General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

Can my civic tow another civic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Can my civic tow another civic?

Hi everyone,

I have a question about towing capabilities of our new 2017 Civic and was not sure where to post it.

We own a 2017 Civic hatchback and want to know if I can tow a 2009 civic four wheels down? The 09 civic was set up for towing behind a RV....but I want to tow it with the new civic since we are moving.

Is that too much for the 2017, I don't want to risk problems?

Thanks,
Phil
Old 12-01-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can my civic tow another civic?

Owners manual says it'll void warranties if you do. I personally wouldn't risk it.
Old 12-01-2017
Registered!!

REXAZZ2 has a spectacular aura aboutREXAZZ2 has a spectacular aura about

I wouldnt recommend
If your renting a moving truck drag it with it
Old 12-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If your 2017 has the CVT trans, hell no you can't tow another car with it.
Old 12-01-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Is it legal in your state to tow one car with another?
Old 12-03-2017
Registered!!

civicphil is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok.... thanks guys.... didn't really think I could but wanted to get other opinions. Not renting a truck for this phase of the move...that will come in the spring or summer of 2018. Guess my wife will have to drive one of the civics and I the other one.

Thanks again,
Phil