Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Tire help

Old 09-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ashallen3322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire help

I just bought a 2017 honda civic ex with Honda sensing, car has 400 miles on it now. I had to replace the back tire because of a screw in the sidewall. I put same size and all the just the the tread pattern is a little bit different because they don't carry the same tire in stock. Once I replaced it every single light possible popped up on the dash. Power steering problem, brake system failure, brake assist failure, Lane departure failure Etc no kidding every warning light possible. I tried to recalibrate the tires that didn't work. I took it to the dealership and they are telling me every single tire on the car has to be exactly the same brand and style. And that's why I'm getting all the warning lights. Does anyone know if this car is correct or they're just trying to screw me?
Old 09-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tire help

just the the tread pattern is a little bit different
Can't do that. Order the exact matching tire.

Did they tell you any of the fault code numbers or give you a printout with all the codes from all the modules?
Old 09-23-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ashallen3322 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just went and got a tire everything is good now
Old 09-25-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

that's a problem on the modern cars - too many sensors...

I remember when i threw my miata's tires (205/50R16) on the rear of the civic, with the 205/55R16 in the fronts. ABS went like a Christmas tree in a few yards!

Search this Thread