Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Gas tank cover vibration when unlocking

Old 02-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jasonpagsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Gas tank cover vibration when unlocking

I have a 2017 LX and whenever I unlock my car, there is a buzzing sound on the lock of the gas tank cover which does not normally happen. What could have caused this?

Old 02-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gas tank cover vibration when unlocking

There is a power lock actuator that secures the fuel door when you lock the car.

Normal to hear it operate when you lock and unlock the car doors, unless it somehow broke and doesn't actually lock or unlock the fuel door.
Old 02-10-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jasonpagsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
There is a power lock actuator that secures the fuel door when you lock the car.

Normal to hear it operate when you lock and unlock the car doors, unless it somehow broke and doesn't actually lock or unlock the fuel door.
There is a sound when I lock and unlock the car but right now it’s excessive sound. When i lock the doors it’s the normal sound but when i unlock it there is excessive vibrations which is not the usual. Could i post videos on this thread? Maybe it would help relay the information i am talking about
Old 02-10-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Could i post videos on this thread?
Sure. This site will usually embed youtube video links into posts.....copy the URL and paste it here

but when i unlock it there is excessive vibrations which is not the usual.
Does it actually unlock the fuel door?

Have you opened the fuel door and operate the power locks to watch the actuator move?

Is it insanely cold where you are and/or the mechanism is frozen?

Warranty. Dealership visit!