Electronics Post your questions about Electronics problems here!

ABS, VSA, TMPS, Steering lights are on!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ziyadcomp is an unknown quantity at this point
ABS, VSA, TMPS, Steering lights are on!

Hi, I have Honda civic 2016, it was hit from front but not too much damage other than bumper and radiator, driver airbag deployed, after I done with repairing I have now abs, steering power, tmps, brake (for electric brake) and vsa are ligts on in the dashboard. I checked with scanner and giving me only miss communication with steering angle sensor! I called dealer and they told me that it doesn't come with this car!! there is no SAS for that car!! Do I have to try to replace clock spring sensor or what? do you have that problem before? Thanks.
Old 11-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ABS, VSA, TMPS, Steering lights are on!

Is this your own car--- or are you working on it?

How many systems can your scanner access?
What code numbers did you retrieve?

Does the dash warn you to drive carefully ??
Have you driven the car yet?

After a battery disconnect, these things don't retain learned values so you have to do it manually......The car has to be driven IN A STRAIGHT LINE so the SAS can relearn 'straight ahead', once this is completed all warnings should go away.
I can usually get this done just driving across our parking lot. I want to say maybe 50-100 yards of driving straight should do it.
Old 11-02-2017
Registered!!

Thank you so much ezone for your quick response
First, I will answer your questions then I will explain with more details.
-This is not my car, I am buying cars from auction, repair it and then sell it.
-I have multi-scan tool can read all car's systems but can calibrate or adjust.
-I have one code right now which is U0126 (lost communication with steering angle sensor).
-The dash not giving me warning because it's LX (basic model dash), I drove the car for about 60 miles and still same.
Let me go in detail now, I tried to find SAS (steering angle sensor) but look like there is no SAS for this car!! It maybe coming with clock spring behind the steering wheel.
I am doubt about that clock spring because the driver airbag deployed and the attached connectors to that airbag were melt down and I replaced it. I think since then maybe the clock spring needs to replace because that connectors are coming from it and could be damaged also!

Do you have an idea what I am talking about? Your advice is very appreciated!
Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

VSA system obtains steering angle data from the electric power steering system.
U0126 probably came from the VSA control unit....
Got any EPS codes?

Did you replace anything having to do with either the EPS or VSA systems? Relearn of the involved sensors would be necessary.

Seems like this would be an issue related to FCAN communication circuits, or possibly an internal failure in the VSA, EPS motor/control unit. If it comes down to the latter, I believe Honda sells the motor/control unit separate from the rest of the steering rack.

If you can get a data list form the EPS see what the steering angle data says, dead center straight ahead should of course read 0 degrees.

Another thought you might try, when trying to erase fault codes from VSA ans EPS, set the steering wheel perfectly straight. (SAS within 2* of zero)
Old 11-02-2017
Registered!!

Thank you so much again.
I don't think I have any other codes, I will check later on today to confirm.
I let my friend who has Maxisys re-calibrate the steering and the light went off (only steering light, ABS and VSA still on after the calibration) and when I drove the car it went back after minute or so!
Why you think the EPS motor has problem? you depend on the code only? the car not really hit very hard and nothing happen to engine, VSA module or EPS!
I think the clock spring could be the problem since the driver airbag connectors melt it down and that could be a sign for wear for that clock spring, isn't it?
Old 11-02-2017

Originally Posted by ziyadcomp
Why you think the EPS motor has problem?
I did not say that. Read the reply again.

I think the clock spring could be the problem since the driver airbag connectors melt it down and that could be a sign for wear for that clock spring, isn't it?
Not related to your VSA-EPS problem.

VSA system obtains steering angle data from the electric power steering system.
Old 11-02-2017
Registered!!

Could you please explain what do think I have to do?
Old 11-02-2017

Originally Posted by ziyadcomp
Could you please explain what do think I have to do?
Obtain real dealer level service information and wiring diagrams at Honda Service Express:

https://techinfo.honda.com/

then follow the specific troubleshooting procedures for the fault code you have...test according to the service information procedures
Old 07-11-2020
Registered!!

NKuch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Did figure out what was the issue to erase those code on your civic?
Old 11-16-2020
Registered!!

labryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought 2017 civic at auction like you for myself and after bodyshop fixed everything. All light like yours are on? Did you fix it? I saw on the you tube a guy fixed it by replacing the fuse.