Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need help with 2001 Honda Civic solenoids

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BumperStickers is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help with 2001 Honda Civic solenoids

Hello. New here.
Just found out that my shift solenoids need to be replaced. I'm not a mechanic, but I am pretty good with my hands. I need help locating the solenoids. I have an idea where they might be, but not 100% sure. I have tried to look for/buy the right part, but I am having trouble with finding the correct one online. Purchased a part yesterday, but I guess it was the wrong piece (filter for solenoid not whole part?). I have pictures of which parts I think I need to buy, but the price difference is extremely different. I don't want to but the wrong part again. Any help and or advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 06-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help with 2001 Honda Civic solenoids

Could you be more specific?
There's about 5 solenoids and 3 speed sensors to choose from.
Got fault code numbers?

You say it's an 01, that means it probably needs a trans replacement though.
Old 06-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BumperStickers is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need help with 2001 Honda Civic solenoids

I was told transmission shift solenoids, possibly linear. No fault code numbers. But I am going to try to get more information tomorrow.
The transmission seems to be fine. Fluid looks good, not dark, not burnt, no flakes.