/Aegean Blue Metallic (B593M): 76251-TBA-A11ZJ
Rallye Red (R513): 76251-TBA-A11ZB
Energy Green Pearl (GY30P): 76251-TBA-A11ZK
Polished Metal Metallic (NH737M): 76251-TBA-A21YF
Sonic Gray Pearl (NH877P): 76251-TBA-A21YJ
*Championship White (NH0): 76251-TBA-A21YB
*Boost Blue Pearl (B637P): 76251-TBA-A21YL

Figured I'd add right/passenger side part numbers, just in case (#2 on the above diagram)
White Orchid Pearl (NH788P): 76201-TBA-A11ZE
Cosmic Blue Metallic (B607M): 76201-TBA-A11ZH
Midnight Burgundy Pearl (R560P): 76201-TBA-A11ZA
Crystal Black Pearl (NH731P): 76201-TBA-A11ZF
Lunar Silver Metallic (NH830M): 76201-TBA-A21ZD
Modern Steel Metallic (NH797M): 76201-TBA-A11ZD
Brilliant Sporty Blue/Aegean Blue Metallic (B593M): 76201-TBA-A11ZJ
Rallye Red (R513): 76201-TBA-A11ZB
Energy Green Pearl (GY30P): 76201-TBA-A11ZK
Polished Metal Metallic (NH737M): 76201-TBA-A21YE
Sonic Grey Pearl (NH877P): 76201-TBA-A21YH
*Championship White (NH0): 76201-TBA-A11ZV
*Boost Blue Pearl (B637P): 76201-TBA-A21YL

Fitment is the same for all 2016-2021 Civics (all trims/body styles) and 2019-2021 Insights. That said, if you want to customize your colorways, have at it. Have a white or black civic and want red mirror caps. Bam, just order the Rallye Red ones. Want a flair of the OG Championship White on your car? Part numbers are above.

*Championship White and Boost Blue Pearl are Type-R specific colors

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-30-2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2021
Registered!!

Thanks RiceBoy!!

On a slight side note, my daughter doesn't have the dealer sheet or anything specific and isn't sure if her Civic is Cosmic Blue Metallic or Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic. Armed with only the VIN, is there a way I can determine what color her car is?

Rob O.
Old 07-30-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

enter vin in honda owner's site (you can also donwload an owners manual there). Have daughter register, it's better
https://owners.honda.com/

what riceboy posted is also available in any online honda parts dealer
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...retailers.html
Old 07-30-2021
Administrator
Administrator

VIN won't decode color. Check the door jamb. There should be a label that tells you what the paint code is. Chances are, it's not Brilliant Sporty Blue. That's a Type-R specific color. I just realized Aegean blue isn't on my list of mirror caps. I'll add it here shortly

edit: I guess the euro name for Aegean Blue is Brilliant Sport Blue Metallic... Boost blue was the Type R specific blue I was thinking.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-30-2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2021
Administrator
Administrator

Driver's side door jamb, the sticker with the VIN and a buncha other stuff most people pay no mind to. Yeah, I censored the last 6 of my VIN and the barcode on the sticker.

Match that code to the list I have above to find the applicable part number
Old 07-30-2021
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
VIN won't decode color.
The dealership level parts catalog does it.

Maybe online Honda dealers parts catalog vin breakdown might show the info but IDK, never tried it myself
Old 07-30-2021
Administrator
Administrator

The dealership level parts catalog does it.
I'll be damned. Good to know. I just know that publicly accessible things (like the NHTSA VIN decoder) don't show things like color. I've tried so damn hard to find colors via VIN before with no luck.

Maybe online Honda dealers parts catalog vin breakdown might show the info but IDK, never tried it myself
Just tested it out with Majestic Honda. All color options show as available, not just my car's color.
Old 07-31-2021
Registered!!

Question Re: Side mirror

Upon closer inspection, I believe my daughter's Civic (confirmed to be Cosmic Blue Metallic, thanks to you guys!) is gonna need both the mirror cap and the bottom piece(s) that it connects to (see attached photos) since that/those appears to have been broken too. I'm unclear what the part number(s) would be for that lower portion - could y'all point me in the right direction on that too?

And does anyone know just how involved replacing that will be?

Rob O.

Old 07-31-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

i would replace the entire unit, pending price...
Old 07-31-2021
Administrator
Administrator

So, here's the entire mirror diagram

Number 5/14 on the diagram (P/N 76255-TBA-A02ZA for the driver's side) I think is all that's also broken, but it's hard to tell from the diagram. Assuming that's all you have to replace, it'd be a $70-ish (plus shipping and tax) replacement for factory OEM stuff (that's using the site I linked -- there are many more out there that have the same stuff at similar pricing, but Majestic Honda has been my go-to). The entire mirror assembly is like $240 + shipping and tax. Looking back and forth at the pics you took and the diagram, it really does look like that's all that's broken.
Old 08-10-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
i would replace the entire unit, pending price...
There's a seller on eBay who offers a Kool Vue brand replacement mirror for <$60. Anyone have any experience with that brand?

I know I'd still need to either buy the Cosmic Blue cap or pay to have a body shop paint the Kool Vue cap - which I assume would be the more expensive of the 2 options. But if I can get the whole mirror assembly and a color-matched cap for about $100, that seems like a reasonable fix for a car that my daughter is not likely to keep too much longer.
Old 08-10-2021
Administrator
Administrator

Did a search. Apparently they're decent